- Volume 17 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Alcohol-related Harm Preventing Intervention on Drinking Frequency and Problem Behaviors of Adolescent: A Meta-analysis
청소년의 음주폐해 예방 중재가 음주 빈도와 문제행동에 미치는 효과: 메타분석
- Received : 2016.10.31
- Accepted : 2016.11.24
- Published : 2017.02.28
This study tried to confirm the effective intervention to reduce drinking frequency and problem behaviors among the three interventions; school based, feedback, and behavior change. Meta-analysis was conducted targeting at 16 studies of randomized controlled trial in which alcohol intervention has been applied to adolescent. The drinking frequency and problem behaviors were analyzed by follow up period. There was a significant difference in the feedback intervention to reduce the frequency of drinking under 3 months of follow up period. Also, there was a significant difference in the feedback intervention to reduce the problematic behaviors of drinking between 4 and 12 months of follow up period(p<.05). The study confirmed that feedback intervention is effective in reducing the frequency of drinking during the follow up period under 3 months, and it is effective in reducing the problem behaviors of drinking during the 4~12 months of follow up period. Also, the study confirmed that school-based intervention and feedback intervention were useful in reducing and preventing harmful effects of drinking by adolescents.
Adolescent;Drinking;Alcohol-related Harm;Alcohol Intervention;Meta-analysis
- C. L. Williams, C. L. Perry, K. Farbakhsh, and S. Veblen-Mortenson, "Project Northland: Comprehensive alcohol use prevention for young adolescent, their parents, schools, peers and communities," Journal of Studies on Alcohol Supplement, Vol.13, pp.112-124, 1999.
- A. E. Reid and K. B. Carey, "Interventions to reduce college student drinking: State of the evidence for mechanism of behavior change," Clinical Psychology Review, Vol.40, No.2015, pp.213-224, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpr.2015.06.006
- 김광기, "우리나라 음주폐해 감소를 위한 알코올 정책 도입 방안," 정책보고서 06-12 (06-206A-01), 12, pp.1-287, 2006.
- T. F. Babor, Alcohol: No ordinary commodity, 2nd edition, Oxford New York. 2010.
- 공혜림, 김하주, 전승희, 임민경, "대학생 절주동아리 캠페인 활동사례," 대한보건협회 보건종합학술대회, 제2011권, 제2011호, p.22, 2011.
- 정우진, "청소년 음주의 사회경제적 비용," 정신건강정책포럼, 제3권, pp.143-153, 2009.
- 김선아, "중.고등학교 시기의 심리사회적요인과 고 3학년 음주흡연행동의 관계: 친구관계, 스트레스, 우월감, 자존감을 중심으로," 사회과학연구, 제21권, 제3호, 2010.
- J. G. Murphy, A. A. Dennhardt, J. R. Skidmore, B. Borsari, N. P. Barnett, S. M. Colby, and M. P. Martens, "A randomized controlled trial of a behavioral enonomic supplement to brief motivational interventions for college drinking," J Consult Clin Psychol, Vol.80, No.5, pp.876-886, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0028763
- D. M. Doumas, S. Esp, R. Turrisi, R. Hausheer, and C. Cuffee, "A test of the efficacy of a brief, web-based personalized feedback intervention to reduce drinking among 9th grade students," Addictive Behavior, Vol.39, pp.231-238, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2013.10.011
- N. C. Newton, G. Andrews, M. Teesson, and L. E. Vogl, "Delivering prevention for alcohol and cannabis using the internet: A cluster randomised controlled trial," Prev Med, Vol.48, pp.579-584, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2009.04.009
- J. W. LaBrie, M. A. Lewis, D. C. Atkins, C. Neighbors, C. Zheng, S. R. Kenney, and M. E. Larimer, "RCT of web-based personalized normative feedback for college drinking prevention: Are typical student norms good enough?," J Consult Clin Psychol, Vol.81, No.6, pp.1074-1086, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0034087
- J. F. Schaus, M. L. Sole, T. McCoy, N. Mullett, and M. C. O'Brien, "Alcohol screening and brief intervention in a college student health center: A randomized controlled trial," Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, Vol.16, pp.131-141, 2009.
- H. K. Strom, F. Adolfsen, S. Fossum, S. Kaiser, and M. Martinussen, "Effectiveness of school-based preventive interventions on adolescent alcohol use: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials," Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Polity, Vol.9, No.48, pp.2-11, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1747-597X-9-2
- S. T. Walters and C. Neighbors, "Feedback interventions for college alcohol misuse: What, why and for whom?," Addictive Behaviors, Vol.30, No.2005, pp.1168-1182, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2004.12.005
- K. B. Carey, L. A. J. Scott-Sheldon, M. P. Carey, and K. S. Demartini, "Individual-level interventions to reduce college student drinking: A meta-analytic review," Addic Behav, Vol.32, pp.2469-2494, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2007.05.004
- M. T. Moreira, L. A. Smith, and D. Foxcroft, "Social norms intervention to reduce alcohol misuse in university or college student(review)," Cochrane Database SystRev, 2009.
