- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characterization of the morphology and antioxidant content of shiitake cultivated in smart farm system
스마트 팜 시스템으로 재배된 표고의 외형평가 및 항산화능 활성
- Cho, Jae-Han (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Yeob, So-Jin (Dept. of Agricultural Environment) ;
- Han, Jae-Gu (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Lee, Kang-Hyo (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA) ;
- Park, Hye-Sung (Mushroom Research Division, NIHHS, RDA)
- 조재한 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 엽소진 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 한재구 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 이강효 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과) ;
- 박혜성 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 인삼특작부 버섯과)
- Received : 2017.12.05
- Accepted : 2017.12.19
- Published : 2017.12.31
In this study, the morphology and antioxidant content of shiitake mushrooms (Lentinula edodes) cultivated in smart farms and general farms have been compared. With regard to morphology, mushrooms produced in the smart farm system exhibited a slightly thicker and wider pileus and thicker and longer stipe than those in the general farm system. The stipe in the mushrooms from moderate-sized farms was harder, because the low relative humidity of cultivation rooms could induce mushroom tissue to harden. With regard to the antioxidant content, the free radical scavenging activity was evaluated by the DPPH assay. Among the various treatments, hot water extracts of freeze-dried shiitake produced from smart farms exhibited the highest DPPH value of 37.8%. In contrast, the lowest activity of 12.2% was observed in a 70% fermented alcohol extract of shiitake that was dried by hot air. The polyphenol content was higher in hot water extracts than in 70% fermented alcohol extracts. Additionally, the polyphenol content was higher in the freeze-dried samples than in hot-air dried ones. The smart-farm system was preferred over the general cropping system for cultivating shiitake mushrooms, because the antioxidant activity and polyphenol content of mushrooms from the smart-farm system was better; the functionality of this system was more improved than that of the general cropping system, and it enables mushrooms to be cultivated more efficiently. The antioxidant content is represented as the
DPPH radical-scavenging activity;Shiitake;Smart-farm
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature. 181:1191-1200.
- Duncan DB. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F test. Biometrics. 11: 1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Enman J, Rova U, Berglund Ka. 2007. Quantification of the bioactive compound eritadenine in selected strains of shiitake mushroom(Lentinus edodes). J Agric Food Chem. 55:1177-1180. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf062559+
- Folin O, Denis W. 1912. On phosphotungstic-phosphomolybdic compounds as color reagents. J Biol Chem. 12:239-243.
- Gardner PR, Fridovich I. 1991. Superoxide sensitivity of Escherichiacoli 6-phosphogluconate dehydratase. J Biol Chem. 266:1478-1783.
- Hatvani N. 2001. Antibacterial effect of the culture fluid of Lentinus edodes mycelium grown in submerged liquid culture. Int J Antimicrob Agent. 17:71-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-8579(00)00311-3
- Kim H, You J, Jo Y, Lee Y, Park I, Park J, Jung MA, Kim YS, Kim S. 2013. Inhibitory effects of Lentinus edodes and rice with Lentinus edodes mycelium on diabetes and obesity. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 42:175-181. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.2.175
- Kim MJ, Chu WM, Park EJ. 2012. Antioxidant and antigenotoxic effects of shiitake mushrooms affected by different drying methods. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 41:1041-1048. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.8.1041
- Kim SM, Cho YS, Sung SK. 2001. The antioxidant ability and nitrite scavenging ability of plant extracts. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 33:626-632.
- Stapelfeldt H, Nielsen BR, Skibsted LH. 1997. Effect of heat treatment, water activity and storage temperature on the oxidative stability of whole milk powder. Int Dairy J. 7:331-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-6946(97)00016-2
- Lee GD, Chang HG, Kim HK. 1997. Antioxidative and nitritescavenging activities of edible mushroom. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 29:432-436.
- Li H, Choi YM, Lee JS, Park JS, Yeon KS, Han CS. 2007. Drying and antioxidant characteristics of shiitake(Lentinus edodes) mushroom in conveyer-type far-infrared dryer. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 36:250-254. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.2.250
- Wang SY, Chang HN, Lin KT, Lo CP, Yang NS, Shyur LF. 2003. Antioxidant properties and phytochemical characteristics of extracts from Lactuca indica. J Agric Food Chem. 26:1506-1512.