- Volume 17 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Socio-National Issues Detection Modeling based on Domain Knowledge - Focusing on the Issue of Increase in Domestic Inflow Infectious Diseases
도메인 지식 기반 이슈 탐지 모델링 - 해외 발생 감염병 국내 유입 이슈를 중심으로
- Received : 2017.10.30
- Accepted : 2017.12.13
- Published : 2017.12.28
As the big data technologies advance, there is an increasing interest in systematic methodologies for data-based policy determination especially in the public health area. This study proposes a method to develop an issue detection model through the collaboration with domain experts in order to intelligently detect major socio-national issues on infectious diseases based on data. At first, the factors influencing the 'domestic inflow of foreign infectious diseases' are determined and variables representing the factors are set. Thereafter, by using system dynamics methods, the causal analysis is made to find causal map indicating main influential factors. In this process, an empirical modeling is conducted through collaboration between data analysts and experts in the infectious disease domain. The proposed issue detection approach based on domain knowledges will make it possible to make a decision on policies more efficiently if the detection system is capable of continuos monitoring of the related issues.
Horizon Scanning;Issue Monitoring;Modeling;System Dynamics;Infectious Disease Detection
Supported by : 한국과학기술정보연구원(KISTI)
- 국립재난안전연구원, 복합적 미래예측방법론 분석을 통한 미래재난예측기법 개발, 2013(12).
- UKtransparency and CabinetofficeUK, Open Data White Paper: Unleashing the Potential, 2012.
- 황미녕, 이승우, 최동진, "이슈 탐지(Horizon Scanning) 동향," 주간기술동향, 2016.
- B. G. Kim, S. Trimi, and J. Chung, "Big-Data Applications in the Government Sector," Commun. ACM, Vol.57, No.3, pp.78-85, 2014.
- 보건복지부, 2015 메르스 백서, 2016.
- 이근화, 효율적인 해외 감염병 모니터링 방안, 질병관리본부, 2013.
- C. Bahk, D. Scales, S. Mekaru, J. Brownstein, and C. Freifeld, "Comparing timeliness, content, and disease severity of formal and informal source outbreak reporting," BMC Infectious Diseases, Vol.15, 2015.
- G. Milinovich, R. Magalhaes, and W. Hu, "Role of big data in the early detection of Ebola and other emerging infectious disease," The Lancet Global Health, Vol.3, 2015.
- M. Keller, M. Blench, H. Tolentino, C. Freifeld, K. Mandl, A. Mawudeku, G. Eysenbash, and J. brownstein, "Use of Unstructured Event-Based Reports for Global Infectious Disease Surveillance," Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol.15, No.10, pp.689-695, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3201/eid1505.081114
- C. Bahk, D. Scales, S. Mekaru, J. Brownstein, and C. Freifeld, "Comparing Timeliness, Content, and Disease Severity of Formal and Informal Source Outbreak Reporting," BMC Infectious Diseases, Vol.15, No.135, 2015.
- W. Lipkin, "The changing face of pathogen discovery and surveillance," Nat Rev Microbiol, Vol.11, No.2, 2013.
- N. Collier, S. Doan, A. Kawazoe, R. Goodwin, M. Conway, Y. Tateno, Q. Ngo, D. Dien, A. Kawtrakul, K. Takeuchi, M. Shigematsu, and K. Taniguchi, "BioCaster: detecting public health rumors with a Web-based text mining system," Bioinformatics, Vol.15, No.24, 2008.
- W. Sutherland and H. Woodroof, "The need for environmental horizon scanning," Trends Ecol. Evol., Vol.24, No.10, pp.523-527, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tree.2009.04.008
- J. Ramos, "Anticipatory Governance : Traditions and Trajectories for Strategic Design," J. Futur. Stud., Vol.19, No.September, pp.35-52, 2014.
- 박병원, "전략적 불확실성의 대응: 싱가포르 정부의 미래전략 수립 벤치마킹," Future Horizon, Vol.25, pp.28-31, 2015.
- Horizon Scanning Programme Team, http://www.gov.uk/government/groups/horizon-scanning-programme-team
- B. Butland, S. Jebb, P. Kopelman, K. McPherson, S. Thomas, J. Mardell, and V. Parry, Foresight. Tackling obesities: future choices. Project report, Government Office for Science, 2007.
- K. McPherson, T. Marsh, M. Brown, Tackling obesities: future choices: Modelling future trends in obesity and the impact on health, Department of Innovation, Universities and Skills, 2007.
- Y. Low, K. Koh, S. Choo, C. Leng, L. James, L. Oh, and R. Wong, "Risk assessment and horizontal scanning scenario builder: developing a systematic approach to assess risk of importation of avian influenza(H5N1)," Epidemiological News Bulletin, Vol.35, No.1, pp.15-18, 2009.
- M. Hwang, S. Lee, and H. Oh, "Building Issue-Data Maps to Support the Resolution of Socio-National Issues: Focusing on the Issue of increase in domestic inflow of foreign infectious diseases," Knowledge and Smart Technology, pp.343-346, 2017.