- Volume 17 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Predictors for Standard Precautions Compliance in Healthcare-Associated Infection Control among Nursing students
간호대학생의 감염관리 표준주의 수행에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Received : 2017.09.13
- Accepted : 2017.11.21
- Published : 2017.12.28
The purposes of this study were to investigate knowledge, attitude, subjective norms, perceived behavior control, behavioral intention, and compliance of standard precautions (SPs) in healthcare-associated infection (HAI) control among nursing students and to identify influencing factors for SPs compliance in HAI control. A descriptive correlation study was conducted. Participants were 223 nursing students recruited from three universities in a metropolitan city. Data were collected by self-administered questionnaires. On average, 87.0% of the knowledge questions were answered correctly. The mean SPs compliance score was 4.30 out of 5. There was no significant correlation between SPs knowledge and compliance. There were statistically significant correlation between SPs compliance and attitude, subjective norms, perceived behavior control and behavior intention. Perceived behavior control and behavior intention were significant predictors for SPs compliance among nursing students and these two variables explained 21.9% variance of SPs compliance among nursing students. Although, nursing students' SPs knowledge and compliance were acceptable level, their perceived behavior control was relatively low. SPs compliance among nursing students can be enhanced by increasing their behavior intention and perceived behavioral control. Education program for SPs in HAI control for nursing students which is designed with appropriated educational strategies is need to be developed and evaluated to enhance their capacity to deal effective and safe clinical practice.
- 대한병원감염관리학회, 의료기관의 감염관리, 한미의학, 2011.
- http://cdc.go.kr/CDC/mobile/CdcKrContentView .jsp?cid=14706&menuIds=HOME001-MNU1132- MNU1138-MNU0112
- 대한감염관리간호사회, 감염관리학, 현문사, 2012.
- http://www.mohw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0301v w.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&C ONT_SEQ=331514&page=1
- https://www.osha.gov/dsg/hospitals/documents /1.2_Factbook_508.pdf
- http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dhqp/pdf/isolation20 07.pdf
- 정미현, "간호대학생의 혈액 및 체액 노출실태, 감염예방 표준주의 지식, 인지도 및 수행도," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제4호, pp.316-329, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.04.316
- 김상숙, 신기수, 김지영, "학년에 따른 간호학생의 찔림사고 현황조사 및 관련요인," 기초간호자연과학회지, 제13권, 제2호, pp.174-178, 2011.
- 김희정, 김남초, "간호대학생의 임상실습중 혈액 및 체액 노출현황과 영향요인-감염관리 지식 및 수행도 중심으로-," 한국학교․지역보건교육 학회지, 제15권, 제3호, pp.17-30, 2014.
- O. M. Al-Rawajfah and A. Tubaishat, "Nursing students' knowledge and practices of standard precautions: A Jordanian web-based survey," Nurse Education Today, Vol.35, pp.1175-1180, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2015.05.011
- K. M. Kim and H. J. Oh, "Clinical experiences as related to standard Precautions compliance among nursing students: A focus group interview based on the theory of planned behavior," Asian Nursing Research, Vol.9, pp.109-114, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anr.2015.01.002
- 한국간호교육평가원, 2017년도 상반기 간호교육인증평가 대학용 편람, 2017.
- L. J. Labrague, R. A. Rosales, and M. M Tizon, "Knowledge of and compliance with standard precautions among students nurses," International Journal of Advanced Nursing Studies, Vol.1, No.2, pp.84-97, 2012.
- L. G. Balami, S. Ismail, S. M. Saliluddin, and S. H. Garba, "Role of knowledge and attitude in determining standard precaution practices among nursing students," International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health, Vol.4, No.2, pp.560-564, 2017. https://doi.org/10.18203/2394-6040.ijcmph20170291
- K. C. Cheung, C. K. Chan, M. Y. Chang, P. H. Chu, W. F. Fung, K. C. Kwan, N. Y. Lau, W. K. Li, and H. M. Mak, "Predictors for compliance of standard precautions among nursing students," American Journal of Infection Control, Vol.43, pp.729-734, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2015.03.007
- 오자영, 문지연, 오혜경, "간호대학생의 의료관련 감염관리 표준주의지침 수행에 미치는 영향요인," 보건정보통계학회지, 제41권, 제3호, pp.270-277, 2016.
