- Volume 46 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Importance-Satisfaction and Usage of Traditional Market Foods of Undergraduate Students in Jeonbuk Area
전북 일부 지역 대학생들의 전통시장 음식 이용 현황 및 중요도-만족도 분석
- Lee, In-Seon (Major in Food and Nutrition, Kunsan National University)
- 이인선 (군산대학교 식품영양학전공)
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2016.11.16
- Published : 2017.01.31
The aim of this paper was to provide basic data on revitalizing traditional markets in 389 undergraduate students who had purchased foods sold at a traditional market in order to understand the current state of usage of traditional market foods and to analyze degree of importance and satisfaction. From September 2015 to November 2015, questionnaires were filled out by respondents. Of the 389 questionnaires that were returned, 343 were used while 46 were discarded as incomplete. In the traditional market, high popularity was detected in foods such as 'Hotteok', 'stir-fried rice cake', 'Korean sausage', and so on in that order, which were mainly simple foods. There was a tendency that 'taste', 'hygiene', 'price', and 'quality' were considered as important, all of which scored more than 4 points for all residence types. In the difference analysis of the degree of satisfaction and importance in traditional market foods according to residence types, degree of importance was much higher than that of satisfaction for all selective attributes. In the results of ISA analysis for attributes of traditional market foods, those selling food in the second quadrant need to make more effort to improve 'hygiene' and 'quality' of food.
Supported by : 중소기업청
- The National Law Information Center. 2013. Special act on the development of traditional markets and shopping districts. http://www.law.go.kr/eng/engLsSc.do?menuId=1&query=traditional+market&x=0&y=0#liBgcolor0 (accessed Oct 2016).
- Cho DY. 2011. The study on the vitalizations of traditional market though the discrimination of large discount stores. MS Thesis. Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea. p 1.
- Kim HG, Kim YJ. 2011. Reinforcement tasks for the competitiveness of the traditional markets: A case study of the Jeju province. J Distribution Res 16: 85-101.
- ATMA. 2013. The survey report of the management of the traditional market, the mall and the store. Agency for Traditional Market Administration, Seoul, Korea. p 26.
- Lee MW. 2005. A study on the ways of activating the Korean conventional markets. J Industrial Economics Business 18: 701-718.
- Song MG. 2015. A study on the characteristics by type of the facility modernization project for the traditional market activation. MS Thesis. Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea. p 1-7.
- Kim JS. 2014. A study on the factors which affect the sales of traditional markets. MS Thesis. Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea. p 9.
- Lee JH, Kim Y, Kim KH. 2013. Analysis of the influence of traditional market vitalization of facility modernization project on traditional markets: Focused on Jung-ang Yudeung market in Jinju. J Korean Regional Development Association 25: 233-250.
- Park YK. 2011. A study on the effect analysis of the traditional market facility deterioration level on sales in the same year. MS Thesis. Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea. p 1-63.
- Jung WG. 2011. A study on status of facilities modernization at markets. MS Thesis. Kyungsung University, Busan, Korea. p 1-50.
- Kim MS. 2014. The impact of organization characteristics of merchant association on social capitals and organization performance of traditional market: Focused on Jecheon and Danyang traditional markets. MS Thesis. Yonsei University, Wonju, Korea. p 1-65.
- Choi DG. 2013. The impacts of the education service quality at the traditional market merchant college on business performance: Focusing merchant awareness and dual pathway of sales professionalism. PhD Dissertation. Daejeon University, Daejeon, Korea. p 1-163.
- Park JH. 2015. The study of service quality of merchant education for the revitalization of traditional markets. PhD Dissertation. Kongju National University, Gongju, Korea. p 1-210.
- Pak JS. 2010. The study on the activation of traditional markets: Focusing on traditional markets in Iksan. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Iksan, Korea. p 67.
- Jeong HK. 2011. A study on influencing factors of travelers' unplanned eating-out behavior. PhD Dissertation. Dong-A University, Busan, Korea. p 1-4.
- Hanwha Day's. 2015. Traditional market gourmet map. http://blog.hanwhadays.com/3107 (accessed Jul 2015).
- Park SJ. 2016. A study on a classification of culinary tourism resources and a comparison of importance of culinary tourism resources. MS Thesis. Woosuk University, Jeonju, Korea. p 38-42.
- KCCI. 2011. The survey of the merchant and the customer for revitalizing the traditional market. Korea Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Seoul, Korea. p 2.
- Yang J, Sohn CM. 2009. Nutritional status and dietary quality by their residing types in college students. Korean J Human Ecology 18: 959-970. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.4.959
- Schipmann C, Qaim M. 2011. Modern food retailers and traditional markets in developing countries: Comparing quality, price, and competition strategies in Thailand. App Econ Perspect Pol 33: 345-362. https://doi.org/10.1093/aepp/ppr018
- Wongleedee K. 2015. Marketing mix and purchasing behavior for community products at traditional markets. Procedia-Soc Behavioral Sci 197: 2080-2085. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.07.323
- Mele C, Ng M, Chim MB. 2015. Urban markets as a 'corrective' to advanced urbanism: The social space of wet markets in contemporary Singapore. Urban Studies 52: 103-102. https://doi.org/10.1177/0042098014524613
- Kim JA. 2013. A study of tourist choice attributes, service value, customer satisfaction, and intention of recommendation: Focused on dong-moon local market. MS Thesis. Jeju National University, Jeju, Korea. p 1-90.
