- Volume 46 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Jelly Using Fresh Puree of Sansuyu (Corni Fructus)
산수유 퓨레로 제조한 젤리의 품질 특성
- Jeong, Ji-Suk (Gurye Wild Flower Institute) ;
- Park, Su-Jin (Gurye Wild Flower Institute) ;
- Son, Byeong-Gil (Agricultural Extension Team, Gurye-gun Agricultural Center)
- Received : 2016.09.20
- Accepted : 2016.12.14
- Published : 2017.01.31
This study made jelly by adding Sansuyu (Corni Fructus) puree and examined the types and contents of gelling agents as well as the physicochemical characteristics of jelly depending on heating time. Water content of Sansuyu puree was 89.39%, pH was 2.92, sugar content was
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Lees R, Jackson EB. 1990. Sugar confectionery and chocolate manufacture. Leonard Hill Books, Lewiston, NY, USA. p 226.
- Lee TW, Lee YH, Yoo MS, Rhee KS. 1991. Instrumental and sensory characteristics of jelly. Korean J Food Sci Technol 23: 336-340.
- Oh HJ, Back JW, Lee JY, Oh YJ, Lim SB. 2013. Quality characteristics of jelly added with pressed kiwi (Actinidia chinensis var. 'Halla Gold') juice. Korean J Culinary Res 19: 110-120.
- Park BS, Han MR, Kim AJ. 2013. Quality characteristics and processing of jelly using darae extract for children. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 23: 561-568.
- Moon HK, Lee SW, Moon JN, Yoon SJ, Lee S, Kim GY. 2012. Quality characteristics of jelly added with mulberry juice. Korean J Food Cook Sci 28: 797-804. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.6.797
- Kim AJ, Yuh CS, Bang IS, Park HY, Lee GS. 2007. An investigation the preparation and physicochemical properties of Oddi jelly using mulberry fruit powder. Korean J Food Nutr 20: 27-33.
- Jeong JS, Kim ML. 2008. Quality evaluation of citrus jelly prepared using concentrated citrus juice. Korean J Food Cook Sci 24: 174-181.
- Chun HJ. 1995. Influence of carrageenan addition on the rheological properties of omija extract jelly. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 33-36.
- Sim YJ, Park JE, Joo NM, Chun HJ. 1995. Influence of carrageenan and pectin addition on the rheological properties of omija extract jelly. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 443-445.
- Nho HJ, Jang SY, Park JJ, Yun HS, Park S. 2013. Browning prevention of black carrot extract and the quality characteristics of jelly supplemented with black carrot extract. Korean J Food Cult 28: 293-302. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2013.28.3.293
- Choi EJ, Lee JH. 2013. Quality and antioxidant properties of jelly incorporated with purple sweet potato concentrate. Korean J Food Sci Technol 45: 47-52. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.1.47
- Kim AJ, Rho JO. 2011. The quality characteristics of jelly added with black garlic concentrate. J Korean Soc Diet Cult 20: 467-473.
- Kim NY, Jang HK, Yang KH, Lee KJ, Kim MR. 2011. Antioxidant activities and quality characteristics of jelly added Rehmannia Radix Preparata concentrate. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 21: 814-822.
- Kim AJ, Lim HJ, Kang SJ. 2010. Quality characteristics of black ginseng jelly. Korean J Food Nutr 23: 196-202.
- Yamabe N, Kang KS, Goto E, Tanaka T, Yokozawa T. 2007. Beneficial effect of Corni Fructus, a constituent of Hachimijio-gan, on advanced glycation end-product-mediated renal injury in streptozotocin-treated diabetic rats. Biol Pharm Bull 30: 520-526. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.30.520
- Tian G, Zhang T, Yang F, Ito Y. 2000. Separation of gallic acid from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed counter-current chromatography. J Chromatogr A 886: 309-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)00480-5
- Hatano T, Ogawa N, Kira R, Yasuhara T, Okuda T. 1989. Tannins of cornaceous plants. I. Cornusiins A, B and C, dimeric monomeric and trimeric hydrolyzable tannins from Cornus officinalis, and orientation of valoneoyl group in related tannins. Chem Pharm Bull 37: 2083-2090. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.37.2083
- Ko HC. 2010. Quality characteristics of sugar snap-cookie with added Cornus fructus. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 20: 957-962.
