- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Aerodynamic Drag of Transonic Vehicle in Evacuated Tube Using Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Kang, Hyungmin (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dongyang Mirae University) ;
- Jin, Yingmei (Department of Transportation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Kwon, Hyeokbin (Department of Transportation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Kim, Kyuhong (Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2017.10.24
- Accepted : 2017.11.07
- Published : 2017.12.30
The characteristics of aerodynamic drag for Transonic Vehicle in Evacuated Tube was investigated using computational fluid dynamics. At first, parametric study on the system was performed according to the Mach number of the vehicle's speed (
Supported by : Korea National University of Transportation
- Goddard, R. H., "The Limit of Rapid Transit", Scientific American, Vol. 101, No. 21, 1909, pp. 366. DOI: 10.1038/ scientificamerican11201909-366d
- Trzaskoma, W. P., Tube Vehicle System (TVS) Technology Review, 1970, No. M70-4 Intrm Rpt.
- Bierlaire, M., Axhausen, K. and Abay, G., "The Acceptance of Modal Innovation: The Case of Swissmetro", In Proceedings of the 1st Swiss Transportation Research Conference, 2001.
- Shen, Z. Y., "On Developing High-Speed Evacuated Tube Transportation in China", Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, Vol. 40, No. 2, 2005, pp. 133-137.
- Sato, Y., Konagai, K., Maeda, T., Saito, S., Satoh, T. and Ishida, M., "SUPERMETRO-Super-High-Speed-Train in Low Pressure Tunnel", World Congress on Railway and Research, 2006.
- Lee, H. W., Cho, S. Y., Cho, W. Y., Lee, J. and Kwon, H. B., "Analysis of the Magnetic Effect on the Tube Infrastructure for a Super Speed Tube Train", International Journal of Railway, Vol. 2 No. 4, 2009, pp.170-174.
- Musk, E., "Hyperloop Alpha", SpaceX. Retrieved August 13 2013.
- Kantrowitz, A. and Donaldson, C. D., "Preliminary Investigation of Supersonic Diffusers", National Advisory Committee on Aeronautics, Langley Memorial Aeronautical Laboratory, Langley Field, Virginia, 1945.
- Opgenoord, M. J. and Caplan, P. C., "On the Aerodynamic Design of the Hyperloop Concept", In Proceedings of the 35th AIAA Applied Aerodynamic Conference, 2017.
- Van Wie, D. M., Kwok, F. T. and Walsh, R. F., "Starting Characteristics of Supersonic Inlets", AIAA paper 96-2914, 1996.
- ANSYS FLUENT 12.0 Theory Guide.
- Numerical Analysis of Aerodynamic Characteristics of Hyperloop System vol.12, pp.3, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/en12030518