- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Polymorphism of inter simple sequence repeat markers in Hypsizygus marmoreus
Inter Simple Sequence Repeat(ISSR) 마커를 활용한 느티만가닥버섯(Hypsizigus marmoreus) 종내 다형성 분석
- Oh, Youn-Lee (Mushroom Science Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Nam, Yun-Geul (Mushroom Science Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Jang, Kab-Yeul (Mushroom Science Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Kong, Won-Sik (Mushroom Science Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Oh, Min ji (Mushroom Science Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Im, Ji-Hoon (Mushroom Science Division, National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, In-Geol (Department of Biotechnology College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Korea University)
- 오연이 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 버섯과) ;
- 남윤걸 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 버섯과) ;
- 장갑열 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 버섯과) ;
- 공원식 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 버섯과) ;
- 오민지 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 버섯과) ;
- 임지훈 (농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 버섯과) ;
- 최인걸 (고려대학교 생명공학과 대학원 생명공학과&BK21플러스)
- Received : 2017.09.04
- Accepted : 2017.11.27
- Published : 2017.12.31
Hypsizygus marmoreus is a mushroom with abundant flavor and medicinal properties. However, its application is limited by problems such as long cultivation period, low biological efficiency, and microbiological contamination; therefore, there is a substantial need for development of new cultivars of this species. In this study, 55 strains of H. marmoreus were subjected to inter simple sequence repeat (ISSR) analysis to identify markers for the selection of mother strains for breeding from the collected germplasm. ISSR 13 and 15 were confirmed as polymorphic markers. The three strains (KMCC03106, KMCC03107, and KMCC03108) with white cap color were found to be genetically closely related upon UPGMA analysis of both ISSR 13 and 15. Based on the PCR analysis results for ISSR 15, the collected germplasm were differentiated into three groups according to the strain collection year. Thus, ISSR 15 could be a marker for determining the phylogeny of cap color and genetic variations according to the strain collection year. These results suggest that ISSR markers can be effective tools for the selection of mother strains for breeding of H. marmoreus.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Ali M. L., Rajewski J. F., Baenziger P. S., Gill K. S., Eskridge K. M., Dweikat I. 2008. Assessment of genetic diversity and relationship among a collection of US sweet sorghum germplsm by SSR markers. Mol Breed. 21:497-509. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11032-007-9149-z
- Alam N., Shim M. J., Lee M. W., Shin P. G., Yoo Y. B., Lee T. S. 2009a. Phylogenetic relationship in different commercial strains of Pleurotus nebrodensis based on ITS sequence and RAPD. Mycobiology. 37:183-188. https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2009.37.3.183
- Alam N., Shim M. J., Lee M. W., Shin P. G., Yoo Y. B., Lee T. S. 2009b. Vegetative growth and phylogenetic relationship of commercially cultivated strains of Pleurotus eryngii based on ITS sequence and RAPD. Mycobiology. 37:258-266. https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2009.37.4.258
- Al-Rawashdeh I. M. 2011. Genetic variability in a medicinal plant Artemisia judaica using random amplified polymorphic DNA(RAPD) markers . Int J Agric Biol. 13:278-282.
- Behera T. K., Gaikward A. B., Singh A. K., Staub J. E. 2008. Relative efficiency of DNA markers (RAPD, ISSR and AFLP) in detecting genetic diversity of bitter gourd (Momordica charantia L.). J Sci Food Agric. 88:733-737. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3145
- Bohn M., Utz H. F., Melchinger A. E. 1999. Genetic similarities among winter wheat cultivars determined on the basis of RFLPs, AFLPs, and SSRs and their use for predicting progeny variance. Crop Sci. 39:228-237. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1999.0011183X003900010035x
- Camacho J. F., Liston A. 2001. Population structure and genetic diversity of Botrychinm pumicola(Ophioglossaceae) based on inter simple sequence repeats (ISSR). Amer J Bot. 88:1065-1070. https://doi.org/10.2307/2657089
- Castle A. J., Horgen P. A., Anderson J. B. 1987. Restriction fragment length polymorphism in the mushrooms Agaricus brunnescens and Agaricus bitorquis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 53:816-822.
- Gonzalez P., Labarere J. 2000. Phylogenetic relationships of Pleurotus species according to the sequence and secondary structure of the mitochondrial small-subunit rRNA V4, V6, and V9 domains. Mycobiology 146:209-221.
- Hu K. L., Chu X. P. 2008. Edible fungi china. 95:891-904.
- Lam S. K. and Ng T. B. 2001. Hypsin, a novel thermostable ribosome-inactivating protein with antifungal and antiproliferative activities from fruiting bodies of the edible mushroom Hypsizigus marmoreus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 285: 1071-1075. https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.2001.5279
- Lim Y. J., Lee C. Y., Park J. E., Kim S. W., Lee H. S., Ro H. S. 2010. Molecular genetic classification of Hypsizigus marmoreus and development of strain-specific DNA marks. Kor J Mycol. 38:34-39. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2010.38.1.034
- Lin K. H., Lai Y. C., Li H. C., Lo S. F., Chen L. F. O., Lo H. F. 2009. Genetic variation and its relationship to root weight in the sweet potato as revealed by RAPD analysis. Sci Hortic. 120: 2-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2008.09.008
- Park H. G., Ko H. G., Kim S. H., Park W. O. 2004. Molecular identification of Asian isolates of medicinal mushroom Hericium erinaceum by phylogenetic analysis of nuclear ITS rDNA. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 14:816-821.
- Patzak J. 2001. Comparison of RAPD, STS, ISSR and AFLP molecular methods used for assessment of genetic diversity in hop (Humulus Iupulus L.). Euphytica. 121:9-18. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1012099123877
- Qiu C., Yan W., Peng L., Deng W., Song B., Li T. 2013. Evaluation of growth characteristics and genetic diversity of commercial and stored lines of Hypsizigus marmoreus. Int J Agaric Biol. 15:479-485.
- Sabou L., Brhada F., Alami I. T., Maltouf A. F. 2010. Genetic diversity of Moroccan Lupinus germplasm investigated using ISSR and AFLP markers. Int J Agric Biol. 12:26-32.
- Sun S., Li Z., Ruan L., Zhang L., Hu K. 2014. A novel breeding strategy for new strains of Hypsizigus marmoreus and Grifola frondasa based on ligninolytic enzymes. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 30:2005-2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11274-014-1624-1
- Wang L., Hu W., Feng Z., Pan Y. 2009. Developemnt of AFLP markers and phylogenetic analaysis in Hypsizigus marmoreus. J Gen Appl Microbial. 55:9-17. https://doi.org/10.2323/jgam.55.9
- Xu J., Kerrigan R. W., Callac P., Horgen P. A., Anderson J. B. 1997. Genetic structure of natural populations of Agaricus bisporus, the commercial button mushroom. J Hered. 88:482-488. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.jhered.a023141
- Zhang Y. F., Molina F. I. 1995. Strain typing of Letinula edodes by random amplified polymorphic DNA assay. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 131:171-20.
- Zietkiewicz E., Kafalskl A., Labuda D. 1994. Genome fingerprinting by simple sequence repeats (SSR) - anchored polymerase chain reaction amplification. Genomics. 20:176-183. https://doi.org/10.1006/geno.1994.1151