- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Impact Angle Control Guidance Synthesis for Evasive Maneuver against Intercept Missile
- Yogaswara, Y.H. (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Hong, Seong-Min (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Tahk, Min-Jea (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Shin, Hyo-Sang (Cranfield University)
- 투고 : 2017.05.12
- 심사 : 2017.09.11
- 발행 : 2017.12.30
This paper proposes a synthesis of new guidance law to generate an evasive maneuver against enemy's missile interception while considering its impact angle, acceleration, and field-of-view constraints. The first component of the synthesis is a new function of repulsive Artificial Potential Field to generate the evasive maneuver as a real-time dynamic obstacle avoidance. The terminal impact angle and terminal acceleration constraints compliance are based on Time-to-Go Polynomial Guidance as the second component. The last component is the Logarithmic Barrier Function to satisfy the field-of-view limitation constraint by compensating the excessive total acceleration command. These three components are synthesized into a new guidance law, which involves three design parameter gains. Parameter study and numerical simulations are delivered to demonstrate the performance of the proposed repulsive function and guidance law. Finally, the guidance law simulations effectively achieve the zero terminal miss distance, while satisfying an evasive maneuver against intercept missile, considering impact angle, acceleration, and field-of-view limitation constraints simultaneously.
- Joint Chiefs of Staff., Joint Publication 3-01: Countering Air and Missile Threats, US Department of Defense, Washington DC, 2012.
- Zarchan, P., Tactical and Strategic Missile Guidance, 6th ed., American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., Reston, Virginia, 2012.
- Ryoo, C. K., Whang, I. H. and Tahk, M. J., "3-D Evasive Maneuver Policy for Anti-Ship Missiles Against Close-In Weapon Systems", AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, Austin, Texas, 2003, pp. 1-7. DOI: 10.2514/6.2003-5653
- Kim, Y. H., Ryoo, C. K. and Tahk, M. J., "Guidance Synthesis for Evasive Maneuver of Anti-Ship Missiles Against Close-in Weapon Systems", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 46, No. 3, Jul. 2010, pp. 1376-1388. DOI: 10.1109/TAES.2010.5545195 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2010.5545195
- Washsberger, C., Lucas, M. and Krstic, A., Limitations of Guns as a Defence against Manoeuvring Air Weapons, DSTO Systems Sciences Laboratory, Edinburgh, South Australia, 2004.
- Jeon, I. S., Lee, J. I. and Tahk, M. J., "Impact-Time-Control Guidance Law for Anti-Ship Missiles", IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 14, No. 2, Mar. 2006, pp. 260-266. DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2005.863655 https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2005.863655
- Shiyu, Z., Rui, Z., Chen, W. and Quanxin, D., "Design of Time-Constrained Guidance Laws via Virtual Leader Approach", Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2010, pp. 103-108. DOI: 10.1016/S1000-9361(09)60193-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(09)60193-X
- Cho, D., Kim, H. J. and Tahk, M. J., "Nonsingular Sliding Mode Guidance for Impact Time Control", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 39, No. 1, 2015, pp. 61-68. DOI: 10.2514/1.G001167
- Saleem, A. and Ratnoo, A., "Lyapunov-Based Guidance Law for Impact Time Control and Simultaneous Arrival Abdul", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 39, No. 1, 2016, pp. 164-172. DOI: 10.2514/1.G001349 https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G001349
- Krogh, B. H., "A Generalized Potential Field Approach to Obstacle Avoidance Control", Robotics Research: The Next Five Years and Beyond, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 1984.
