- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Browning efficiency and fruiting body characteristics of Lentinula edodes according to LED light source with sawdust substrate
LED 광원에 따른 표고 톱밥배지 갈변효율 및 자실체 특성
- Park, Hye-Sung (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Lee, Eun-Ji (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Lee, Chan-Jung (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Kong, Won-Sik (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Jang, Myoung-Jun (Department of Plant Resources, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Kwan-Woo (Chungcheongbuk-do Agricultural Research & Extension Servies)
- 박혜성 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 이은지 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 이찬중 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 공원식 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 장명준 (공주대학교 산업과학대 식물자원학과) ;
- 이관우 (충청북도농업기술원 친환경연구과)
- Received : 2017.11.10
- Accepted : 2017.11.28
- Published : 2017.12.31
We measured the antioxidant activities of Oak mushroom (Lentinula edodes) in browned sawdust medium under conditions of varying LED sources and amounts of light. Consequently, exposure to 200Lx blue LED resulted in highly efficient browning; the most efficient browning was shown at 200Lx, regardless of the type of luminous source. We identified that quantities obtained with the blue luminous source increased compared to those in other treatment plots. The DPPH radical scavenging test conducted to examine antioxidant activity revealed that the red luminous source caused high radical scavenging compared to efficient browning. The fruiting body for Nongjin-go, as a treatment plot with the highest scavenging, under a 400Lx red luminous source was
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Bak WC, Park YA, Lee BH, Ka KH. 2010. Characteristics of net shiitake strain "Sanlim No. 7"produced di mon hybridization method. Kor J Mycol. 38:28-28.
- Chang ST, Miles PG. 1989. Mushroom science in edible mushrooms and their cultivation. CRC Press, London. pp. 325.
- Chang YS, Lee HB, Lee SR, Shi ZI. 1990. Studies on the extracts preparation of Korean shiitake mushroom(Lentinus edodes). Korean J Food Sci. 22:828-832.
- Han SR, Kim MJ, Oh TJ. 2015. Antioxdant activities and antimicrobial effects of solvent extracts from Lentinus edodes. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 44:1144-1149. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.8.1144
- Jang MJ, Lee YH, Lee HB, Liu JJ and Ju YC. 2009. Studies on breeding and cultivation characteristics of Lentinula edodes strains for sawdust cultivation. Kor J Mycol. 9:105-109.
- Kang MY, Kim S, Yun HJ, Nam SH. 2004. Antioxidative activity of the extracts from browned oak mushroom(Lentinus edodes) with unmarketable quality. Korean J Food Sco Technol. 36:648-654.
- Kim WS and Jeon C. 2002. Effect of medium composition on yield and qualities of fruitbody in sawdust medium cultivation of Lentinus edodes. J Life Sci Nat Res. 24:63-71.
- Kim YH, Park SC, Jhune CS, You CH, Sung JM, Kong WS. 2012. BCR(Brown Color Repressor) gene isolation related to mycelial browning of Lentinus edodes. J Mushrooms. 10: 120-128.
- Koo CD, Kim JS, Cho NS, Min DS. 1999. Effect of water content in oak sawdust on the mycelial growth of Lentinula edodes. J Korean For Soc. 1999:87-88.
- Leatham, G.F. and Kirk, T.K. 1983. Regulation of lignolytic activity by nutrient nitrogen in White rot basidiomycetes. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 16:65-67. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.1983.tb00260.x
- Oki T., Watanabe H., Ishikawa H. 1981. The biodegradation of lignin by shiitake Lentinus edodes(Berk.) Sing. Mokuzai Gakkaishi 27:696-702.
- Seo DS, Park YW, Koo CD, Lee HY. 2012. C, N components and hyphae amount change according to fruiting body develop stage in Lentinula edodes sawdust culture medium. J Korean For Soc. 2012:509-511.
- Siddhuraju P, Mohan PS, Becker K. 2002. Studies on the antioxidant activity of Indian Laburnum(Cassia fistula L.): a preliminary assessment of crude extracts from stem bark, leaves, flowers, and fruit pulp. Food Chem. 79:61-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00179-6
- Qi Y. Zhao X, Lim YI, Park KY. 2013. Antioxidant and anticancer effects of edible and medicinal mushrooms. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 42:655-662. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.5.655
- Tokimoto K., and Komatsu M. 1982. Influence of temperature on mycelium growth and primordium for Lentinus edodes. Trans Mycol Soc Japan. 23:385-390.
- Wang SY, Chang HN, Lin KT, Lo CP, Yang NS, Shyur LF. 2003. Antioxidant properties and phytochemical characteristics of extracts from Lactuca indica. J Agric Food Chem. 26:1506-1512.