- Jeong JS, Kim YJ, Choi BR, Lee JA, Go GB, Son BG, Gang SW, An SH. 2014. Quality characteristics of muffin with added Corni fructus powder. Korean J Food Cook Sci 30: 726-734. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.6.726
- Shin JW, Shin GM. 2008. Quality of white pan bread as affected by various concentrations of Corni fructus powder. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 18: 1007-1013.
- Lee SJ, Kim EH, Lee HG. 2008. Development of rice wines using Cornus officinalis and Scutellaria baicalensis by antioxidant activity tests. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 21-30.
- Park JS, Lee JS. 2011. The promoting effect of Cornus officinalis fermented with Lactobacillus rhamnosus on hair growth. Kor J Pharmacogn 42: 260-264.
- Kang BS, Kim JI, Moon SW. 2012. Quality characteristics of yogurt added with Sansuyu (Corni Fructus) extracts. Korean J Culinary Res 18: 180-190.
- Park SJ, Lee GE, Kim YJ, Jeong JS. 2016. Preparation and quality characterization of low sugar Sansuyu jam using fresh Corni fructus. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 45: 222-229. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.2.222
- Singleton VL, Rossi Jr JA. 1965. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. Am J Enol Vitic 16: 144-158.
- Kim MH, Kim SM, Kim MR. 2010. Quality characteristics and antioxidant activities and of black garlic jam prepared with fructooligosaccharide. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 20: 916-922.
- http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=292375&cid=48180&categoryId=48257 (accessed Sep 2016).
- Kwon SY, Chung CH, Park KB. 2015. Quality characteristics of Yanggaeng containing various amounts of loquat fruits puree. Korean J Culinary Res 21: 75-84.
- Kim A, Kang SW, Heo HJ, Chun JY, Choi SG. 2015. Effect of heat treatment on quality characteristics and antioxidant activity of Korean traditional actinidia (Actinidia arguta) cultivars puree. Korean J Food Preserv 22: 408-420. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2015.22.3.408
- Jin TY, Quan WR, Wang MY. 2010. Manufacturing characteristics and physicochemical component analysis of Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) jelly. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 554-559. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.4.554
- Cho Y, Choi MY. 2009. Quality characteristics of jelly containing added pomegranate powder and Opuntia humifusa powder. Korean J Food Cook Sci 25: 134-142.
- Min JH, Eun JB. 2016. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of persimmon jelly added with different levels of Daebong persimmon puree. Korean J Food Sci Technol 48: 54-58. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2016.48.1.54
- Lee MH, Choi EJ, Oh MS. 2008. Quality characteristics of grape jellies with sugar derivative sweeteners for the elderly. Korean J Food Cult 23: 499-506.
- Labuza TP. 1971. Kinetics of lipid oxidation in foods. Crit Rev Food Technol 2: 335-405.
- Duval B, Shetty K. 2001. The stimulation of phenolics and antioxidant activity in pea (Pisum sativum) elicited by genetically transformed anise root extract. J Food Biochem 25: 361-377. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4514.2001.tb00746.x
- Giacosa A, Filiberti R. 1996. Free radicals, oxidative damage and degenerative diseases. Eur J Cancer Prev 5: 307-312. https://doi.org/10.1097/00008469-199610000-00001
- An BJ, Lee JT, Lee SA, Kwak JH, Park JM, Lee JY, Son JH. 2004. Antioxidant effects and application as natural ingredients of Korean Sanguisorbae officinalis L.. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 47: 244-250.
- Lee JW, Kim IW, Lee KW, Rhee C. 2003. Effects of pasteurization and storage temperatures on the physicochemical characteristics of kiwi juice. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 628-634.
- Paik JE, Joo NM, Sim YJ, Chun HJ. 1996. Studies on making jelly and mold salad with grape extract. Korean J Soc Food Sci 12: 291-294.