- Volume 12 Issue 2
Minimum Energy Performance Standard(MEPS) has been adapted in Korea since 2008. The efficiency standard of variable speed motors is scheduled for publication shortly. In this paper, author reviews the technical trends associated with a high efficient electric motors by reference to research papers, and reviews the research direction to prepare for IE5. This paper provides an overview of high efficiency motors. Various applications have been covered.
- Chausovsky, A, "IHS: Motor market update," in Conference proceedings of Motor Summit, 2014.
- IEC website : http://www.iec.ch
- A. de Almeida, F. J. T. E. Ferreira, and J. Fong, "Standards for efficiency of electric motors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 12-19, 2011.
- IEC 60034-2-3:2013, "Rotating electrical machines - Part 2-3: Specific test methods for determining losses and efficiency of converter-fed AC induction motors"
- de Almeida, Anibal T., Fernando JTE Ferreira, and Joao AC Fong. "Standards for Super-Premium Efficiency class for electric motors," IEEE Industrial & Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference, 2009.
- Schirmer, Hans-Georg, and Gerhard Huth. "Lowpower motors in PM line-start technique with surface-mounted magnets," Proceedings of. VDE, 2015.
- Melfi, Michael J., Stephen D. Umans, and Judith E. Atem. "Viability of Highly Efficient Multi-Horsepower Line-Start Permanent-Magnet Motors," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 120-128, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2347239
- Gamba, M., et al. "Line-start synchronous reluctance motors: Design guidelines and testing via active inertia emulation," IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 2015.
- Brown, Geoff. "Developing synchronous reluctance motors for variable speed operation," IET Conference Proceedings of the Institution of Engineering & Technology, 2012.
- Spargo, Christopher M., et al. "Design and Validation of a Synchronous Reluctance Motor With Single Tooth Windings," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 795-805, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2014.2384476
- Castagnini, A., et al. "Efficiency and regulations: PM-assisted synchronous reluctance motors as a sustainable industrial solution," IEEE Workshop on Electrical Machines Design, Control and Diagnosis (WEMDCD), pp. 72-78, 2015.
- Ni, Ronggang, et al. "Efficiency Enhancement of General AC Drive System by Remanufacturing Induction Motor With Interior Permanent-Magnet Rotor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol .63, no. 2, pp. 808-820, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2477478
- WEG, w22 magnet drive system 50020762 brochure
- Z. Wang, Y. Enomoto,, et al. "Development of IE5 High Efficiency Motor with Iron-base Amorphous Magnetic Cores," 9th International Conference on Energy Efficiency in Motor Driven Systems, pp.180-190, 2015.
- Ertugrul, Nesimi, et al. "A Novel Tapered Rotating Electrical Machine Topology Utilizing Cut Amorphous Magnetic Material," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1-6, 2015.
- de Almeida, Anibal T., et al. "Electric motor standards, ecodesign and global market transformation," IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference, 2008.
- "Evaluation of energy conservation measures for wastewater treatment facilities," US Environmental Protection Agency, 2010.
- Emmanuel B. Agamloh, "The Partial-Load Efficiency of Induction Motors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applicatons, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 332-340, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2009718
- Rolf Tieben, Rita Werle, Conrad U. Brunner "EASYLessons learned from four years of the Swiss EASY audit and incentive program," 9th International Conference on Energy Efficiency in Motor Driven Systems, pp. 56-63, 2015.
- Steyn, Fanie. "Motors and drives for improving energy efficiency," IEEE Energy Effciency Convention (SAEEC 2011), 2011.