- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Empirical Analyses on Intention to Live and Consumption Expenditure of Urban Residents in Neighboring Counties of Naepo New Town
도심 거주의향과 지역 내 소비지출에 관한 실증분석; 내포신도시 주변도시 도심거주민 의식조사를 중심으로
- Received : 2016.10.26
- Accepted : 2016.12.01
- Published : 2017.02.28
This study is performed with the view point that a strategy to maintain the existing residents as well as to attract people outside is necessary in order to revitalize the downtown of an area. Empirical analyses of this study are focused on the residents in downtowns of the two counties, Hongsung and Yesan which are concerned of becoming hollow. According to the results, the residents who want to continue living in the downtown are the old and the owner-occupants of detached housing units while those who hope to leave to Naepo, a neighboring new town are in their 30's or high income-earners. Thus, policies such as renovating detached housing for the old are required. In addition, policies to reduce outflow of the people who are in their 30's or high income-earners are also needed. Especially, since the resident who is highly probable to leave is estimated to spend 553 thousand Korean Won per year in the downtown, on-going outflow of residents would weaken the local market and threaten the local economy. Consequently, local governments need to set up directions of urban renovation policies by considering decline in population, change in demographic structure, appropriate allocation of limited budget, and sustainable urban development based on empirical research results.
Intention to Live;Consumption Expenditure;Downtown;Urban Renovation;Naepo New Town
Supported by : 충남연구원
- E. Katz and O. Stark, "Labor Migration and Risk Aversion in Less Developed Countries," Journal of Labor Economics, Vol.4, No.1, pp.134-149, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1086/298097
- M. Boyd, "Family and Personal Networks in International Migration: Recent Developments and New Agendas," International Migration Review, Vol.23, No.3, pp.638-670, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/2546433
- D. Massey, J. Arango, G. Hugo, A. Kouaouci, A. Pellegrino, and J. Taylor, "Theories of International Migration: A Review and Appraisal," Population and Development Review, Vol.19, No.3, pp.431-466, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/2938462
- A. Pellegrino, La migracion internacional en America Latina y el Cariba: tendencias y perfiles de los migrantes, CELADE, 2003.
- D. van de Kaa, "International Migration in the Demographic Balancing Equation of Late Modern Societies," Zeitschrift fur Bevolkerungswissenschaft, Vol.28, pp.171-182, 2004.
- J. Harris and M. Todaro, "Migration, Unemployment and Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, Vol.60, No.1, pp.126-142, 1970.
- M. Rosenzweig, "Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low Income Countries," The Economic Journal, Vol.98, pp.1148-1170, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/2233724
- R. Lucas, International Migration Regimes and Economic Development, Report prepared for the Expert Group on Development Issues in the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, forthcoming in Edward Elgar Publisher, 2005.
- J. Taylor and P. Martin, "Human Capital: Migration and Rural Population Change, in B. Gardener and G. Rausser (Eds.) Handbook of Agricultural Economics 1, pp.457-511, 2001.
- 김한수, 임준홍, 송흥수, "도심 주거지 선호성향에 관한 연구," 한국주택학회지, 제6권, 제1호, pp.137-155, 1998.
- 임준홍, 김한수, "도심 근무자의 도시주거 선호성향," 한구주거학회, 제12권, 제2호, pp.143-150, 2001.
- 송흥수, 임준홍, 김한수, "대구 도심의 주거환경만족도와 거주의향 분석," 한구주거학회, 제26권, 제5호, pp.133-141, 2015.
- 임준홍, "도심거주 고령자의 주거환경 만족도 분석- 천안시를 사례로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제3호, pp.114-122, 2015.
- 남진, "서울시 성장관리를 위한 도심주거 확보의 비용효과 분석 연구," 대한국토.도시계획학회지(국토계획), 제41권, 제7호, pp.51-70, 2006.
- 이상광, 임준홍, "지속가능한 개발을 위한 도심공간 정주성 제고에 관한 연구-대구시를 중심으로," 한국주거학회논문집, 제11권, 제2호, pp.1-12, 2000.
- M. Todaro, "A Model of Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, Vol.59, No.1, pp.138-148, 1969.