- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Technological Development Trends for Underground Safety in Urban Construction
도심지 공사시 지하안전 확보를 위한 기술개발 동향
- Received : 2017.11.30
- Accepted : 2017.12.26
- Published : 2017.12.31
Amid increasingly saturated ground space, development of underground space has been booming throughout the world and excavation has been underway near the structure above or under the ground level. But the ground subsidence caused by improper or poor construction technologies, underground water leakage, sudden changes of stratum and the problem with earth retaining system component has been emerged as hot social issue. To deal with such problems nationwide, establishment of preventive and proactive disaster management and rapid restoration system has been pushed now. In this study, collection of the data on technology development trend to secure the underground safety was made, taking into account of internal change elements (changing groundwater level, damage to underground utilities, etc) and external change elements (vehicle load, earthquake and ground excavation, etc) during excavation. Amid the growing need of ground behavior analysis, ground subsidence evaluation technology, safe excavation to prevent ground subsidence and reinforcement technology, improvement of rapid restoration technology in preparation for ground subsidence and development of independent capability, this study is intended to introduce the technology development in a bid to prevent the ground subsidence during excavation. It's categorized into prediction/evaluation technology, complex detect technology, waterproof reinforcement technology, rapid restoration technology and excavation technology which, in part, has been in process now.
Ground subsidence;Excavation in urban area;Complex detect system;Waterproof reinforcement;Rapid restoration
Grant : 지반함몰 발생 및 피해저감을 위한 지반 안정성 평가 및 굴착.보강 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Construction safety information system of Ministry of Land Transportation (http://www.cosmis.or.kr)
- Gyeonggi Research Institute, 2014, Cause of sinkhole and countermeasure.
- KAIA, 2015(a), Development plan of instrumentation/evaluation/ management Technology of the groundwater and the ground structure effects, final report (R&D Report), 282p.
- KAIA, 2015(b), Development plan of safe ground excavation technology, final report (R&D Report), 255p.
- Kim, W.S., Y. Baek., J.H. Jung, J.H. Lee, D.M. Kim and O.I. Kwon, 2017, Development of the measures and technology to prevent ground subsidence in Korea, YSRM 2017&NDRMGE 2017-Challenges and innovations in rock mechanics and engineering, 189p.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology, 2016, in-house evaluation report of Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, 272p.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2014, Diagnosis and Countermeasures of Sinkhole, Policy forum distribution.