- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on Acceptance Attitudes and Expected Effects : Organizations between Korea and Canada
한국과 캐나다 조직간 원격근무 수용태도와 기대효과에 대한 비교 연구
- Park, Kiho (Management of Digital Technology of Administration Dept., College of Social Science, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2017.06.06
- Accepted : 2017.09.21
- Published : 2017.12.31
This research conducted empirical and comparative study following interview concerning the relationship of acceptance attitudes and expected effects of the teleworking between Korean and Canada organizations. Independent variable was acceptance attitude, and the expected effect as dependent variable. Totally, 201 responded questionnaires (Korea : 118, Canada : 83) were analyzed for multiple regression and mean difference between groups. On January 1, 2015, Canada had agreed FTA (free trade agreement) with Korea. Therefore, many organizations can have opportunities for sharing hands in social infrastructures and business area. As a result, the research found out that teleworking can positively improve employee's quality of life, efficiency of works. Moreover, respondents informed us that it may give us national and social cost saving. The BYOD (bring your own device) will be helpful to make employees do more active communication. This comparative research expects that two countries have some insights to cooperate in smart work or teleworking. In addition, several Korean companies can have chances to export IT technologies to Canada market.
Supported by : Hoseo University
- Barkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University, "Next Generation Connectivity Report", HBR, Feb., 2010.
- Bush, W. R., "Telecommuting : The case of research software development", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol. 37, No. 3, 1990, pp. 235-250. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-1625(90)90025-Q
- Cho, N. J., Han, H. S., Park, K. H., and Kwon, S. R., "Change of communication and future economic structures based on the convertgence", Future Research based on the digital convergence(III) series 11-04, KISDI, 2011.
- Cho, S. H., "Teleworking in 2010 and change of working and residual environment", Journal of Informatization Policy, National Information Society Agency, 1997.
- Eaton, S. C., "If you can use them : Flexibility policies, organizational commitment and perceived performance", Industrial Relations, Vol. 42, No. 2, 2003, pp. 145-167.
- Handy, S. L. and Mokhtarian, P. L., "Planning for telecommuting : Measurement and Policy Issues", Journal of the American Planning Association, Vol. 61, No. 1, 1995, pp. 99-111. https://doi.org/10.1080/01944369508975623
- Huws, H., Telework : Towards the Elusive Office, John Wiley and Sons, 1990.
- Jang, D. S., "Exploratory research on the moderating effect of Smart Work environment between cognition and performance of work for SM employee", Korean Society of Computer Information, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2012, pp. 225-230. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2012.17.2.225
- Jung, C. H., "Issues for progressive trend and activation of smart work", JIPS, Vol. 18, No. 2, 2011, pp. 82-89.
- Kang, Y. J., "Recognition of public officers about introducing telework", 2004 Symposium of The Korean association for governance, 2004, pp. 1-23.
- KCC, "Plan for Smart Mobile Office", Korea Communication Commission, Nov. 2010.
- Kim, F. V., "Direction of policies for strong global smart nation through balancing between life and work", ITA Journal, Vol. 134, 2011, pp. 14-19.
- Kwak, I. G., Kim, J. B., and Lee, N. Y., "Expansion of flexible working arrangement and activation of smart work center", JIPS, Vol. 18, No. 2, 2011, pp. 59-72.
- Lee, J. S. and Kim, H. S., "A study on the current situation of smart work and activation issues", Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society., Vol. 13, No. 4, 2010, pp. 75-96.
- Lee, L. T., "The influences of leadership style and market orientation on export performance : an empirical study of small and medium enterprises in Taiwan", Int. J. Technology Management, Vol. 43, No. 4, 2008, pp. 404-424. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJTM.2008.020558
- NIA, "Future of Work-Smart Work", 2012. International conference of smart work, 2012.
- Oh, H. S., "Activation of entertainment in the age of smart work", Korean Entertainment Industry Association, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2011, pp. 1-15.
- Park, J. K., "Case of smart work in Woongjin Holdings", Journal of Internet Information, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2011, pp. 29-33.
- Park, K. H., "Exploring the Difference in Acceptance of Smart Work among Levels", Journal of Information Technology Applications and Management, Vol. 20, No. 4, 2013, pp.1-13.
- Park, K. H. and Kim, Y. J., "Difference in Acceptance Level of Smart Work among Tendencies of Personal Leadership Styles", Journal of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 11, No. 11, 2013, pp. 197-207.
- PwC, http://www.pwc.com/kr/ko/challenges/ smartwork.jhtml?query=smart&live=1, 2012.
- Raghuram, S. and Wisenfeld B., "Work on work conflict and job stress among virtual workers", Human Resource Management, Vol. 43, No. 2-3, 2004, pp. 259-278. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.20019
- Ramsower, R. M., Telecommuting : The Organizational and Behavioral Effects of Working at Home. UMI Research Press, 1985.
- Rane, A. and Argawal, T., "The Future of Workplace", March 2011.
- Rothausen, T. J., "Job satisfaction and the parent workers : The role of flexibility and rewards", Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 44, No. 3, 1994, pp. 317-336. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1994.1021
- Schaefer, P., "Flexible work arrangements : Employer solutions to common problems", http://www.businessknowhow.com/manage/ flex-work.htm, 2005.
- Thomas, L. T. and Ganster, D. C., "Impact of family-supportive work variables on work-family conflict and strain : A control perspective", Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 80, 1995, pp. 6-15. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.80.1.6
- Trading Economics, http://ko.tradingeconomics.com/, 2014.
- van Dyne L., Kossek, E., and Lobel, S., Less need to be there : Cross-level effects of work practices that support work-life flexibility and enhance group processes and group level OCB, Human Relations, Vol. 60, No. 8, 2007, pp. 1123-1154. https://doi.org/10.1177/0018726707081657
- Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommutingm, 2016.