- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Radar Drone Detection Based on ISAR Technique
ISAR 영상 기반 소형 드론 탐지 구현
- Lee, Kee-Woong ;
- Song, Kyoung-Min ;
- Song, Jung-Hwan ;
- Jung, Chul-Ho ;
- Lee, Woo-kyung ;
- Lee, Myeong-Jin ;
- Song, Yong-Kyu
- Received : 2016.11.16
- Accepted : 2017.01.17
- Published : 2017.02.28
Along with the popular use of commercial drones, there are increased concerns on the possible threats from drones intruding into secured areas. The difficulty of drone detection is attributed to its stealthy operation flying at low altitude with low level signature. Consequently, the anti-drone technique has been of major research topic in recent years and among others, the radar detection is considered as the most promising technique. However, the use of conventional radar detection may not be effective due to the low level radar cross sections of the commercial drones. In this paper, ISAR technique has been employed to implement drone detection in urban area. To this purpose, a pulsed radar system is set up on the ground to track flying drones and the corresponding ISAR images are produced by coherent processing.
- Edwin Vattapparamban, "Drones for smart cities : Issues in cybersecurity, privacy, and public safety", International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference( IWCMC), 2016.
- Matthew Ritche, Fancesco Fioranelli, et al, "Monostatic and bistatic radar measurements of birds and micro-drone", IEEE Radar Conference, 2016.
- Chenchen J. Li, Hao Ling, "An investigation on the radar signatures of small consumer drones", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. PP, 2016.
- Arne Schroder, Matthais Renker, et al., "Numerical and experimental radar cross section analysis of the quadrocopter DJI phantom 2", IEEE Radar Conference 2016.
- J. M. Munoz-Ferreras, "Uniform rotational motion compensation for ISAR with non-cooperative targets", IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, vol. 2, no. 1, 2008.
Supported by : 국가보안기술연구소