- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Isogeometric Analysis for Two-dimensional Multipatch Model
2차원 멀티패치 모델의 아이소-지오메트릭 해석
- Kim, Min-Geun (Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials(KIMM)) ;
- Koo, Bonyong (School of Mechanical Convergence System Engineering, Kunsan National Univ.)
- Received : 2017.10.30
- Accepted : 2017.11.11
- Published : 2017.12.29
In this paper, an isogeometric analysis for multipatch problem is investigated, in which two or more geometries are connected at the interface in a conforming or non-conforming conditions. To express higher continuity at the patch interface, two approaches such as Nitsche based method and master-slave method are formulated for the linear elasticity problem and discretized using the isogeometric approach using NURBS basis functions. A short comparison between two approaches in formulations reveals the pros and cons of them with the applicability in the isogeometric multipatch problem. In addition, a NURBS based stress recovery is adopted to express a better stress continuity through the post-processing. Numerical examples indicate the effectiveness of Nitsche method in the non-conforming patch, following the exact solution well. For the stress concentration problem with the conforming patch, introduced two methodologies show comparative results, meanwhile the NURBS based stress recovery presents an improved smooth stress contour in the whole domain including the patch interface.
Supported by : 한국기계연구원, 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Brivadis, E., Buffa, A., Wohlmuth, B., Wunderlich, L. (2015) Isogeometric Mortar Methods, Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., 284, pp.292-319. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2014.09.012
- Cottrell, J., Hughes, T., Reali, A. (2007) Studies of Refinement and Continuity in Isogeometric Structural Analysis, Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., 196, pp.4160-4183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2007.04.007
- Dolbow, J., Harari, I. (2009) An Efficient Finite Element Method for Embedded Interface Problems, Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng., 78, pp.229-252. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.2486
- Ha, Y.D., Yoon, M.H., Cho, S. (2012) Isogeometric Shape Sensitivity Analysis in Generalized Curvilinear Coordinate Systemsn Isogeometrical approach to Error Estimation and Stress Recovery, J. Comput. Struct. Eng., 25(6), pp.497-504.
- Hassani, B., Ganjali, A. Tavakkoli, M. (2012) An Isogeometrical approach to Error Estimation and Stress Recovery, European J. Mech. A/Solids, 31, pp.101-109. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2011.08.001
- Hughes, T., Cottrell, J., Bazilevs, Y. (2005) Isogeometric Analysis: CAD, Finite Elements, Exact Geometry and Mesh Refinement, Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., 194, pp.4135-4195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2004.10.008
- Nguyen, V., Kerfridenu, P., Brino, M., Bordas, S., Bonisoli, E. (2014) Nitsche's Method for Two and Three Dimensional NURBS Patch Coupling, Comput. Mech., 53, pp.1163-1182. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00466-013-0955-3
- Sanders, J.D., Laursen, T., Puso, M.A. (2011) A Nitsche Embedded Mesh Mothod, Comput. Mech., 49, pp.243-257.