- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Analysis of High-Speed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Ground Directional Rectifying Control System
- Yin, Qiaozhi (State Key Laboratory of Mechanics and Control of Mechanical Structures, College of Aerospace Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) ;
- Nie, Hong (State Key Laboratory of Mechanics and Control of Mechanical Structures, College of Aerospace Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) ;
- Wei, Xiaohui (State Key Laboratory of Mechanics and Control of Mechanical Structures, College of Aerospace Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) ;
- Xu, Kui (State Key Laboratory of Mechanics and Control of Mechanical Structures, College of Aerospace Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
- Received : 2016.07.29
- Accepted : 2017.12.14
- Published : 2017.12.30
The full nonlinear equations of an unmanned aerial vehicle ground taxiing mathematical dynamic model are built based on a type of unmanned aerial vehicle data in LMS Virtual.Lab Motion. The flexible landing gear model is considered to make the aircraft ground motion more accurate. The electric braking control system is established in MATLAB/Simulink and the experiment of it verifies that the electric braking model with the pressure sensor is fitted well with the actual braking mechanism and it ensures the braking response speediness. The direction rectification control law combining the differential brake and the rudder with 30% anti-skid brake is built to improve the directional stability. Two other rectifying control laws are demonstrated to compare with the designed control law to verify that the designed control is of high directional stability and high braking efficiency. The lateral displacement increases by 445.45% with poor rectification performance under the only rudder rectifying control relative to the designed control law. The braking distance rises by 36m and the braking frequency increases by 85.71% under the control law without anti-skid brake. Different landing conditions are simulated to verify the good robustness of the designed rectifying control.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Central Universities
- Song, L., Yang, H., Yan, X. F., Ma, C. and Huang, J., "A Study of Instability in a Miniature Flying-Wing Aircraft in High-Speed Taxi", Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol. 23, Issue 3, 2015, pp. 749-756. DOI: 10.1016/j.cja.2015.04.001
- Sadraey, M. and Colgren, R., "Two DOF Robust Nonlinear Autopilot Design for a Small UAV Using a Combination of Dynamic Inversion and H Loop Shaping", AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, San Francisco, California, 2005. DOI: 10.2514/6.2005-6402
- Patrick, W. W., Jon, C. C., Andrew, T. and Serhiy, B., "An Overview of the More Electrical Aircraft", Journal of Aerospace and Engineering, Vol. 227, No. 4, 2013, pp. 578-585. DOI: 10.1177/0954410012468538
- Wang, B., Guo, X. X., Zhang, C. C., Xiong, Z. and Zhang, J., "Modeling and Control of an Integrated Electric Parking Brake System", Journal of Franklin Institute, Vol. 352, Issue 2, 2014, pp. 626-644. DOI: 10.1016/j.jfranklin.2014.09.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2014.09.002
- Prashant, D. K., "Simulation of Asymmetric Landing and Typical Ground Maneuvers for Large Transport Aircraft", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 7, Issue 8, 2003, pp. 611-619. DOI: 10.1016/S1270-9638(03)00066-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S1270-9638(03)00066-X
- Hanke, C. R. and Norwall, D. R., "The Simulation of a Jumbo Jet Transport Aircraft", NASA CR-114494, 1970.
- Barnes, A. G. and Yager, T. J., "Simulation of Aircraft Behaviour and Close to the Ground", NASA TM-87460, 1985.
- Yoon, S., Kim, Y. and Park, S., "Constrained Adaptive Back Stepping Controller Design for Aircraft Landing in Wind Disturbance and Actuator Stuck", International Journal Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2012, pp. 74-89. DOI:10.5139/IJASS.2012.13.1.74 https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2012.13.1.74
- Reinhard, L., "Simulation of the Dynamic Behavior of Aircraft Landing Gear Systems", Technische Universitat Wien, Institute of Mechanics and Mechatronics, URL: http://www.simpack.com/fileadmin/simpack/doc/newsletter/2010/SN-2010-Sept_Aircaft_Landing_Gear.pdf, Sep 2010.
- Ro, K. and Lee, H., "Modeling and Simulation of Aircraft Motion on the Ground", International Journal Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2001, pp. 28-43.
