- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Stochastic Seismic Performance Evaluation Method for Structural Performance Point Based on Capacity Spectrum Method
역량스펙트럼법을 통한 구조물 성능점의 확률적 기반 내진성능평가기법 개발
- Choi, Insub (Department of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Jang, Jisang (Department of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, JunHee (Department of Architectural Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2017.11.10
- Accepted : 2017.12.11
- Published : 2017.12.29
In this study, a method of probabilistic evaluation of the performance point of the structure obtained by capacity spectrum method (CSM) is presented. The performance point of the 4-story and 1-bay steel structure was determined by using CSM according to ATC-40. In order to analyze whether the demand spectrums exceed the performance limit of the structure, the limit displacements are derived for the performance limit of the structure defined from the plastic deformation angle of the structural member. In addition, by selecting a total of 30 artificial seismic wave having the response spectrum similar to the design response spectrum, the fragility curves were derived by examining whether the response spectrum obtained from the artificial seismic wave were exceeded each performance limit according to the spectral acceleration. The maximum likelihood method was used to derive the fragility curve using observed excess probabilities. It has been confirmed that there exists a probability that the response acceleration value of the design response spectrum corresponding to each performance limit exceeds the performance limit. This method has a merit that the stochastic evaluation can be performed considering the uncertainty of the seismic waves with respect to the performance point of the structure, and the analysis time can be shortened because the incremental dynamic analysis (IDA) is not necessary.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Abeysinghe, R.S., Gavaise, E., Rosignoli, M., Tzaveas, T. (2002) Pushover Analysis of Inelastic Seismic Behavior of Greveniotikos Bridge, J. Bridge Eng., 7(2), pp.115-126. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2002)7:2(115)
- Applied Technology Council (1996) Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings, Report No. ATC-40. Redwood City, CA.
- Banerjee, S., Shinozuka, M. (2007) Nonlinear Static Procedure for Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of Bridges, Comput.-Aided Civil & Infrastruct. Eng., 22(4), pp.293-305. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8667.2007.00486.x
- Chopra, A.K., Goel, R.K. (2002) A Modal Pushover Analysis Procedure for Estimating Seismic Demands for Buildings, Earhq. Eng. Struct., 31(3), pp.561-582. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.144
- Fajfar, P. (2000) A Nonlinear Analysis Method for Performance-based Seismic Design, Earhq. Spectra, 16(3), pp.573-592. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1586128
- FEMA (1997) NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings, Report No. FEMA-273 Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, D.C.
- FEMA (2000) Prestandard and Commentary for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Building, Report No. FEMA-356 Federal Emergency Management Agency, Washington, D.C.
- Freeman, S.A. (1998) The Capacity Spectrum Method as a Tool for Seismic Design, In Proc. 11th European Conf. Earthq. Eng., pp.6-11.
- Karim, K.R., Yamazaki, F. (2003) A Simplified Method of Constructing Fragility Curves for Highway Bridges, Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 32(10), pp.1603-1626. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.291
- Kim, G.J., Song. J.K. (2014) Seismic Fragility Analysis of Lightning Arrester using Capacity Spectrum Method, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(4), pp.255-263. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.4.255
- Korea Building Code 2016 (2016) Architectural institute of Korea.
- McCrum, D., Amato, G., Suhail, R. (2016) Development of Seismic Fragility Functions for a Moment Resisting Reinforced Concrete Framed Structure, Open Constr. & Build. Tech. J., 12, pp.136-149.
- Seyedi, D., Gehl, P., Douglas, J., Davenne, L., Mezher, N., Ghavamian, S. (2010) Development of Seismic Fragility Surfaces for Reinforced Concrete Buildings by Means of Nonlinear Time-History Analysis, Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 39(1), pp.91-108. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.939
- Shafei, B., Zareian, F., Lignos, D.G. (2011) A Simplified Method for Collapse Capacity Assessment of Moment-Resisting Frame and Shear Wall Structural Systems, Eng. Struct., 33(4), pp.1107-1116. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.12.028
- Shakeri, K., Shayanfar, M.A., Kabeyasawa, T. (2010) A Story Shear-Based Adaptive Pushover Procedure for Estimating Seismic Demands of Buildings, Eng. Struct., 32(1), pp.174-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.09.004
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M.Q., Kim, H.K., Kim, S.H. (2000) Nonlinear Static Procedure for Fragility Curve Development, J. Eng. Mech-ASCE, 126(12), pp.1287-1295. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2000)126:12(1287)
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M.Q., Lee, J., Naganuma, T. (2000) Statistical Analysis of Fragility Curves, J. Eng. Mech-ASCE, 126(12), pp.1224-1231. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2000)126:12(1224)
- You. J.S., Yang. W.J., Yi. W.H., Kim. H.J. (2014) Propose of Capacity Spectrum Method by Nonlinear Earthquake Response Analysis, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(6), pp.501-508. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.6.501
- Zheng, Y., Usami, T., Ge, H. (2003) Seismic Response Predictions of Multi-Span Steel Bridges Through Pushover Analysis, Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 32(8), pp.1259-1274. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.272