- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Fuzzy-based Path Planning for Multiple Mobile Robots in Unknown Dynamic Environment
- Zhao, Ran (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Hong-Kyu (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2015.04.14
- Accepted : 2016.11.22
- Published : 2017.03.01
This paper presents a path planning problem for multi-robot system in the environment with dynamic obstacles. In order to guide the robots move along a collision-free path efficiently and reach the goal position quickly, a navigation method based on fuzzy logic controllers has been developed by using proximity sensors. There are two kinds of fuzzy controllers developed in this work, one is used for obstacle avoidance and the other is used for orientation to the target. Both static and dynamic obstacles are included in the environment and the dynamic obstacles are defined with no type of restriction of direction and velocity. Here, the environment is unknown for all the robots and the robots should detect the surrounding information only by the sensors installed on their bodies. The simulation results show that the proposed method has a positive effectiveness for the path planning problem.
- D. Janglova, "Neural Networks in Mobile Robot Motion," International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 15-22, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5772/5630
- K. H. Low, W. K. Leow, Ang, M. H. Jr., "Integrated Planning and Control of Mobile Robot with Selforganizing Neural Network," in Proceedings of ICRA'02. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vo1. 4, pp. 3870-3875, 2002.
- C. E. Thomas, M. A. C. Pacheco, M. M. and B. R. Vellasco, "Mobile Robot Path Planning Using Genetic Algorithms in Foundations and Tools for Neural Modeling," Springer Berlin/ Heidelberg, vol. 1606/1999, pp. 671-679, 1999.
- R. Carelli, C.M. Soria and B. Morales, "Vision-based Tracking Control for Mobile Robots," in Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Advanced Robotics, pp. 148-152, July 2005.
- P. K. Padhy, T. Sasaki, S. Nakamura and H. Hashimoto, "Modeling and Position Control of Mobile Robot," in Proceedings of 11th IEEE international Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 100-105, Mar. 2010.
- D. Q. Khanh, Y. S. Suh, "Mobile Robot Destination Generation by Tracking a Remote Controller Using a Vision-aided Inertial Navigation Algorithm," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 8 No. 3, pp. 613-620, May, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.3.613
- S. H. Park, G. W. Kim, "Expanded Guide Circlebased Obstacle Avoidance for the Remotely Operated Mobile Robot," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 9 No. 3, pp. 1034-1042, Sep, 2014.
- S. S. Ge, Y. J. Cui, "Dynamic motion planning for mobile robots using potential field method," Autonomous Robots, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 207-222, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020564024509
- Van Den Berg J. P., Overmars, M. H., "Roadmapbased motion planning in dynamic environments," Robotics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 885-897, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2005.851378
- C. G. Zhang, Y. G. Xi, "Rolling path planning and safety analysis of mobile robot in dynamic uncertain environment," Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 37-44, 2003.
- Tiago P. Nascimento, A. P. Moreira, A. G. S. Conceicao, A. Bonarini, "Intelligent state changing applied to multi-robot systems," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 61, No. 2, pp. 115-124, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2012.10.011
- X. Y. Zhong, X. G. Zhong, X. F. Peng, "Velocity-Change-Space-based dynamic motion planning for mobile robots navigation," Neurocomputing, Vol. 143, No. 2, pp. 153-163, Nov. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2014.06.010
- D. R. Parhi, S. K. Pradhan, A. K. Panda, R. K. Behera, "The stable and precise motion control for multiple mobile robots," Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 477-487, Mar. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2008.04.017
- "Introduction to Fuzzy Systems," in Proceedings of IEEE Electronic Technology Directions to Year 2000, pp. 94-103, May. 1995.
- Motion and path planning of a novel multi-mode mobile parallel robot based on chessboard-shaped grid division vol.45, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1108/IR-01-2018-0001
- An Overview of Nature-Inspired, Conventional, and Hybrid Methods of Autonomous Vehicle Path Planning vol.2018, pp.2042-3195, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/8269698