- Volume 33 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Maxillar implant-retained overdenture using CAD/CAM milled zirconia bar with PEKK sleeve: a case report
상악 무치악 환자에서 가공 지르코니아 바와 PEKK 슬리브를 이용한 임플란트 피개의치 증례
- Ju, Jin-Seok (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Cho, Jin-Hyun (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Cheong-Hee (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2017.09.07
- Accepted : 2017.09.22
- Published : 2017.12.30
The object of this case report is to introduce milled zirconia bar and PEKK female part made by CAD/CAM technology for bar attachment implant supported overdenture in maxillary edentulous patients. For over 2 years, in terms of function and esthetics, satisfactory result was obtained. Esthetically and functionally satisfactory results were obtained in periodic follow up check.
- Zitzmann NU, Marinello CP. Treatment plan for restoring the edentulous maxilla with implantsupported restorations: removable overdenture versus fixed partial denture design. J Prosthet Dent 1999;82:188-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(99)70155-1
- Zembic A, Wismeijer D. Patient-reported outcomes of maxillary implant-supported overdentures compared with conventional dentures. Clin Oral Implants Res 2014;25:441-50.
- Sanna A, Nuytens P, Naert I, Quirynen M. Successful outcome of splinted implants supporting a 'planned' maxillary overdenture: a retrospective evaluation and comparison with fixed full dental restoration. Clin Oral Implants Res 2009;20:406-13. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2008.01664.x
- Sadowsky SJ, Zitzmann NU. Protocols for the maxillary implant overdenture: a systematic review. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2016;31 Suppl:s182-91.
- Kim HY, Lee JY, Shin SW, Bryant SR. Attachment systems for mandibular implant overdentures: a systematic review. J Adv Prosthodont 2012;4:197-203. https://doi.org/10.4047/jap.2012.4.4.197
- Stoumpis C, Kohal RJ. To splint or not to splint oral implants in the implant-supported overdenture therapy? A systematic literature review. J Oral Rehabil 2011;38:857-69. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2011.02220.x
- Murray MD, Darvell BW. The evolution of the complete denture base. Theories of complete denture retention - a review. Part 1. Aust Dent J 1993;38:216-9. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.1993.tb03067.x
- Petropoulos VC, Smith W, Kousvelari E. Comparison of retention and release periods for implant overdenture attachments. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1997;12:176-85.
- Sadowsky SJ. Treatment considerations for maxillary implant overdentures: a systematic review. J Prosthet Dent 2007;97:340-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(07)60022-5
- van Kampen F, Cune M ,van der Bilt A, Bosman F. Retention and postinsertion maintenance of barclip, ball and magnet attachments in mandibular implant overdenture treatment: an in vivo comparison after 3 months of function. Clin Oral Implants Res 2003;14:720-6. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.0905-7161.2003.00961.x
- Mericske-Stern RD, Taylor TD, Belser U. Management of the edentulous patient. Clin Oral Implants Res 2000;11:108-25. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0501.2000.011S1108.x
- Katsoulis J, Mericske-Stern R, Yates DM, Izutani N, Enkling N, Blatz MB. In vitro precision of fit of computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing titanium and zirconium dioxide bars. Dent Mater 2013;29:945-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2013.07.004
- Najeeb S, Zafar MS, Khurshid Z, Siddiqui F. Applications of polyetheretherketone (PEEK) in oral implantology and prosthodontics. J Prosthodont Res 2016;60:12-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpor.2015.10.001
- Park C, Jun DJ, Park SW, Lim HP. Use of polyaryletherketone (PAEK) based polymer for implantsupported telescopic overdenture: a case report. J Adv Prosthodont 2017;9:74-6. https://doi.org/10.4047/jap.2017.9.1.74
- Passia N, Ghazal M, Kern M. Long-term retention behaviour of resin matrix attachment systems for overdentures. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 2016;57:88-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmbbm.2015.11.038