- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of the Fermentation products of Paecilomyces tenuipes Fermented Using Different Microorganisms
발효 미생물에 따른 누에동충하초 발효산물의 특성
- Jo, You-Young (Sericultural & Apicultural Materials Division, National Institute of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kweon, Hae-Yong (Sericultural & Apicultural Materials Division, National Institute of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Hyun-bok (Sericultural & Apicultural Materials Division, National Institute of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Ji, Sang-Deok (Sericultural & Apicultural Materials Division, National Institute of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 조유영 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 잠사양봉소재과) ;
- 권해용 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 잠사양봉소재과) ;
- 김현복 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 잠사양봉소재과) ;
- 지상덕 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 잠사양봉소재과)
- Received : 2017.09.14
- Accepted : 2017.11.30
- Published : 2017.12.31
In order to develop fermented silkworm "Dongchunghacho" (Paecilomyces tenuipes) with improved absorption and increased effectiveness, we fermented Dongchunghacho using four kinds of microorganisms, viz., lactic acid bacteria, Bacillus subtilis, Natto bacillus, and yeast. A total of 15 samples were fermented using a combination of microbial inoculation culture and conditions to produce fermentation products. The contents of basic components such as sugar, reducing sugar, protein, total polyphenol, and total flavonoid were examined as well as the antioxidant, tyrosinase inhibitory, and thrombolytic activities of the fermented products were analyzed. We observed that reducing sugar and protein contents decreased in most of the fermented products, but the products fermented using yeast exhibited higher sugar content and, thus, higher sweetness. Total polyphenol content and antioxidant activity did not increase in fermented products compared to non-fermented Dongchunghachos, but total flavonoid content and tyrosinase inhibitory and thrombolytic activities increased by fermentation. In particular, total flavonoid content and tyrosinase inhibitory and thrombolytic activities primarily increased in the products fermented using yeast and lactic acid bacteria. However, it was not possible to confirm the increase in these activities in samples fermented by single fermentation using only yeast. Therefore, we propose that it will be possible to develop fermented food from silkworm Dongchunghacho (P. tenuipes) with excellent health benefits through additional study of multiple fermentation conditions using lactic acid bacteria and yeast.
Biological activity;Characteristics;Fermentation;Paecilomyces tenuipes
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Choi BW, Lee BH, Kang KJ, Lee ES, Lee NH. 1998. Screening of the tyrosinase inhibitors from marine algae and medicinal plants. Kor J Pharmacogn. 29: 237-242.
- Folin O, Denis W. 1912. On phosphotungstic-phosphomolybdic compounds as color reagents. J Biol Chem. 12: 239-243.
- Han JS, Yi DH. 2012. Effects of Pine Needles Fermentation Extracts on Antioxidant Activity and Inhibition of Melanin Synthesis. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol. 10: 619-624.
- Haverkate F, Traas DW. 1974. Dose-response curves in the fibrin plate assay Fibrinolytic activity of protease. Thromb Haemost. 32: 356-365. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0038-1647705
- Hong SW, Lim IK, Kim YW, Shin SM, Chung KS. 2013. Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and culture-based analysis of the bacterial community in Cheonggukjang, a korean traditional fermented soybean food from gangwon province. Kor J Food Sci Technol. 45: 515-520. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.4.515
- Jin TY, Lee WG, Lee IS, Wang MH. 2008. Changes of physicochemical, sensory and antioxidant activity characteristics in rice wine, Yakju added with different ratios of Codonopsis lanceolata. Kor J Food Sci Technol. 40: 201-206.
- Jo WS, Nam BH, Oh SJ, Choi YJ, Kang EY, Hong SK, Lee SH, Jeong MH. 2008. Hepatic protective effect and single-dose toxicity study of water extract of cordyceps militaris grown upon protaetia dreujtarsis. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 40: 106-110.
- Jo YY, Kweon HY, Lee KG, Kim HY, Kim KY. 2015. Effect of silkworm varieties on Paecilomyces tenuipes culture. J Seric Entomol. Sci. 53: 87-91.
- Jung, DH, Jang HK. 1991. Food analysis. pp. 176, Jinroyeongu-sa
- Katina K, Liukkonen KH, Kaukovirta-Norja A, Adlercreutz H, Heinonen SM, Lampi AM, Pihlava JM, Poutanen K. 2007. Fermentation-induced changes in the nutritional value of native or germinated rye. J Cereal Sci. 46: 348-355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcs.2007.07.006
- Kim DH, Lim DW, Bai S, Chun SB. 1997. Fermentation Characteristics of whole soybean meju model system inoculated with 4 Bacillus strains. Kor J Food Sci Technol. 29:1006-1015.
- Kim GY, Kim AG, Ham SW, Chin CH. 2010. A clinical study on effects of the fermented cosmetic products on skin. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol. 8: 1-15.
- Kim HJ, Lee TH, Kwon YS, Son MW, Kim CK. 2012. Immunomodulatory activities of ethanol extract of cordyceps militaris in immunocompromised mice. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 41: 494-500. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.4.494
- Kim HS, Choe M. 2005. Hypoglycemic effect of Paecilomyces japonica in NIDDM patients. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 34: 821-824. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.6.821
- Kim SH, Yang JL, Song YS. 1999. Physiological functions of chongkukjang. Food Ind Nutr. 4: 40-46.
- Lee AR, Kang SH, Kim HR, Lee JE, Lee EJ, Kim TW. 2017. Quality charcteristics of distilled spirits by different nurukderived yeast. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 49: 383-389.
- Lee SM, Lee TS. 2000. Effect of roasted rice and defatted soybean on the quality characteristics of Takju during Fermentation. J Nutral Science. 12: 71-79.
- Lee MS, Li SH. 2010. Research on the perception of fermented cosmetics and the satisfaction level of ‘Korean Medicine Herb' cosmetics. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol. 8: 285-292.
- Oh HS, Park YH, Kim JH. 2002. Isoflavone contents, antioxidantive and fibrinolytic activities of some commercial cooking-with-rice soybean. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 34: 498-504.
- Oh SJ, Mo JH. 2011. A Comparative Study on Bioactivity of Dried and Fermented Sa licornia Herbacea Extracts as Cosmetics Materials. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol. 9: 305-312.
- Park KH, Moon EK, Shin YK, Bae MA, Kim JG, KIm YH. 2000. Antitumor activity of Paecilomyces japonica is mediated by apoptotic cell death. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 10: 16-24.
- Park SS, Sung SH, Ryu YB, Cho YU, Choi YU, Park KH, Gal SW. 2008. Growth inhibition of Propionibacterium acnes by mycelial culture broth of Paecilomyces japonica in the mulberry leaf extract. J Mushroom Sci Product. 6: 32-37.
- Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M. 1999. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorization assay. Free Radic Biol Med. 26: 1231-1237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00315-3
- Song YC, Lee SP. 2013. Evaluation in physicochemical properties of soy sauce fortified with soymilk residue (Okara Koji). Korean J Food Preserv. 20: 818-826. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2013.20.6.818
- Yang SA, Im NK, Lee IS. 2007. Effects of metanolic extract from Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge on in vitro antithrombotic and antioxidative activities. Korean J food Technol. 39: 83-87.
- Zhishen J, Mengcheng T, Jianming W. 1999. The determination of flavonoid contents in mulberry and their scavening effects of superoxide radicals. Food Chem. 64: 555-559. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(98)00102-2