- L. I. Solberg, M. V. Maciosek, and N. M. Edwards, "Primary care intervention to reduce alcohol misuse: Ranking its health impact and cost effectiveness," Am J Prev Med, Vol.34, pp.143-152, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2007.09.035
- 정슬기, 김지선, "청소년 음주문제와 관련한 영향요인에 대한 메타분석," 보건교육건강증진학회지, 제31권, 제1호, pp.71-83, 2014.
- A. R. Jadad, R. A. Moore, D. Carroll, C. Jenkinson, D. J. M. Reynolds, D. J. Gavaghan, and H. J. Mcquay, "Assessing the quality of reports of randomized clinical trials: Is blinding necessary?," Controlled Clinical Trials, Vol.17, No.1, pp.1-12, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-2456(95)00134-4
- W. G. Cochran, "The combination of estimates from different experiments," Biometrics, Vol.10, No.1, pp.101-129, 1954. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001666
- C. D. Furberg and T. M. Morgan, "Lessons from overviews of cardiovascular trials," Statistics in Medicine, Vol.6, No.3, pp.295-303, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.4780060316
- R. Rosenthal and D. B. Rubin, "Comparing effect sizes of independent studies," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.92, No.2, pp.500-504, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.92.2.500
- J. Cohen, Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences(2nd ed.), Hillsdale, NewYork, NY: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1988.
- J. Lau, J. Ioannidis, and C. H. Schmid, "Quantitative synthesis in systematic reviews," Annals of Internal Medicine, Vol.127, No.9, pp.820-826, 1997. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-127-9-199711010-00008
- E. J. D'Amico and K. Fromme, "Brief prevention for adolescent risk-taking behavior," Addiction, Vol.97, pp.563-574, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1360-0443.2002.00115.x
- L. Vogl, M. Teesson, G. Andrews, K. Bird, B. Steadman, and P. Dillon, "A computerized harm minimization prevention program for alcohol misuse and related harms: Randomized controlled trial," Addiction, Vol.104, pp.564-575, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2009.02510.x
- C. Werch, M. J. Moore, C. C. DiClemente, R. Bledsoe, and E. Jobli, "A multihealth behavior intervention integrating physical activity and substance use prevention for adolescents," Prev Sci, Vol.6, pp.213-226, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11121-005-0012-3
- B. Bosari and K. B Carey, "Effects of brief motivational intervention with college student drinkers," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol.68, No.4, pp.728-733, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.68.4.728
- S. E. Collins, K. B. Carey, and M. J. Sliwinski, "Mailed personalized normative feedback as a brief intervention for at-risk college drinkers," Journal of Studies Alcohol, Vol.63, pp.559-567, 2002, https://doi.org/10.15288/jsa.2002.63.559
- J. G. Murphy, J. J. Duchnick, R. E. Vuchinich, J. W. Davison, R. S. Karg, A. M. Olson, A. F. Smith, and T. T. Coffey, "Relative efficacy of a brief motivational intervention for college student drinkers," Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, Vol.15, No.4, pp.373-379, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0893-164X.15.4.373
- C. Neighbors, M. E. Larimer, and M. A. Lewis, "Targeting misperceptions of descriptive drinking norms: Efficacy of a computer-delivered personalized normative feedback intervention," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol.72, No.3, pp.434-447, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.72.3.434
- S. Walters, M. E. Bennett, and J. H. Miller, "Reducing alcohol use in college students: A controlled trial of two brief interventions," J DRUB EDUCATION, Vol.30, No.3, pp.361-372, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2190/JHML-0JPD-YE7L-14CT
- N. P. Barnett, J. G. Murphy, S. M. Colby, and P. M. Monti, "Efficacy of counselor vs. computer-delivered intervention with madated college students," Addictive behaviors, Vol.32, No.11, pp.2529-2548, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2007.06.017
- J. J. Black, G. Q. Tran, A. A. Goldsmith, R. D. Thompson, J. P. Smith, and J. A. Welqe, "Alcohol expectancies and social self efficacy as mediators of differential intervention outcomes for college hazardous drinkers with social anxiety," Addictive Behaviors, Vol.37, No.3, pp.248-255, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2011.10.004
- M. Testa, J. H. Hoffman, J. A. Livingston, and R. Turrisi, "Preventing college women's sexual victimization through parent based intervention: A randomized controlled trial," Prevention Science, Vol.11, No.3, pp.308-318, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11121-010-0168-3
- 손민성, 김미선, 윤기찬, 최만규, "청소년의 심리건강 영향요인: 음주의 매개효과," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제2호, pp.359-369, 2013.
- 양승희, 윤지원, "대학생의 우울, 불안, 금주 자기효능감이 음주문제에 미치는 영향: 보건복지계열 햑생을 중심으로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제12호, pp.304-313, 2015.
- L. D. Johnston, P. M. O'Malley, and J. G. Bachman, Monitoring the future national survey results on drug use, 1975-2000, Volume II: College students and adults age 19-40 (National Institutes of Health Publication No. 01-4925), Bethesda, MD: National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2001.