- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Multi-level Study on the Effect of Servant Leadership and HRM Control Types on Job Burnout
서번트리더십과 인사관리 유형이 직무소진에 미치는 영향에 관한 다층분석
- Received : 2016.12.22
- Accepted : 2017.01.09
- Published : 2017.02.28
In order to understand job burnout, it is necessary to consider not only the working environment according to the market environment but also the social situation of the team or the organization. This study analyzed the effects of job demands and job resources on job burnout based on JD-R theory. In other words, the team-level variables, servant leadership and HRM control types, were tested for the effect of moderating the individual workload, emotional labor and job burnout. The results of empirical analysis showed that the higher the self-efficacy, the less job burnout, whereas the higher the workload and emotional labor, the more job burnout. Second, the more positive the team level input and result oriented HRM are, the less positive regression relation of workload and job burnout is. Finally, it was found that the intensity of the regression relation of negative self-efficacy and job burnout was amplified in the team with servant leadership.
- 이상현, 감정노동자의 직무소진과 열의에 서번트 리더십과 HRM 통제가 미치는 영향: 직업상담사를 중심으로, 박사학위논문, 한국기술교육대학교대학원, 2013.
- 이철기, 윤동열, "직무요구-자원모형을 활용한 직업상담사의 직무소진 및 업무열의에 대한 연구," 기업경영연구, 제22권, 제5호, pp.169-186, 2015.
- W. B. Schaufeli and A. B. Bakker, "Job demands, job resources, and their relationship with burnout and engagement: A multi-sample study," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.25, No.3, pp.293-315, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.248
- C. Maslach, Burnout: The cost of Caring, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1982.
- 문형구, 최병권, 고욱, "직무스트레스 연구의 동향과 향후 방향," 조직과 인사관리연구, 제34권, 제3호, pp.117-187, 2010.
- D. C. Ganster and J. Schaubroeck, "Work stress and employee health," Journal of Management, Vol.17, No.2, pp.235-271, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/014920639101700202
- C. Maslach, W. B. Schaufeli, and M. P. Leiter, "Job burnout," Annual Review of Psychology, Vol.52, No.1, pp.397-422, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.397
- 조상은, 양해술, "콜센터 상담원의 감정소진이 고객지향성 및 직무만족에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제6호, pp.386-403, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.386
- J. R. Halbesleben and M. R. Buckley, "Burnout in organizational life," Journal of Management, Vol.30, No.6, pp.859-879, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jm.2004.06.004
- A. B. Bakker, E. Demerouti, and W. Verbeke, "Using the job demands-resources model to predict burnout and performance," Human Resource Management, Vol.43, No.1, pp.83-104, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.20004
- J. Singh, "Performance productivity and quality of frontline employees in service organizations," Journal of Marketing, Vol.64, No.2, pp.15-34, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20698
- N. P. Podsakoff, J. A. LePine and M. A. LePine, "Differential challenge stressor-hindrance stressor relationships with job attitudes, turnover intentions, turnover, and withdrawal behavior: a meta-analysis," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.92, No.2, pp.438-454, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.92.2.438
- S. E. Hobfoll, "The influence of culture, community, and the nested-self in the stress process: Aadvancing conservation of resources theory," Applied Psychology, Vol.50, No.3, pp.337-421, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/1464-0597.00062
- R. Saavedra and S. K. Kwun, "Affective states in job characteristics theory," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.21, No.2, pp.131-146, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(200003)21:2<131::AID-JOB39>3.0.CO;2-Q
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy: The exercise of control, New York: Freeman, 1997.
- 박혜정, "보육교사의 가족-교사 간 의사소통이 교사의 심리적 소진과 교사효능감에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제1호, pp.530-540, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.01.530
- 박상언, "직무요구-통제 모형에 의한 사원들의 직무소진(job burnout)에 관한 연구: 적극적 성격과 자기효능감 변수의 조절효과를 중심으로," 조직과 인사관리연구, 제30권, 제2호, pp.45-71, 2006.
- J. A. Morris and D. C. Feldman, "The dimensions, antecedents, and consequences of emotional labor," Academy of Management Review, Vol.21, No.4, pp.986-1010, 1996. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1996.9704071861
- S. A. Snell, "Control theory in strategic human resource management: The mediating effect of administrative information," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.35, No.2, pp.292-327, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/256375
- K. Chwalisz, E. M. Altmaier, and D. W. Russell, "Causal attributions, self-efficacy cognitions, and coping with stress," Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, Vol.11, No.4, pp.377-400, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1521/jscp.19220.127.116.117
- O. J. Ladebo and J. M. Awotunde, "Emotional and behavioral reactions to work overload: Self-efficacy as a moderator," Current research in social psychology, Vol.13, No.8, pp.86-100, 2007.
