- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Structural Performance of Double Rip Decks Reinforced with Inverted Triangular Truss Girders
역삼각 트러스 거더로 보강된 더블 골 데크 성능 평가
- Son, Hong-Jun (Department of Architectural Engineering, Kyung Hee Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Ho (Institute of R&D, NTAGE Co., Ltd.) ;
- Chung, Kyung-Soo (POSCO Global R&D Center) ;
- Kim, Dae-Jin (Department of Architectural Engineering, Kyung Hee Univ.)
- Received : 2017.11.15
- Accepted : 2017.12.02
- Published : 2017.12.29
This paper proposes a new composite deckplate system reinforced with inverted triangular truss girders(called 'D Deck'), which does not require the use of temporary supports at construction stage. The proposed system retains increased stiffness and strength while keeping the absolute floor height change to a minimum level and can be utilized as floor systems of various types beam members such as the conventional wide-flange and U-shaped composite beams. In order to evaluate the performance of the proposed system, five specimens with a span of 5.5 m were fabricated and tested under field loading conditions consisting of several intermediate steps. The load-deflection curves of each specimen were plotted and compared with the nonlinear three-dimensional finite element analysis results. The comparison showed that the effective load sharing between the truss girders and floor deck occurs and the maximum deflection under construction stage loading is well below the limit estimated by the provisions in Korea Building Code.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- ABAQUS (2017) User's Manual Ver.6.17, H.K.S. Inc.
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2016) Korea Building Code and Commentary (in Korean).
- Kim, H.J., Hui, C., Kim, J.H., Yoon, M.H., Lee. M.J., Moon. T.S., Kim. G.S., Kim. D.J., Kim. D.K. (1997) A Study on the Structural Behavior of the Composite Slabs with the New Shaped Composite Metal Deckplate, Archit. Inst. Korea, 17(1), pp.469-475.
- Kim, J.H., Kwon, I.K., Kim, U.S. (1996) An Experimental Study on the Mechanical Behavior of New-Type Flat Deckplate, Archit. Inst. Korea 12(5), pp.133-140.
- Kim, S.B., Park, J.Y., Kim, S.S. (2011) Performance Evaluation for Steel Wire-integrated Void Deck Plate with Omega Type Plate, Archit. Inst. Korea, 27(6), pp.31-38.
- Lee, S.J., Choi, S.H., Song. J.W., Kyung. J.H., Choi, S.M. (2015) Deflection History of Pre-Camber applied 9.0m Non-Support Cap Deck, Archit. Inst. Korea, 35(2), pp.427-428.
- Lee, S.K., Lee, Y.J. (2007) An Evaluation of Structural Safety for Steel Wire-Integrated Deck Plate System, Archit. Inst. Korea, 23(11), pp.43-50.
- Marimuthu, V., Seetharaman, S., Arul Jayachandran, S., Chellappan, A., Bandyyopadhyay, T.K., Dutta, D. (2007) Experimental Studies on Composite Deck Slabs to Determine the Shear-bond Characteristic (m-k) Values of the embossed Profiled Sheet, J. Constr. Steel Res., 63(6), pp.791-803. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2006.07.009
- Park, K.Y., Lee, S.H., Kim, Y.H., Choi, S.M. (2011) Field Instrumentation for Safety Assessment under Construction of Deep Deck Plate, Archit. Inst. Korea 31(2), pp.223-224.
- Shim, H.J., Yang, K.H., Lee, E.T., Chung, H.S. (2004) The Experimental Study of Flexural Behavior of Continuous Composite Slab Reinforced with Structural Steel Deck Plate, Archit. Inst. Korea, 24(2), pp.111-114.