- C. J. Wu, G. Gardner, and A. M. Chang, "Nursing students'' knowledge and practice of infection control precautions: An educational intervention," Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol.65, No.10, pp.2142-2149, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2009.05079.x
- P. Xiong, J. Zhang, X. Wang, T. L. Wu, and B. J. Hall, "Effects of a mixed education intervention program on increasing knowledge, attitude, and compliance with standard precautions among nursing students: A randomized controlled trial," American Journal of Infection Control, Vol.45, pp.389-395, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2016.11.006
- I. Ajzen, From intentions to actions: A theory of planned behavior, In J. Kuhl and J. Beckmann(Ed.), Action control: From cognition to behavior, Springer, 1985.
- I. Ajzen, Attitudes, personality, and behavior, Open University Press, 2005.
- 김선미, 계획된 행위 이론(TPB)을 적용한 임상 간호사의 병원 감염관리 수행에 관한 분석, 충남대학교, 석사학위논문, 2003.
- 최은주, 이제숙, 김순덕, "계획된 행위이론을 적용한 수술실 간호사의 감염통제 수행행위의 예측," 병원감염관리, 제12권, 제2호, pp.91-102, 2007.
- 김지미, 이선혜, "계획된 행위이론을 적용한 간호대생의 병원감염관리수행," 한국간호교육학회지, 제18권, 제2호, pp.229-238, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.229
- D. J. Ward, "The application of the theory of planned behaviour to infection control research with nursing and midwifery students," Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol.22, pp.296-298, 2012.
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, and A. Bunchner, "G* power (19)(20)3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences," Behavior Research Methods, Vol.39, pp.175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- 서영희, 오희영, "병원간호사의 감염예방 표준주의지침 지식, 인식, 안전환경 및 수행도에 관한 연구," 임상간호연구, 제10권, 제1호, pp.61-70, 2010.
- 홍선영, 권영숙, 박희옥, "간호대학생의 병원감염 관리 표준주의에 대한 인지도와 수행도," 한국간호교육학회지, 제18권, 제2호, pp.293-302, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.293
- D. R. Smith and P. A. Leggat, "Needlestick and sharps injuries among nursing students," Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol.51, No.5, pp.449-455, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2005.03526.x
- K. Cheung, S. S. Y. Ching, K. K. P. Chang, and S. Ching, "Prevalence of and risk factors for needlestick and sharps injuries among nursing students in Hong Kong", American Journal of Infection Control, Vol.40, pp.997-1001, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2012.01.023
- S. M. Al-Momani, M. Hdaib, and Y. W. Najjar, "Sustained reduction in needlestick and sharp injuries among nursing students: An initiative educational program," Educational Research, Vol.4, No.9, pp.654-658, 2013.
- 박순미, 정인숙, 전성숙, "간호사를 대상으로 한주사바늘자상 예방프로그램의 효과," 병원감염관리, Vol.18, No.1, pp.15-25, 2013.
- A. Seham and E. H. Abd, "Prevention of needle stick and sharp injuries during clinical training among undergraduate nursing students: Effect of educational program," IORSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science, Vol.4, No.4, pp.19-32, 2015.
- E. J. Carter, D. Mancino, A. J. Hessels, A. M. Kelly, and E. L. Larson, "Reported hours of infection education received positively associated with student nurses' ability to comply with infection prevention practices: Results from a nationwide survey," Nurse Education Today, Vol.53, pp.19-25, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2017.02.021
- F. Brosio, P. Kuhdari, A. Stefanati, N. Sulcaj, S. Lupi, M. Bergamini, and G. Gabutti, "Knowledge and behaviour of nursing students on the prevention of healthcare associated infections," Journal of Preventive Medicine and Hygiene, Vol.58, pp.E99-E104, 2017.
- B. G. Mitchell, R. Say, A. Wells, F. Wilson, L. Cloete, and L. Matheson, "Australian graduating nurses' knowledge, intentions and beliefs on infection prevention and control: A cross-sectional study," BMC Nursing, Vol.13, No.1, p.43, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-014-0043-9
- C. J. Wu, G. Gardner, and A. M. Chang, "Taiwanese nursing students' knowledge, application and confidence with standard and additional precautions in infection control," Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol.18, No.8, pp.1105-1112, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2008.02309.x
- 최종림, 고일선, 임영이, "간호학생의 의료관련감염예방 수행도에 영향을 미치는 요인," 기본간호학회지, 제23권, 제2호, pp.136-148, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.2.136
- S. S. S. Nematian, C. J. Palenik, S. K. Mirmasoudi, N. Hatam, and M. Askarian, "Comparing knowledge and self-reported hand hygiene practices with direct observation among Iranian hospital nurses," American Journal of Infection Control, Vol.45, No.6, pp.e65-e67, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2016.09.013