- Volume 45 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study of Computing Nodal Thermal Contact Conductance between 3 Dimensional Unmatched Grid Interfaces for Finite Element Thermal Analysis
유한요소 열해석의 3차원 불일치격자경계면의 절점 접촉열교환계수 계산 연구
- Kim, Min Ki (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.06.21
- Accepted : 2017.11.04
- Published : 2017.12.01
This paper describes the algorithm of computing thermal contact conductance between unmatched grid interfaces for finite element thermal analysis. Because grid interfaces should be coincident with adjacent meshes for finite element method, large amount of man hours and huge computations are required to match interfaces between many numbers of complex subdomains. A novel method that distributes feasibly the conductances to interface nodes is proposed. The aims of the method are described, and details of the nodal conductance distribution algorithm with less dependency on meshes are represented. The algorithm can be applied both the flat and curved interfaces in 3 dimensional space, and proposed method can combined with many finite element application including thermal analysis.
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회
- Kim, J. H., Woo, J. M., Cho, J. Y., and Kim, M. K., "Development of a Heat Transfer Analysis Program for Satellite Design," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences Fall Conference, November 2013, pp. 741-744.
- Kim, M. K., Hyun, B. S., Kim, J. H., Woo, J. M., and Cho, J. Y., "Functionalities and Verification of the Satellite Thermal Analysis Solver Based on Finite Element Method," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences Spring Conference, April 2014, pp. 948-951.
- Kim, M. K., "Evaluating Thermal Contact Conductances between Unmatched Grid Interfaces for Finite Element Thermal Analysis," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences Fall Conference, November 2016, pp. 1012-1013.
- Kim, M. K., "A Study of Assembling Radiation Exchange Matrix for Finite Element Thermal Analysis of a Satellite," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences Spring Conference, April 2015, pp. 754-757.
- Kim, M. K., "A Study of Temperature Transform Algorithm of Distinguished Grids between Thermal and Structural Mesh for Satellite Design," Journal of the Korea Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 43, No. 9, 2015, pp. 805-813. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2015.43.9.805
- Sutherland, I. and Hodgman, G. W., "Reentrant Polygon Clipping," Communication of ACM, Vol. 17, 1974, pp.32-42. https://doi.org/10.1145/360767.360802
- Daniel H. Greene. "The decomposition of polygons into convex parts." In Franco P. Preparata, editor, Computational Geometry, volume 1 of Adv. Comput. Res., JAI Press, Greenwich, Conn., 1983, pp.235-259.
- Quick Reference Manual, NX Nastran 11, SIEMENS.
- Introduction to ANSYS Mechanical, ANSYS 16.0. ANSYS Inc.
- Abaqus Analysis User's Manual, Abaqus 6.12, DS Simulia.