- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Development of Estimation for Discharge Rate Reflecting Water Surface Slope
수면경사를 반영한 하천 유량산정에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.11.07
- Accepted : 2017.02.14
- Published : 2017.02.28
There is a big difference of discharge rate between drought and flood period in Korea since the importance of water resources management has come to the fore. To know a river characteristics, it needs to estimate river discharge accurately. River discharge is calculated using the measured velocity of cross section and the estimated area of watercourse as input parameters into continuity equation. Generally, flow rate over a river is estimated from the relation equation between level and discharge, in this case, there are weakness for only the equal depths and the equal discharge estimated. In the present study, therefore, water surface slope was estimated using measured water level of Seongseo water level observation station and measured water level using ADVM at Gangchang Bridge. And then, we developed the discharge calculation equation using water surface slope. A method to easily calculated flow rate from the measured depth of the two points that are suggested by reflecting water surface slope because natural stream is unsteady flow, not uniform flow or not steady flow.
Supported by : K-Water 연구원
- T. H. Choo, S. H. Hong, H. C. Yoon, G. S. Yun, and S. K. Chae, "The estimation of discharge in unsteady flow conditions, showing a characteristic loop form," Environmental Earth Sciences, Vol.73, No.4, pp.4451-4460, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-014-3731-6
- T. H. Choo, J. K. Son, Y. B. Kwon, S. H. Ahn, and G. S. Yun, "The Estimation of Friction Velocity by Hydraulic Parameters Reflecting Turbulent Flow Characteristics in a Smooth Pipe Line," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.16, No.4, pp.614-623, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.04.614
- A. Petersen-Overleir and T. Reitan, "Accounting for rating curve imprecision in flood frequency analysis using likelihood-based methods," Journal of Hydrology, Vol.366, No.1, pp.89-100, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2008.12.014
- A. R. Schmidt, Analysis of stage-discharge relation for open-channel flows and their associated uncertainties, Ph.D. thesis, Univ. of Ill. at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill., USA, p.329, 2002.
- C. H. Kim, "How to change korean water management system? : Focused on expert's recognition analysis," The Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No.10, pp.266-277, 2013.
- C. Y. Kim, "Development of Velocity Profile Method for Streamflow Estimation and Its Applicability," M. S. Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Inha University, Incheon, Korea, 2010.
- D. J. Jang, "Uncertainty Assessment of Rating Curve Equation in the Nam River Dam Major site," Journal of the Construction and Environment Research Institute, Vol.8, No.2, pp.175-183, 2013.
- G. H. Kim, J. I. Park, and C. K. Shin, "Development of Rating Curves Using a Maximum Likelihood Model," Journal of Environmental and Sanitary Engineering, Vol.23, No.4, pp.83-93, 2008.
- H. H. Kwon, Y. I. Moon, B. K. Choi, and S. M. Kim, "Derivation and Uncertainty Analysis of Rating Curve Using Hierarchical Bayesian Model," Proceedings '08 of Korea Water Resources Association, pp.1211-1214, 2008.
- J. H. Yoo, "Development and Application of Rating Curves for the Keum River," Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.19, No.1-6, pp.665-675, 1999.
- J. S. LEE, C. G. Kim, E. G. You, and H. W. Lee, "Derivation of Relationships for Flow-Total Load at Midium and Small Streams in Agrarian Basin," Proceedings '15 of the Korea Contents Association, pp.369-370, 2015.
- M. H. Hwang, J. I. Park, S. J. Maeng, I. H. Ko, and W. G. Kim, "Stream Discharge Calculation by the Water-Surface Slope," Proceedings '03 of Korea society of civil Engineers, pp.2099-2102, 2003.
- S. H. Kim, H. S. Choi, S. H. Kim, and P. J. Lee, "Development of Rating-curve on the Sum River Experimental Watershed," Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp.2830-2834, 2003.
- T. H. Choo and S. K. Lee, "Measurement of Discharge Using the Entropy Concept," Proceedings '06 of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.4, No.1, pp.342-347, 2006.
- T. H. Choo and S. K. Chae, "A Study on Discharge Estimation by Representative Parameter Method in Open Channels," Journal of Korean Wetlands Society, Vol.14, No.4, pp.637-644, 2012.