- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Lifetime Assessment for Oil-Paper Insulation using Thermal and Electrical Multiple Degradation
- Kim, Jeongtae (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Kim, Woobin (Sanil Electric Co., Ltd institute of technology) ;
- Park, Hung-Sok (Power Transmission Laboratory, KEPRI) ;
- Kang, Ji-Won (Power Transmission Laboratory, KEPRI)
- Received : 2016.07.20
- Accepted : 2016.10.24
- Published : 2017.03.01
In this paper, in order to investigate the lifetime of oil-paper insulation, specimens were artificially aged with thermal and electrical multiple stresses. Accelerated ageing factors and equivalent operating years for each aging temperatures were derived from results of tensile strengths for the aged paper specimens. Also, the evaluation for the multi-stress aged specimens were carried out through the measurement of impulse breakdown voltage at high temperature of
- Lukasz Chmura et al, "Use of Dissipation Factor for Life Consumption Assessment and Future Life Modeling of oil-Filled High-Voltage Power Cables," IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 27-37, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1109/MEI.2012.6130529
- Lukasz Chmura et al, "Life cures for new and thermally aged oil-impregnated paper insulation," 2013 Electrical Insulation Conference, pp. 45-48, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2-5 June, 2013
- A. M. Emsley and G. C. Stevens, "Review of Chemical Indicators of Degradation of Cellulosic Electrical Paper Insulation in Oil-Filled transformers," IEE Proc.-Sci. Meas. Technol., vol. 141, no. 5, pp. 324-334, September 1994. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-smt:19949957
- Yukiuasu Shirasaka et al, "Cross-sectional comparison of Insulation Degradation mechanisms and Lifetime Evaluation of Power Transmission Equipment," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 560-573, April 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2009.4815192
- IEC 60076-7, "Loading guide for oil-immersed power transformers," 2009.
- A.M. Emsley, "Degradation of cellulosic insulation in power transformers. Part 3: Effects of oxygen and water on ageing in oil," IEE Proc-Sci Meas. Technol. vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 115-119, November 2000. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-smt:20000021
- Nick Lelkakis, "Ageing Rate of paper insulation used in power transformers, Part 1: Oil/paper system with Low Oxygen concentration," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical insulation, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 1999-2008, December 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2012.6396958
- KS M ISO 1924-2, Paper and board - Determination of tensile properties.
- H. P. Gasser, "Determining the aging parameters of cellulosic insulation in a transformer," IEE, High Voltage Engineering Symposium, no. 467, 4.143-147.P1, 22-27 August 1999.
- Jeongtae Kim, Ji-Sub Yoon and Sang-Won Choi, "Lifetime Assessment Method using Multiple-Stress Acceleration Aging for Flexible Cable of Portable Electric Machines," Journal of Electrical Engineering Technology, vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 1377-1382, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2016.11.5.1377
- Simulation on motion characteristics of space charge in single oil-paper insulation vol.36, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-12-2016-0564
- Effects of Moisture on Furfural Partitioning in Oil-Paper Insulation System and Aging Assessment of Power Transformers pp.1532-5016, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2019.1565135
- Detection of Methanol in Power Transformer Oil Using Spectroscopy vol.14, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s42835-019-00097-x