- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Novel Method of Reducing the Cogging Torque in SPM Machine with Segmented Stator
- Jing, Li-Bing (Hubei Micro-grid Engineering Technology Research Center, China Three Gorges University) ;
- Liu, Lin (College of Electrical Engineering & New Energy, China Three Gorges University) ;
- Qu, Rong-Hai (The State Key Laboratory of Advanced Electromagnetic Engineering & Technology, Huazhong University of Science & Technology) ;
- Gao, Qi-Xing (College of Electrical Engineering & New Energy, China Three Gorges University) ;
- Luo, Zheng-Hao (College of Electrical Engineering & New Energy, China Three Gorges University)
- Received : 2016.07.04
- Accepted : 2016.10.28
- Published : 2017.03.01
The method of stator segmentation is generally taken to enhance the electromagnetic performance of surface-mounted permanent magnet (SPM) machine and reduce its production cost. Based on the model with single slot, the expressions of cogging torque in machine with uniform or non-uniform segmentations are deduced and the optimal combination is given. Moreover, this paper discusses a structured skewing method and put forward a novel stator structure model to reduce the cogging torque in segmented permanent magnet machine. The model can reduce the cogging torque amplitude by shifting a proper angle of slot-opening. The shifting angle formula for analysis can also be suitable for other permanent machine with segmented stator. Finally the results of finite element simulation are given to prove that the method is effective and feasible.
Supported by : China Three Gorges University
- T. Haring, K. Forsman, T. Huhtanen , and M. Zawadzki, "Direct Drive - Opening a New Era in Many Applications," Pulp and Paper Industry Technical Conference, pp. 171-179, 2003.
- D. H. Kang, Y. H. Chun, and H. Weh, "Analysis and optimal design of transverse flux linear motor with PM excitation for railway traction." IEE Proceedings-Electric Power Applications, vol. 150, no. 4, pp. 493-499, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20030191
- M. G. Simoes and P. J. Vieira, "A high-torque lowspeed multiphase brushless machine-a perspective application for electric vehicles," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1154-1164,2002.
- G. H. Feng, L. F. Wang and B. Y, "Zhang. Analysis of magnetic field for low speed and high torque permanent magnet synchronous machine," Sixth International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, ICEMS, pp. 778-781, 2003.
- L. N. Jian, K. T. Chau and J. Z. Jiang, "A magneticgeared outer-rotor permanent-magnet brushless machine for wind power generation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 45, no. 3, pp.954-962, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2018974
- B. C. Polinder and A. G. Mecrow, "Conventional and TFPM Linear Generators for Direct-Drive Wave Energy Conversion," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 260-267, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2005.845522
- Z. Q. Zhu and D. Howe, "Instantaneous magneticfield distribution in brushless permanent-magnet dc motor, part III: Effect of slotting," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 143-151, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.195559
- D. Zarko, D. Ban and T. A. Lipo, "Analytical calculation of magnetic field distribution in the slotted air gap of a surface permanent-magnet motor using complex relative air-gap permeance," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1828-1837, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.874594
- Z. J. Liu and J. T. Li, "Analytical solution of air-gap field in permanent magnet motors taking into account the effect of pole transition over slots," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 43, no. 10, pp.3872-3882, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.903417
- T. Lubin, S. Mezani and A. Rezzoug, "Exact analytical method for magnetic field computation in the air-gap of cylindrical electrical machines considering slotting effects," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1092-1099, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2036257
- P. R. Upadhyay and K. R. Rajagopal, "Genetic algorithm based design optimization of a permanent magnet brushless dc motor," Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 10, pp. 10Q516-10Q516-3,2005. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1860891
- S. L. Ho, N. N. Chen and W. N. Fu, "An optimal design method for the minimization of cogging torques of a permanent magnet motor using FEM and Genetic Algorithm," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 40, no. 3, pp.861-864, 2010.
- A. Mahmoudi, S. Kahourzade and N. A. Rahim, "Design, analysis, and prototyping of an axial-flux permanent magnet motor based on genetic algorithm and finite-element analysis," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 49, no. 4, pp.1479-1492, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2228213
- T. Lubin, S. Mezani and A. Rezzoug, "Analytical computation of the magnetic field distribution in a magnetic gear," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 2611-2621, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2044187
- S. Q. Du, J. Z. Jiang and Y. J. Zhang, "A magnetic gearing," Diangong Jishu Xuebao/Transactions of China Electro technical Society, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 41-46, 2010.
- D. R. Wu, J. C. Li and Li, Q. F, "Design optimization of series electrical machines using genetic algorithms," Journal of Xi'an Jiaotong University, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 14-18, 1999.
- K. Atallah and D. Howe, "A novel high-performance magnetic gear," IEEE Trans. Magn., 2001, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 2844-2846, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.951324
- A New Surrogate-assisted Robust Multi-objective Optimization Algorithm for an Electrical Machine Design pp.2093-7423, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42835-019-00120-1