- Volume 17 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Research Data Management of Science and Technology Research Institutes in Korea
국내 과학기술분야 연구기관의 과학데이터 관리 현황
- Received : 2017.09.08
- Accepted : 2017.10.19
- Published : 2017.12.28
As the recent research environment and research paradigm have become data-driven, Open Science, based on openness and sharing of public research results, has emerged as a global agenda for scientific research. National policies for sharing and re-use of research data from publicly-funded research are in effect globally. Therefore, in Korea, it is urgent to build policies and infrastructure for sharing and re-use of research data. In this paper, we investigate the current status of research data management of science and technology research institutes in Korea. We conducted in-depth interviews with researchers from 22 research institutes belonging to the National Research Council of Science & Technology, and 20 universities in Korea, asking about terms of creation management utilization of research data, willingness to share data, and needs for sharing and re-use of research data. From these interviews, we drew implications for open research data and future directions.
Scientific Data Management;Research Data Management;Open Science;Open Research Data;Data Management Plan
Supported by : 한국과학기술정보연구원(KISTI)
- T. Hey, S. Tansley, and K. Tolle, The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery, Microsoft Research, 2009.
- OECD, "Making Open Science a Reality," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers, No.25, 2015.
- The Royal Society, Science as an open enterprise, The Royal Society Science Policy Centre Report, 2012.
- J. Salmi, Study on Open Science : Impact, Implications and Policy Options, European Commission Report, 2015.
- 신은정, "오픈 사이언스(Open Science)에 관한 OECE 논의 동향과 시사점," STEPI 동향과 이슈, 제22호, 2015.
- J. Holdren, Increasing Access to the Results of Federally Funded Scientific Research, White House OSTP Memorandum, 2013.
- Open Research Data Forum, Concordat on Open Research Data, Open Research Data Forum Report, 2013.
- 김지현, "국외 정부연구비지원기관의 연구데이터 관리정책 분석 - 미국, 영국, 캐나다, 호주를 중심으로," 한국문헌정보학회지, 제47권, 제3호, pp.251-274, 2013.
- 윤종민, "과학데이터의 공유 및 활용 촉진을 위한 법적 과제," 법학연구, 제27권, 제1호, pp.597-625, 2016.
- 심원석, "국가 차원의 연구데이터 관리체계 구축을 위한 로드맵 제안," 한국문헌정보학회지, 제49권, 제4호, pp.355-378, 2015.
- N. Beagrie and J. Houghton, The Value and Impact of the European Bioinformatics Institute, EMBL-EBI Report, 2016.
- N. Beagrie and J. Houghton, The Value and Impact of Data Sharing and Curation, JISC Report, 2014.
- M. Baker, "Is There a Reproducibility Crisis?," Nature, Vol.533, No.7604, pp.452-454, 2006.
- C. Begley and L. Ellis, "Raise standards for preclinical cancer research Clinical trials might be based on findings that cannot be replicated," Nature, Vol.483, No.7391, pp.531-533, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1038/483531a
- L. Freedman, I. Cockburn, and T. Simcoe, "The Economics of Reproducibility in Preclinical Research," PLOS Biology, Vol.13, No.6, 2015.
- Open Science Collaboration, "Estimating the reproducibility of psychological science," Science, Vol.349, No.6251, 2015.
- Economist, "Excel errors and science papers," http://www.economist.com/node/21706466/, 2016.
- C. Tenopir, D. Hughes, and S. Allard, "Research Data Services in Academic Libraries: Data Intensive Roles for the Future?," Journal of eScience Librarianship, Vol.4, No.2, 2015.
- E. Barsky, "Research Data Management Survey : Science and Engineering," UBC Library Report, 2015.
- K. Sheareer and F. Furtado, COAR Survey of Research Data Management: Result, COAR Report, 2017.
- 김문정, 김성희, "과학기술분야 연구자의 연구데이터 공유의 영향요인에 대한 연구," 한국문헌정학회지, 제49권, 제2호, pp.313-334, 2015.
- 김지현, "데이터 관리와 공유에 대한 대학 연구자들의 인식에 관한 연구," 한국문헌정보학회지, 제49권, 제3호, pp.413-436, 2015.
- M. Wilkinson et al., "The FAIR Guiding Principles for scientific data management and stewardship," Scientific Data, Vol.3, 2016.