- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Stability Analysis of Underground Mine using LIDAR
LIDAR를 활용한 지하광산의 안정성 분석에 관한 연구
- Lee, Seung-Joong ;
- Kim, Byung-Ryeol ;
- Jin, Yeon-Ho ;
- Choi, Sung-Oong (Dept. of Resources Energy System Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2017.12.04
- Accepted : 2017.12.20
- Published : 2017.12.31
This study describes a precise numerical analysis process by adopting the real image of mine openings obtained by LIDAR, which can produce a point cloud data by measuring the target surface numerically. Research area is a section of underground limestone mine which is used hybrid room-and-pillar method for improving the production rate. From the application of LIDAR to this section several results were deduced, that is, the central axis of upper and lower vertical safety pillars is distorted to the direction of NW and the section area of lower vertical safety pillar is
LIDAR;Pillar stability;Numerical analysis;Hybrid room-and-pillar method
Grant : 국내 석회석광 적용 자동차 경량화 광물 원료 등 미래 자 원화 기술 실증화 연구 - 선택적 채광을 위한 발파기술 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- Abellan, A., Jaboyedoff, M., Oppikofer, T. and Vilaplana, J.M., 2009, Detection of millimetric deformation using a terrestrial laser scanner: experiment and application to a rockfall event, Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, Vol. 9, 365-372. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-9-365-2009
- Abellan, A., Oppikofer, T., Jaboyedoff, M., Rosser, N.J., Lim, M. and Lato, M.J., 2014, Terrestrial laser scanning of rock slope instabilities, Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, Vol. 39, No. 1, 80-97. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.3493
- Cai, M., Kaiser, P.K., Uno, H., Tasaka, Y. and Minami, M., 2004, Estimation of rock mass deformation modulus and strength of jointed hard rock masses using the GSI system, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., Vol. 41, 3-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(03)00025-X
- Cai, M., Kaiser, P.K., Tasaka, Y. and Minami, M., 2007, Determination of residual strength parameters of jointed rock masses using GSI system, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., Vol. 44, 247-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2006.07.005
- Esterhuizen, G.S., Dolinar, D.R. and Ellenberger, J.L., 2008, Pillar strength and design methodology for stone mines, Proc. 27th Int. Congr. on Ground Control in Min., Morgantown, 241-253.
- Geogeny Consultants Group INC., 2014, Stability analysis of Daesung MDI Donghae Mine, Daesung Mining Development INC., 38-41.
- Greenwald, H.P., Howarth, H.C. and Hartman, I., 1939, Experiments on strength of small pillars of coal in the Pittsburgh bed, U.S Bur. Mines Tech. Paper, No. 605.
- Holland, C.T. and Gaddy, F.L., 1964, The strength of coal mine pillar, Proc. 6th U.S. Symp. rock mech., Eds. Spokes, E.M. and Christiansen, C.R., Rolla, 450-466.
- Kasperski, J., Delacourt, C., Allemand, P., Potherat, P., Jaud, M. and Varrel, E., 2010, Application of a Terrestrial Laser Scanner (TLS) to the study of the Séchilienne landslide (Isère France), Remote Sensing, Vol. 2, No. 12, 2785-2802. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs122785
- Kemeny, J., Turner, K. and Norton, B., 2006, LIDAR for rock mass characterization: hardware, software, accuracy and best-practices, Proc. of the workshop on Laser and Photogrammetric Methods for Rock Face Characterization, Golden, 49-62.
- Kim, C. and Kemeny, J., 2009, Measurement of joint roughness in large-scale rock fracture using LIDAR, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 19, No. 1, 52-63.
- Kim, Y.B., Chung, S.K., Jo, S.H., Kim, C.O. and Um, W.W., Hybrid room-and-pillar mining method, Patent No. 1015657890000, 2015.10.
- Lee, J.C., Moon, D.Y., Kim, N.S. and Seo, D.J., 2006, Calculation of over cutting volume on tunnel using 3D laser scanner, Proc. the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 4608-4611.
- Lee, S. and Jeon, S., 2016, A study on the extraction of slope surface orientation using LIDAR with respect to triangulation method and sampling on the point cloud, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 26, No. 1, 46-58. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.1.046
- Lee, S.J., Choi, S.O., Lee, S., Jeon, S., Jin, Y.H. and Jung, M.S., 2016, Analysis of blasting overbreak using stereo photogrammetry in an underground mine, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 26, No. 5, 348-362. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.5.348
- Lee, S. and Jeon, S., 2017, A Study on the roughness measurement for joints in rock mass using LIDAR, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 27, No. 1, 58-68. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2017.27.1.058
- Oh, S., 2011, Extraction of rock discontinuity orientation by laser scanning technique, Master's thesis, Seoul National University, Korea, 73-74.
- Oppikofer, T., Jaboyedoff, M., Blikra, L., Derron, M.H. and Metzger, R., 2009, Characterization and monitoring of the Anes rockslide using terrestrial laser scanning, Natural Hazards and Earth System Sci., Vol. 9, No. 1, 1003-1019. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-9-1003-2009
- Park, S.H., Lee, S.G., Lee, B.K. and Kim, C.H., 2015, A study on reliability of joint orientation measurements in rock slope using 3d laser scanner, Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 25, No. 1, 97-106. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2015.25.1.097
- Rosser, N.J., Petley, D.N., Lim, M., Dunning, S.A. and Allison, R.J., 2005, Terrestrial laser scanning for monitoring the process of hard rock coastal cliff erosion, Quarterly J. Eng. Geology and Hydrogeology, Vol. 38, No. 4, 363-375. https://doi.org/10.1144/1470-9236/05-008