- C. L. Cordes and T. W. Dougherty, "A review and an integration of research on job burnout," Academy of Management Review, Vol.18, No.4, pp.621-656, 1993. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1993.9402210153
- 구효진, 김병용, 고재윤, "직무요구와 소진과의 관계에서 직무자원의 조절효과에 관한 연구," 관광.레저연구, 제22권, 제2호, pp.413-428, 2010.
- D. Zapf, C. Seifert, B. Schmutte, H. Mertini, and M. Holz, "Emotion work and job stressors and their effects on burnout," Psychology & Health, Vol.16, No.5, pp.527-545, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/08870440108405525
- W. Patton and R. Goddard, "Psychological distress and burnout in Australian employment service workers: Two years on," Journal of Employment Counseling, Vol.40, No.1, pp.2-16, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-1920.2003.tb00851.x
- T. M. Skovholt, T. L. Grier, and M. R. Hanson, "Career counseling for longevity: Self-care and burnout prevention strategies for counselor resilience," Journal of Career Development, Vol.27, No.3, pp.167-176, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/089484530102700303
- 이동진, "정보프라이버시 인식, OCB 및 창의적 성과에 관한 연구: 조직의 HR 관리유형과 업종에 의한 상황효과," 조직과 인사관리연구, 제36권, 제4호, pp.159-193, 2012.
- S. A. Snell and M. A. Youndt, "Human resource management and firm performance: Testing a contingency model of executive controls," Journal of Management, Vol.21, No.4, pp.711-737, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/014920639502100407
- S. W. J. Kozlowski and D. R. Ilgen, "Enhancing the Effectiveness of Work Groups and Teams," Psychological Science in the Public Interest, Vol.7, No.3, pp.77-124, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1529-1006.2006.00030.x
- 이철기,이동진, "조직공정성과 이직의도 및 정서몰입의 관계: 직무소진의 조절효과," 대한경영학회지, 제25권, 제8호, pp.3375-3395, 2012.
- D. Katz and R. L. Kahn, The social psychology of organizations, New York: Wiley, 1978.
- S.Cohen and T. A. Wills, "Stress, social support, and the buffering hypothesis," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.98, No.2, pp.310-357, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.98.2.310
- R. C. Liden, S. J. Wayne, H. Zhao, and D. Henderson, "Servant leadership: Development of a multidimensional measure and multi-level assessment," The Leadership Quarterly, Vol.19, No.2, pp.161-177, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2008.01.006
- 김정식, 류은영, 박성민, "서번트리더십이 부하의 직무만족과 직무몰입에 미치는 영향:직무스트레스의 매개역할을 중심으로," 정책분석평가학회보, 제21권, 제3호, pp.239-271, 2011.
- G. Chen, S. M. Gully, J. A. Whiteman, and R. N. Kilcullen, "Examination of relationships among trait-like individual differences, state-like individual differences, and learning performance," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.85, No.6, pp.835-847, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.6.835
- W. B. Schaufeli, M. P. Leiter, C. Maslach, and S. E. Jackson, Maslach Burnout Inventory-General Survey(MBI-GS), MBI Manual(3rd Ed.), Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press, 1996.
- M. G. Ehrhart, "Leadership and procedural justice climate as antecedents of unit-level organizational citizenship behavior," Personnel Psychology, Vol.57, pp.61-94, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2004.tb02484.x
- M. L. Riggs, J. Warka, B. Babasa, R. Betancourt, and S. Hooker, "Development and validation of self-efficacy and outcome expectancy scales for job-related applications," Educational and Psychological Measurement, Vol.54, No.3, pp.793-802, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0013164494054003026
- R. A. Karasek, Jr., "Job demands, job decision latitude, and mental strain: Implications for job redesign," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.24, No.2, pp.285-308, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392498
- C. M. Brotheridge and R. T. Lee, "Development and validation of the emotional labour scale," Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Vol.76, pp.365-379, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1348/096317903769647229
- R. J. Bennettt and S. L. Robinson, "Development of a measure of workplace deviance," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.85, No.3, pp.349-360, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.3.349
- 이순묵, 사회과학을 위한 측정의 원리, 서울, 학지사, 2002.
- D. Chan, "Functional relations among constructs in the same content domain at differnt levels of analysis: A typology of composition models," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.82, No.2, pp.234-246, 1998.
- K. J. Klein and S. W. J. Kozlowski, Multilevel Theory, Research, and Methods in Organizations, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- T. L. Simons and R. S. Peterson, "Task conflict and relationship conflict in top management teams: The pivotal role of intragroup trust," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.85, No.1, pp.102-111, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.1.102
- S. W. Raudenbush, A. Bryk, Y. Cheong, and R. Congdon Jr, HLM 5: Hierarchical Linear and Nonlinear Modelling, Scientific Software International, 2000.