- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Evaluation of Local Cooling Performance using Piezoelectric and Thermoelectric Modules
압전소자와 열전소자를 이용한 국소부 냉각성능 평가에 관한 연구
- Oh, Hoo-suk (Dept. of Automobile, Chosun College of Science & Technology) ;
- Choi, Byung-Hui (Dept. of Automobile, Chosun College of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2016.10.31
- Accepted : 2017.02.03
- Published : 2017.02.28
This paper investigated experimentally the performance of cooling systems using thermoelectric and piezoelectric modules for local heating and temperature control, such as a handheld electronic devices. The temperature distribution of the cooling region using thermoelectric modules was measured when the piezoelectric module was and was not with a frequency of 80Hz and 110Hz. The coefficients of performance were also calculated by the temperature results, and the thermo-flow phenomena in the cold region was visualized under the same conditions. The results of the temperature distribution measurements and the coefficient of performance showed that the cooling performance of the cooling system using thermoelectric modules can be improved by operating the piezoelectric module. In addition, when the piezoelectric module was operated based on the result of visualization in the cold region, which was formed by thermoelectric modules, the performance thermoelectric cooling was improved by the thermo-flow formed in the entire cold region as the forced convection of vibration was generated on the local cold region by the piezoelectric module.
- M. H. Kim, "Global Warming and the Technology of Next Generation Alternative Refrigerant", Korean Journal of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 36, 7, pp. 7-19, 2007.
- K. S. Park, J. S. Song, H. J. Im, S. Y. Jang, K. S. Lee, J. Jeong and D. H. Shin, "A Study on a Precision Temperature Control for Nanoimprint equipment', Proc. of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 18-23, Autumn, 2007.
- S. Y. Yoo, C. P. Hong, S. W. Shim, " A Study on Performance of Thermoelectric Module and Thermoelectric Cooling System," Korean Journal of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 16, 1, p. 62-69 2004.
- H. K. Kim, Y. H. Kim, B. I. Kim, C. S. Oh, W. K. Park, Y. S. Jeong, S. J. Kim, Y. R. Shin, W. C. Son, "The Development of the Piezoelectric Igniter", Report of Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1986,
- H. S. Kim, B.R. Lee, K. Y. Park, "Precision Position Control of Piezoelectric Actuator using Neural Network", Journal of Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 16, 11. pp. 9-15, 1999.
- S. H. Lee, S. Heo, C. W. Kim, K. J. Yoon, "Analysis of Piezoelectric Actuator for Valveless Micropumps", Proc. of the 60th anniversary of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 1581-1586, Spring, 2005.
- Thermoelectric Module Catalog, AceTec Co, LTD, Deagu, Korea (2004).
- Product Catalog, Piezo System Inc., USA, pp. 42-46, 2007.
- Sonntag, Borgnakke, Van Wylen, "Fundamentals of Thermodynamics, 6thEdition pp 7-8, 214-220, Wiley, USA, 2003.