- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
BIM-Based Quantity Takeoff and Cost Estimation Guidelines for Reinforced Concrete Structures
철근콘크리트골조 BIM기반 수량산출 및 견적 가이드라인 수립
- Joo, Seon U (Department of Architectural Engineering, DanKook University) ;
- Kim, Chee-Kyeong (Department of Architectural Engineering, DanKook University) ;
- Kim, Si-Uk (Department of Architectural Engineering, DanKook University) ;
- Noh, Jun-Oh (Housing Welfare Division, Korea Land & Housing Corporation)
- Received : 2017.11.28
- Accepted : 2017.12.04
- Published : 2017.12.29
The object of this research is an establishment of BIM-based quantity takeoff(QTO) and cost estimation guidelines for reinforcement concrete structures focused on improvement of field applicability in transition period from 2D drawing-based environment to 3D BIM-based environment. Preliminary studies on existing guidelines and standards for BIM modeling, QTO and cost estimation of reinforcement concrete structures are performed, and then a standardization of BIM-based cost estimation process is proposed through comparative analysis between 2D drawing-based cost estimation process and 3D BIM-based. In addition, modeling, QTO, and cost estimation processes of cost-BIM model for RC structures are conducted. The contributions of this research and the guidelines suggested by this research are 1) lowering barriers to entity to the new BIM-based environment for small size companies, 2) reducing construction cost by a close estimate, 3) establishing the foundation for integrated management of informations through construction project life cycle, 4) and ultimately, developing the BIM ecosystems.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Harvey, M.B. (2014) SmartMarket Report The Business Value of BIM for Construction in Major Global Markets: How Contractors around the World are Driving Innovation with Building Information Modeling, McGraw Hill Construction, Bedford MA, p.60.
- Harvey, M.B., Stephen, A. J. (2015) Smart Market Report The Business Value of BIM in China, Dodge Data & Analytics, Bedford MA, p.56.
- Kim, S.A., Yoon, S.W., Chin, S.Y., Kim, T.Y. (2009) A Development of Automated Modeling System for Apartment Interior to Improve Productivity of BIM-based Quantity Take-Off, Archi. Inst. Korea, 25(9), pp.133-143.
- Kim, S.A., Park, K., Song, B.S., Choi, C.H., Chin, S.Y. (2016) A Study on Setting Up Work Conditions for Improving Productivity of BIM-based Cost Estimation, J. Constr. Eng. & Manag., 17(1), pp.56-65.
- Kim, S.Y., Ahn, C.Y., Choi, B.M. (2016) A Study on the Revision of Extra Rate of Bar Splice for Housing Construction, Research Support 2016-30, Land & Housing Institute, DaeJeon, p.168.
- Kim, S.Y., Lee, B.S., Jeong, D.Y., Noh, J.O., Choi, B.M. (2017) A Study on the Draw up Standard of Placing Drawing through the Setting up a Guideline for Bar Reinforcement, Research Support 2017-00, Land & Housing Institute, DaeJeon, p.227.
- Korea Land & Housing Corporation (2010) Architecture Structural Design Standard, Korea Land & Housing Corporation, Korea, p.243.
- Korea Land & Housing Corporation (2016) Common Drawings for Structural Design based on KBC-2009, Korea Land & Housing Corporation, Korea, p.10.
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2016) BIM Guideline for Architectural Design Drawings, AIK-G-001-2016, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea, p.137.
- Building Smart Korea (2010) BIM Implementation Guidelines, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea, p.144.
- Korea Land & Housing Corporation (2016) Guidelines for Construction Cost Estimation, Korea Land & Housing Corporation, Korea, p.204.
- Lee, G., Lee, J.W. (2012) SmartMarket Report The Business Value of BIM in South Korea: How Building Information Modeling Is Driving Positive Change in the South Korean Construction Industry, McGraw Hill Construction, Bedford MA, p.57.
- Lee, H.S. (2014) An Improvement of the Quantity Take-off Process for Reducing Errors During Detailed Design Development of Building Projects, Master's Thesis, Jung-Ang University, p.60.
- Lee, J.E., Yang, D.S., Bin, T.B., Jang, I.K., Choi, J.Y., Kim, J.M. (2015) BIM Implementation Strategies for LH Projects, Research Support 2015-78, Land & Housing Institute, DaeJeon, p.199.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2010) KBC-2009 Architecture Structural Design Standard, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea, p.769.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2016) KBC-2016 Architecture Structural Design Standard, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea, p.528.
- Public Procurement Service (2016) BIM Implementation Guidelines for Facility Project v1.31, Public Procurement Service, Korea, p.200.
- Seoul Housing & Communities Corporation (2016) 2016 Construction Cost Estimation Standard, Seoul Housing & Communities Corporation, Seoul, p.201.