- Volume 17 Issue 12
Financial service commission notified that fingerprint information of their documents should be deleted till 2019 to the financial industry and the public institution. Business solutions for fingerprint detection and masking in document images are introduced. In this paper, a fingerprint information masking algorithm is proposed by using the multiple LBP features to extract fingerprint's intrinsic characteristics for artificial neural network decision whether the candidate is a true fingerprint or not after segmentation of versatile fingerprint candidates from a document image. The experimental results of the proposed fingerprint masking algorithm for 3,497 document images that are saved in a financial industry show that 96.4% of fingerprint information is masked, hence this fingerprint masking algorithm can be used efficiently in real fingerprint masking tasks.
- P. Viola and M. Jones, "Rubust Real-Time Face Detection," International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol.57, No.2, pp.137-154, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000013087.49260.fb
- T. Ojala and M. Pietikainen, "Multiresolution Gray-Scale and Rotation Invariant Texture Classification with Local Binary Patterns," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligent, Vol.24, No.7, pp.971-987, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2002.1017623
- V. Papavassiliou, T. Stafylaskis, V. katsouros, and G. Carayannis, "Handwritten Document Image Segmentation into Text Lines and Words," Pattern Recognition, Vol.43, pp.369-377, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2009.05.007
- R. Londhe and V. Pawar, "Analysis of Facial Expression Using LBP and Artificial Neural Network," International Journal of Computer Application, Vol.44, No.21, pp.44-49, 2012.
- O. Nikisins and M. Grreitans, "Local Binary Patterns and Neural Network Based Technique for Robust Face Detection and Localization," International Conf. of BIOSIG, pp.1-6, 2012.
- G. Panchal, A. Ganatra, P. Shan, and D. Panchal, "Determination of Over-learning and Over-fitting Problem in Backpropagation Neural Network," International Journal of Soft Computing, Vol.2, No.2, pp.40-51, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5121/ijsc.2011.2204
- N. Nikolaos and V. Dimitrios, "A Binarization Algorithm for Historical Manuscripts," 12th WSEAS International Conf. on Communication, Heraklion, Greece, pp.41-51, 2008.