- Khatib, O., "Real-Time Obstacle Avoidance for Manipulators and Mobile Robots", The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, Mar. 1986, pp. 90-98. DOI: 10.1177/027836498600500106 https://doi.org/10.1177/027836498600500106
- Koren, Y. and Borenstein, J., "Potential Field Methods and Their Inherent Limitations for Mobile Robot Navigation", Proceedings of 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 1991, pp. 1398-1404. DOI: 10.1109/ROBOT.1991.131810
- Ge, S. S. and Cui, Y. J., "New Potential Functions for Mobile Robot Path Planning", IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 16, No. 5, 2000, pp. 615-620. DOI: 10.1109/70.880813 https://doi.org/10.1109/70.880813
- Ge, S. and Cui, Y., "Dynamic Motion Planning for Mobile Robots Using Potential Field Method", Autonomous Robots, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2002, pp. 207-222. DOI: 10.1023/A:1020564024509 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020564024509
- Park, D. H., Hoffmann, H., Pastor, P. and Schaal, S., "Movement Reproduction and Obstacle Avoidance with Dynamic Movement Primitives and Potential Fields", Humanoids 2008 - 8th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, 2008, No. 1, pp. 91-98. DOI: 10.1109/ ICHR.2008.4755937 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICHR.2008.4755937
- Qixin, C., Yanwen, H. and Jingliang, Z., "An Evolutionary Artificial Potential Field Algorithm for Dynamic Path Planning of Mobile Robot", 2006 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol. 71, 2006, pp. 3331-3336. DOI: 10.1109/IROS.2006.282508
- Chen, Y. B., Luo, G. C., Mei, Y. S., Yu, J. Q. and Su, X. L., "UAV Path Planning Using Artificial Potential Field Method Updated by Optimal Control Theory", International Journal of Systems Science, Vol. 47, No. 6, Apr. 2016, pp. 1407-1420. DOI: 10.1080/00207721.2014.929191 https://doi.org/10.1080/00207721.2014.929191
- Ryoo, C. K., Cho, H. and Tahk, M. J., "Optimal Guidance Laws with Terminal Impact Angle Constraint", Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics, Vol. 28, No. 4, 2005, pp. 724-732. DOI: 10.2514/1.8392 https://doi.org/10.2514/1.8392
- Ratnoo, A. and Ghose, D., "Impact Angle Constrained Interception of Stationary Targets", Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics, Vol. 31, No. 6, 2008, pp. 1816-1821. DOI: 10.2514/1.37864
- Kim, M. and Kim, Y., "Lyapunov-Based Pursuit Guidance Law with Impact Angle Constraint", 19th World Congress The International Federation of Automatic Control, Cape Town, South Africa, 2014, pp. 2509-2514. DOI: 10.3182/20140824-6-ZA-1003.00233
- Kim, H. and Kim, H. J., "Missile Guidance Law Considering Constraints on Impact Angle and Terminal Angle of Attack", AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Kissimmee, Florida, 2015, pp. 1-16. DOI: 10.2514/6.2015-0861
- Lee, C. H., Kim, T. H., Tahk, M. J. and Whang, I. H., "Polynomial Guidance Laws Considering Terminal Impact Angle and Acceleration Constraints", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 49, No. 1, 2013, pp. 74-92. DOI: 10.1109/TAES.2013.6404092 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2013.6404092
- Sang, D. K. and Tahk, M. J., "Guidance Law Switching Logic Considering the Seeker's Field-of-View Limits", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 223, No. 8, 2009, pp. 1049-1058. DOI: 10.1243/09544100JAERO614
- Zhang, Y., Wang, X. and Wu, H., "Impact Time Control Guidance Law with Field of View Constraint", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 39, 2014, pp. 361-369. DOI: 10.1016/j.cja.2013.04.037 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2014.10.002
- Park, B. G., Kim, T. H. and Tahk, M. J., "Optimal Impact Angle Control Guidance Law Considering the Seeker's Fieldof- View Limits", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 227, No. 8, 2012, pp. 1347-1364. DOI: 10.1177/0954410012452367 https://doi.org/10.1177/0954410012452367
- Wang, X., Zhang, Y. and Wu, H., "Sliding Mode Control Based Impact Angle Control Guidance Considering the Seeker's Field-of-View Constraint", ISA Transactions, Vol. 61, 2015, pp. 49-59. DOI: 10.1016/j.isatra.2015.12.018
- Shukla, U. S. and Mahapatra, P. R., "The Proportional Navigation Dilemma-Pure or True?", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 26, No. 2, Mar. 1990, pp. 382-392. DOI: 10.1109/7.53445 https://doi.org/10.1109/7.53445
- Ball, R. E., The Fundamentals of Aircraft Combat Survivability: Analysis and Design, 2nd ed., American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., Reston, Virginia, 2003.
- Fleeman, E. L., Missile Design and System Engineering, 1st ed., American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., Reston, Virginia, 2012.
- Impact Angle Control Law with Sinusoidal Evasive Maneuver for Survivability Enhancement vol.19, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42405-018-0042-2