- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Short-term Reactive Power Reserve Optimization Based on Trajectory Sensitivity
- Sun, Quancai (Dep. of Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Cheng, Haozhong (Dep. of Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University) ;
- Zhang, Jian (China Electric power Research Institute) ;
- Li, Baiqing (China Electric power Research Institute) ;
- Song, Yue (Dep of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, The University of Hong Kong)
- Received : 2016.04.11
- Accepted : 2016.12.24
- Published : 2017.03.01
An increasing concern is paid to short-term voltage stability with the growth of penetration of induction motor loads. Reactive power reserve(RPR) of power system is critical to improve voltage stability. A definition of short-term voltage stability-related RPR(SVRPR) is proposed. Generators vary their contributions to voltage stability with their location and system condition, etc. Voltage support coefficient based on the second-order trace sensitivity method is proposed to evaluate SVRPR's contribution to short-term voltage stability. The evaluation method can account for the generator's reactive support in transient process and the contingency severity. Then an optimization model to improve short-term voltage stability is built. To deal with multiple contingencies, contingency weight taking into account both its probability and severity is proposed. The optimization problem is solved by primal dual interior point method. Testing on IEEE_39 bus system, it is indicated that the method proposed is effective. Short-term voltage stability is improved significantly by the way of SVRPR optimization. Hence, the approach can be used to prevent the happening of voltage collapse during system's contingency.
- Titare L S, Singh P, Arya L D, et al, "Optimal reactive power rescheduling based on EPSDE algorithm to enhance static voltage stability," International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 63, pp. 588-599, July.2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2014.05.078
- Wu Hao, Guo Ruipeng, et al, "Analysis and computation of effective reactive power reserve of generator," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. PS-135, no. 15, pp. 3-17, Aug.2011.
- F. Capitanescu and T. Van Cutsem. Evaluation of reactive power reserves with respect to contingencies. in Proc. Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control V, Onomichi, Japan, August 2001.
- Mousavi O A, Bozorg M, Ahmadi-Khatir A, et al," Reactive power reserve management: Preventive countermeasure for improving voltage stability margin," in Proceedings of IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, July 2012.
- Choi Y H, Seo S, Kang S, et al, "Justification of Effective Reactive Power Reserves With Respect to a Particular Bus Using Linear Sensitivity," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. PS-26, no.4, pp. 2118-2124, Nov. 2011.
- Seo S, Kang S G, Choi Y H, et al, "Verification of effective reactive power reserve with respect to reactive power load demands in the power system," in Proceedings of IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, July. 2010.
- Leonardi B and Ajjarapu V, "An Approach for Real Time Voltage Stability Margin Control via Reactive Power Reserve Sensitivities[J]. IEEE Trans on Power Systems, 2013, 28(02) : 615-625.
- Arya L D, Singh P and Titare L S, "Anticipatory reactive power reserve maximization using differential evolution," International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. PS-35, no. 1, pp. 66-73, Nov. 2012.
- Pakari H and Khajehzadeh A, "Reactive power reserve maximization using intelligent method," CADEMIE ROYALE DES SCIENCES D OUTREMER BULLETIN DES SEANCES, vol. PS-4, no. 2, pp. 245-253, May.2015.
- Alizadeh Mousavi O and Cherkaoui R, "Maximum voltage stability margin problem with complementtarity constraints for multi-area power systems," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. PS-29, no. 6, pp. 2993-3002, Mar.2014.
- Hwachang S, Byongjun L, Sae-Hyuk K, et al," Reactive reserve-based contingency constrained optimal power flow (RCCOPF) for enhancement of voltage stability margins," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. PS-18, no. 4, pp. 1538-1546, Nov.2003.
- Ma Zhaoxing, Chen Hao and Wan Qiulan, "Analysis on Voltage Instability Considering STATCOM Capacity Constraint," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. PS-33, no. 28, pp. 88-93, Oct. 2013.
- Paramasivam M, Dasgupta S, Ajjarapu V, et al, "Contingency Analysis and Identification of Dynamic Voltage Control Areas," IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. PS-30, no. 6, pp. 2974-2983, Jan.2015.
- Li Yikai and Liu Mingbo," Trajectory sensitivity method for transient stability constrained optimal power flow under multi-contingency condition," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. PS-29, no. 16, pp. 42-48, June.2009.
- Chao Zhu and Liu Mingbo, "Transient stability constrained optimal power flow calculation based on second-order trajectory sensitivity," Power System Technology, vol. PS-35, no. 7, pp. 106-112, July.2011.
- Xue Y, Xu T, Liu B, et al., "Quantitative assessments for transient voltage security," In Proceedings of the 21st 1999 IEEE International Conference PICA'99. July.1999.
- Balbo A R, Souza M A S, Baptista E C, et al, " Predictor-corrector primal-dual interior point method for solving economic dispatch problems: a post optimization analysis," Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, pp. 1-26, Apr.2012.
- Ajjarapu, Venkataramana, ed. Computational techniques for voltage stability assessment and control. Springer, 2007, pp. 241-247.