- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Paecilomyces tenuipes extract on angiogenesis in prostate cancer cells
눈꽃동충하초 추출물이 전립선 암 세포 내 혈관신생인자 발현에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Young-Jin (Division of Food Bioscience, Konkuk University) ;
- Fan, Meiqi (Division of Food Bioscience, Konkuk University) ;
- Choi, Eun-Ju (Department of Physical Education, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Kim, Eun-kyung (Division of Food Bioscience, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.12.18
- Accepted : 2017.12.22
- Published : 2017.12.31
In this study, the inhibitory effect of Paecilomyces tenuipes extract on PSA and angiogenesis-related factor expression levels were investigated in human prostate cancer cells, LNCaP. P. tenuipes extract significantly inhibited PSA expression in a dose-dependent manner. We also investigated the inhibitory effect of P. tenuipes extract on the expression of angiogenesis-related genes including VEGF, MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2. P. tenuipes extract significantly down-regulated the expression of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in a dose-dependent manner. On the contrary, P. tenuipes increased the expression of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2. Our findings indicate that P. tenuipes exhibits an inhibitory effect on angiogenesis in human prostate cancer cells.
Angiogenesis;LNCaP;Paecilomyces tenuipes;Prostate cancer
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 농림식품기술기획평가원
- Alexopoulos C. J., Mims C. N., Blackwell M. 1996. Introductory Mycology. New York, NY: John Willey & Sons Inc.
- Aroui S, Najlaoui F, Chtourou Y, Meunier AC, Laajimi A, Kenani A, Fetoui H. 2015. Naringin inhibits the invasion and migration of human glioblastoma cell via downregulation of MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression and inactivation of p38 signaling pathway. Tumour Biol 37:3831-3839.
- Cancer Incidence in Korea 2016. National Cancer Control Institute. National Cancer Center of Korea
- Cho SY. 1999. Cultivation and distribution of silkwormdongchunghacho (Paecilomyces japonica). Paper presented at 1st International Symposium on Cordyceps. The Korean Society Sericultural Science and the Korean Society of Life Science, Seoul, Korea. pp.73-82.
- Ferrara N, Davis-Smyth T. 1997. The biology of vascular endothelial growth factor. Endocrine Rev 18:4-25. https://doi.org/10.1210/edrv.18.1.0287
- Gomez DE, Alonso DF, Yoshiji H, Thorgeirsson UP. 1997. Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases: structure, regulation and biological functions. Eur J Cell Biol. 74:111-122.
- Khan, N. and Mukhtar, H. 2010. Cancer and metastasis:prevention and treatment by green tea. Cancer Metast Rev. 29:435-445. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10555-010-9236-1
- Kim EJ, Kim JH. 2015. Fibrinolytic, thrombin inhibitory, antioxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of Pleurotus ferulea. J Mushrooms 13:30-36. https://doi.org/10.14480/JM.2015.13.1.30
- Kim EK, Tang YJ, Choi HR, Choi EJ. 2015. The effect of the mushrooms extract on the PSA expression in prostate cancer cells. J Mushrooms. 3:181-184.
- Peracaula R, Tabares G, Royle L, Harvey DJ, Dwek RA, Rudd PM, de Lorens R. 2003. Altered glycosylation pattern allows the distinction between prostate-specific antigen (PSA) from normal and tumor origins. Glycobiol. 13:457-470. https://doi.org/10.1093/glycob/cwg041
- Roy, R., J. Yang, and M. A. Moses. 2009. Matrix metalloproteinasesas novel biomarkers and potential therapeutic targets in human cancer. J Clin Oncol. 27:5287-5297 https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2009.23.5556
- Shim JY, Lee YS, Lim SS, Shim KH, Hyun JE, Kim SY, Lee EB. 2000. Pharmacological activities of Paecilomyces japonica, A new type Cordyceps sp. Kor J Pharmacogn. 3:163-168.
- Steers WD. 2001. 5alpha-reductase activity in the prostate. Urology 58: 17-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-4295(01)01299-7
- Sternlicht, M. D. and Z. Werb. 2001. How matrix metalloproteinases regulate cell behavior. Annu Rev Cell Devel Biol. 17:463-516. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.cellbio.17.1.463
- Sung JM, Yoo YB and Cha DY. 1998. Mushroom Science. Kyo-Hak Publishing Company. Seoul, Korea. pp.95-106.