- Lee JI, Roh SH, Shin HS, Jung YP. 2009. A study on vitality for traditional markets in Chunchon: In case of research on the actual condition for customers of traditional markets and discount stores. Korean J Food Marketing Economics 26: 51-74.
- Kim HJ, Cho KY, Lee SW. 2010. A study on the choice factors and possibility of traditional market: Compared to other competing markets based on consumer behavior analyses. J Distribution Res 15: 81-102.
- Jeong YG, Lee IS. 2015. Importance-performance and willingness to purchase analyses of home meal replacement using eco-friendly food ingredients in undergraduates according to gender. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 44: 1873-1880. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.12.1873
- Ju SY. 2012. Study on importance-performance analysis regarding selective attributes of home meal replacement (HMR). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 1639-1644. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.11.1639
- Park HR. 2010. A study on the importance and satisfaction of the attributes for the product development of hamburger. MS Thesis. Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea. p 83-90.
- Jung WS, Hwang SJ. 2014. A study on the perception, importance and satisfaction with local traditional food among university students: Focused on Kyungsan city. Korean J Culinary Res 20: 120-132.
- Yang TS, Oh MC. 2009. A study on impacts of selection attribute of Jeju local folklore food on customers' behaviors: Focusing on customer satisfaction, re-visit, and word of mouth of Jeju tourists. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 636-643. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.5.636
- Han AR. 2011. A survey on the satisfaction to the food service in the dormitories of some universities in Gwang Ju, dining habit and preferences. MS Thesis. Sungshin Women's University, Seoul, Korea. p 116-117.
- Cho M. 2010. A study on the comparison of selection attribute's importance and satisfaction, and its correlation with expenditure in Korean traditional market. MS Thesis. Sejong University, Seoul, Korea. p 70-90.
- Lee YN, Kim KH. 2005. A basic study of the needs for menu development considering stress and eating habit of adult in restaurants. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 15: 773-781.
- Song TH, Woo IA, Sohn JW, Oh SE, Shin SM. 2015. Understanding culinary science. Kyomunsa, Gyeonggi, Korea. p 35-40.
- Park AJ. 2010. A study on the dietary habits and life styles of university students in Jeonnam. MS Thesis. Mokpo National University, Mokpo, Korea. p 13-14.
- Kim HS. 2007. A study on the dietary habits and convenience food intakes by their residing types university students. MS Thesis. Inje University, Gimhae, Korea. p 15-16.
- Kim YS, Kim BR. 2015. Nutrient intake status of male and female university students in Chuncheon area. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 44: 1856-1864. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.12.1856
- Choi SY. 2014. A study on evaluations of customer satisfaction for university dormitory cafeteria foodservice. MS Thesis. Youngsan University, Yangsan, Korea. p 34.
- Lee HS, Lim JH. 2014. SPSS 20.0 manual. Jyphunjae, Seoul, Korea. p 376-383.
- Zhao J. 2011. The study into investigation of eating habits and dining-out activities according to the sex of Ulsan university students. MS Thesis. Ulsan University, Ulsan, Korea. p 46.
- Kim SJ, Bu SY, Choi MK. 2015. Preference and the frequency of processed food intake according to the type residence of college students in Korea. Korean J Community Nutr 20: 188-196. https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2015.20.3.188
- Shon JM, Kim HS. 2014. A study on the foodservice quality of Japanese restaurants using the importance-performance analysis (IPA). Korean J Culinary Res 20: 199-213.
- Nam JY, Hong WS. 2015. Study on importance-performance analysis regarding country-of-origin labeling for restaurants. Korean J Food Cook Sci 31: 53-61. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2015.31.1.053
- Green CG. 1992. Using customer survey data to develop marketing strategies in college/university foodservices. J College University Foodservice 1: 39-51. https://doi.org/10.1300/J278v01n01_04
- Zhang ZY. 2013. A study on classification of quality attributes in culinary tourism based on Kano model. MS Thesis. Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea. p 59.
- Sulek JM, Hensley RL. 2004. The relative important of food, atmosphere, and fairness of wait: The case of a full-service restaurant. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly 45: 235-247. https://doi.org/10.1177/0010880404265345
- Kim MJ, Park GS. 2014. Study on actual state and importance of selection of healthy Korean food menu items made from environmentally-friendly organic foods: Focused on gender. J East Asian Soc Diet Life 24: 488-502.
- Kim KH, Han YS. 2011. A study on the structural relationships among selection attributes, satisfaction, and loyalty of green tea consumers: The moderating effect of involvement. Korean J Food Cook Sci 27: 83-94. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2011.27.2.083
- Seo KH. 2007. A study on delivery food of behaviorism of use and selective attribution according to lifestyle: Centering on the consumers in metropolitan area. MS Thesis. Kwangwoon University, Seoul, Korea. p 99.
- Ha SD. 2011. Trend analysis of policies and managemental systems for food safety. Food Science and Industry 44(2): 29-37.
- Quality Characteristics and Acceptability of Hotteok with Barley Flour for Development of Representative Foods of Traditional Market vol.34, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2018.34.3.279