- Volume 17 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Research Networking in Convergence Relations: A Network Analytic Approach to Interdisciplinary Cooperation
연결망 분석을 활용한 인문사회기반 융합연구 구조에 관한 연구: 네트워크 중심성과 중개자 역할을 중심으로
- Received : 2017.08.31
- Accepted : 2017.09.19
- Published : 2017.12.28
Interdisciplinary convergence research is widely seen as a collaborative research between different disciplines, which is often driven by common agenda or problems in pursuit of a particular common objective. Thus, the purpose of interdisciplinary cooperation in convergence research is to bring each discipline's unique perspective together with the academic expertise of researchers in order to share common problems that cannot be solved effectively without research partnership. We present empirical evidence on how interdisciplinary research relationships are formed to facilitate research networking in convergence relations. In particular, we used network analysis to investigate how interdisciplinary linkages and convergence research networks has formed over time. We found that the convergence research networks were implemented by the interdisciplinary convergence research support program as intended. We did find that research field with high indegree and outdegree in a network played critical roles on the dynamics and degree of interdisciplinarity. Finally, we could find evidence that the role of liaison brokers triggered relational dynamics in interdisciplinary research collaboration.
- ACLS(American Council of Learned Societies), Our cultural commonwealth: The report of the American Council of Learned Societies Commission on Cyberinfrastructure for the Humanities and Social Sciences, New York: ACLS, 2006.
- M. C. Roco, W. S. Bainbridge, B. Tonn, and G. Whitesides (des.), Converging Knowledge, technology, and society: Beyond convergence of nano-bio-info-cognitive technologies, New York: Springer, 2013.
- NEH(National Endowment for the Humanities, Office of Digital Humanities), Guidelines for Digital Humanities Implementation Grants( http://www.neh.gov/files/grants/), 2014.
- R. A. Nordmann, Converging Technologies-Shaping the Future of European Societies, Brussels, Belgium: European Commission, 2004.
- EC(European Commission), FP7-Tomorrow's answers start today(7th Framework Programme), European Commission, Community Research. 2006.
- EC(European Commission), HORIZON 2020 in brief, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union. 2016.
- 국가과학기술심의회 운영위원회, 창조경제 실현을 위한 융합기술 발전전략(안), 서울: 미래창조과학부, 2014.
- 미래창조과학부, 인문학과 과학기술이 함께 푼다. 과학기술로만 풀기 어려운 개인.사회문제에 대한 인간중심 연구개발(R&D) 추진-과학기술.인문 융합 연구사업 '16년도 시범사업 본격 추진, 2016.
- 김보림, "과학기술.인문 융합연구 정책동향 및 사례," 한국과학기술연구원 융합연구정책센터, 융합 WeeklyTIP, 제32권, 2016.
- R. A. Hanneman and M. Riddle, Introduction to social network methods, Riverside, CA: University of California, 2005.
- N. Rosenberg, "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840-1910," Journal of Economic History, Vol.23, No.4, pp.414-446, 1963. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022050700109155
- F. Kodama, "Technology fusion and the new R&D," Harvard Business Review, Vol.70, No.4, pp.70-78, 1992.
- J. Pennings and P. Puranam, "Market Convergence and Firm Strategy: New Directions for Theory and Research," ECIS Conference, Eindhoven, Netherlands, 2001.
- N. Corrocher, F. Malerba, and F. Montobbio, "The Emergence of New Technologies in the ICT Field: Main Actors, Geographical Distribution and Knowledge Sources," Economic Quantitative Methods, Vol.37, pp.1-30, 2003.
- A. G. Nystrom and F. Hacklin, "Operator Value-Creation through Technological Convergence: The Case of VoIP," 16th European Regional Conference, International Telecommunications Society, Porto, Portugal, 2005.
- 허정은, 양창훈, "네트워크 분석을 통한 융합연구 구조 분석: 첨단융합기술개발사업을 중심으로," 기술혁신학회지, 제16권, 제4호, pp.883-912, 2013.