- Zhang, M., Nie, H., Wei, X. H., Qian, X. M. and Zhou, E. Z., "Modeling and Simulation of Aircraft Anti-skid Braking and Steering using Co-simulation Method", The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. 28, Issue 6, 2009, pp. 1471-1486. DOI: 10.1108/03321640910992029 https://doi.org/10.1108/03321640910992029
- Zhang, H. L. and Zhou, Z., "Modeling and Direction-Controlling for Flying-Wing UAV in Ground Motion", Journal of System Simulation, Vol. 20, No. 24, 2008, pp. 6759-6762.
- Yan, B. and Wu, C. F., "Research on Taxi Modeling and Taking-off Control for UAV", IEEE 2014 Seventh International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design, Zhejiang, Dec, 2014, pp. 108-111. DOI: 10.1109/ISCID.2014.34
- Deng, Y. P. and Fan, Y. M., "Design and Simulation of Ground Taxiing System for UAV with Four Wheels", Journal of System Simulation, Vol. 20, No. 21, 2008, pp. 5929-5939.
- Li, B., Jiao, Z. X. and Wang, S. P., "Research on Modeling and Simulation of Aircraft Taxiing Rectification", IEEE Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, Bangkok, Dec 2006, pp. 1-5. DOI: 10.1109/RAMECH.2006.252621
- Wang, Y. and Wang, Y. X., "Lateral Deviation Correction Control for UAV Taxiing", Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Ainica, Vol. 29, No. Sup., 2008, pp. 142-149.
- Tao, Z. L., Nie, H., Wei, X. H., Liu, X. Y. and Yin, Q. Z., "Scheme Design and Simulation Analysis of Aircraft Brake System", Advanced in Aeronautical Science and Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2013, pp. 306-311.
- Leibert, D., "Electric Braking Debuts in Military and Commercial Applications", SAE100 Future Look, Goodrich, URL: https://www.sae.org/aeromag/features/futurelook/09-2005/2-25-8-42.pdf, Sep 2005.
- Lin, H., Wang, Y. L., Zhang, X. and Wu, X., "Design and Implementation of Dual-Redundancy Electric Braking System for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Based on DSP and CPLD", Computer Measurement & Control, Vol. 22, No. 6, 2014, pp. 1929-1931.
- Wei, X. H., Yin, Q. Z., Nie, H., Zhang, M. and Tao, Z. L., "Aircraft Electric Anti-Skid Braking System Based on Fuzzy-PID Controller with Parameter Self-Adjustment Feature", Transactions of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 31, No. 1, 2014, pp. 111-118.
- Stubbs, M. S., Tanner, A. J. and Smith, G. E., "Behavior of Aircraft Antiskid Braking Systems on Dry and Wet Runway Surfaces: A Slip-Velocity-Controlled, Pressure-Bias-Modulated System", NASA Langley Research Center, Virginia, NASA TP-1051, Dec 1979.
- Wang, J. S. and He, C. A., "Determination of Tire-Runway Friction Coefficient", Journal of Northwestern Polytechnical University, Vol. 18, No. 4, 2000, pp. 569-571.
- Cairano, S. D., Tseng, H. E., Bernardini, D. and Bemporad, A., "Vehicle Yaw Stability Control by Coordinated Active Front Steering and Differential Braking in the Tire Sideslip Angles Domain", IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2013, pp. 1236-1248. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2012.2198886 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2012.2198886
- Wei, X. H., Liu, C. L., Liu, X. Y., Nie, H. and Shao, Y. Z., "Improved Model of Landing-Gear Drop Dynamics", Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 51, No. 2, 2014, pp. 695-700. DOI: 10.2514/1.C032551 https://doi.org/10.2514/1.C032551
- Zhang, M., "Research on Some Key Technologies of Aircraft Ground Dynamics", Ph.D. Dissertation, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Nanjing, 2009.
- Wang, J. S., "Nonlinear Control Theory and its Application to Aircraft Antiskid Brake Systems", Ph.D. Dissertation, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an, 2001.
- Pillay, P. and Krishnan, R., "Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis of Permanent-Magnet Motor Drives. I. The Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 25, No. 2, 1989, pp. 274-279. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.25542
- Chang, Z. B. and Tang, B. S., "A Mathematical Modeling Method of Strain Gage Pressure Transducers with Inlet Pipe or Pressure Chamber", Measurement & Control Technology, Vol. 18, No. 11, 1999, pp. 6-8.