- B. S. Tether, "Who Cooperates for innovation, and why: an Empirical analysis," Research Policy, Vol.31, pp.947-967, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(01)00172-X
- R. Amir, "Modelling imperfectly appropriable R&D via spillover," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol.18, No.7, pp.1013-1032, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-7187(00)00071-0
- R. De Bondt, "Spillovers and innovative activities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol.15, No.1, pp.1-28, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-7187(96)01023-5
- J. Hagedoorn and J. Schakenraad, "A comparison of private and subsidized R&D partnerships in the European information technology industry," Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol.31, No.3, pp.373-390, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-5965.1993.tb00470.x
- Z. Griliches, "The search for R&D spillovers," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Vol.94, pp.29-47, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/3440244
- M. L. Katz and J. A. Ordover, "R&D Cooperation and competition," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity: Microeconomics, pp.137-203, 1990.
- Y. Katsoulakos and D. Ulph, "Endogenous spillovers and the performance of research joint ventures," Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol.46, pp.333-354, 1998.
- D. J. Teece, "Profiting from technological innovation: Implication for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Vol.15, No.6, pp.285-305, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-7333(86)90027-2
- D. J. Teece, "Competition, cooperation and innovation: Organizational arrangements for regimes of rapid technological progress," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol.18, pp.1-25, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-2681(92)90050-L
- D. K. Sinha and M. A. Cusumano, "Complementary resources and cooperative research: A model of research joint ventures among competitors," Management Science, Vol.37, No.9, pp.1091-1106, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.37.9.1091
- J. Mata and M. Woerter, "Risky innovation: the impact of internal and external R&D strategies upon the distribution of returns," Research Policy, Vol.42, No.2, pp.495-501, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2012.08.004
- C. Ciborra, "Alliances as learning experiences: Cooperation, competition and change in the high-tech industries," In L. K. Mytelka (ed.), Strategic partnerships and the world economy, London: Pinter, pp.51-77, 1991.
- 정보권, 이학연, "융합 학문으로서의 산업공학: 학술지 인용 네트워크 분석을 활용한 산업공학의 학문적 융합 구조 탐색," 대한산업공학회지, 제42권, 제3호, pp.182-197, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2016.42.3.182
- 김홍영, 정선양, "출연연구기관 융합기술 연구네트워크 구조 분석," 기술혁신학회지, 제18권, 제4호, pp.693-718, 2015.
- 한경주, 정명진, 네트워크분석을 통한 보건의료 융합연구과제의 특성분석 및 융합연구 분야별 주요 키워드 도출, 서울: 한국보건산업진흥원, 2014.
- 이중만, 최민석, "융합기술전문가의 공동연구에 대한 사회적 연결망 분석," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제6호, pp.415-428, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.415
- J. F. Porac, J. B. Wade, H. M. Fischer, J. Brown, A. Kanfer, and G. Bowker, "Human capital heterogeneity, collaborative relationships, and publication patterns in a multidisciplinary scientific alliance: a comparative case study of two scientific teams," Research Policy, Vol.33, No.4, pp.661-678, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2004.01.007
- M. A. Somerville and D. J. Rapport, Transdisciplinarity: recreating integrated knowledge, Oxford, UK: EOLSS Publishers Co. Ltd, 2000.
- S. Rowland, The enquiring university: compliance and contestation in higher education, Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK: The Society for Research into Higher Education/Open University Press, 2006.
- C. H. Yang, H. W. Han, and J. Heo, "A network analysis of interdisciplinary research relationships: the Korean government's R&D grant program," Scientometrics, Vol.83, pp.77-92, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-010-0157-0
- S. A. Kauffman, At home in the universe: The search for the laws of self-organization and complexity, New York: Oxford University Press, 1995.
- L. C. Freedman, "Centrality in social networks: Conceptual clarifications," Social Network, Vol.1, pp.215-239, 1979.
- D. Knoke and J. H. Kuklinski, Network analysis, Beverly Hills, CA: Sage, 1982.
- J. Scott, Social network analysis: A Handbook, London: Sage, 1991.
- R. V. Gould and R. M Fernandez, "Structures of mediation: a formal approach to brokerage in transaction networks," Sociological Methodology, Vol.19, pp.89-126, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/270949
- B. Leadbeater, "The fickle fates of push and pull in the dissemination of mental health programs for children," Canadian Psychology, Vol.51, pp.221-230, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0020486