- Volume 41 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Single Point Incremental Forming of Al5052-O Sheet
Al5052-O 판재의 최적 점진성형 연구
- Kim, Chan Il (Institute of Mechanical Engineering Technology, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Xiao, Xiao (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Do, Van Cuong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2016.07.19
- Accepted : 2016.11.08
- Published : 2017.03.01
Single point incremental forming (SPIF) is a sheet-forming technique. It is a die-less sheet metal manufacturing process for rapid prototyping and small batch production. The Critical parameters in the forming process include tool diameter, step depth, feed rate, spindle speed, etc. In this study, these parameters and the die shape corresponding to the Varying Wall Angle Conical Frustum(VWACF) model were used for forming 0.8mm in thick Al5052-O sheets. The Taguchi method of Experiments of Design (DOE) and Grey relational optimization were used to determine the optimum parameters in SPIF. A response study was performed on formability, spring back, and thickness reduction. The research shows that the optimum combination of these parameters that yield best performance of SPIF is as follows: tool diameter, 6mm; spin speed, 60rpm; step depth, 0.3mm; and feed rate, 500mm/min.
Incremental Forming;Taguchi Method;Grey Relational Optimization;Varying Wall Angle Conical Frustum(VWACF)
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Leszak, E., 1967, "Apparatus and Process for Incremental Die Less Forming," Patent US3342051 A.
- Iseki, H., Kato, K. and Sakamoto, S., 1992, "Flexible and Incremental Sheet Metal Buckling used a Pathcontrolled Spherical Roller," Trans. JSME, Vol. 58, No. 554, pp. 3147-3155.
- Jeswiet, J., Micari, F., Hirt, G., Bramley, A., Duflou, J. and Allwood, J., 2005, "Asymmetric Single Point Incremental Forming of Sheet Metal," CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 54, No. 2, pp. 88-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)60021-3
- Capece Minutolo, F., Durante, M., Formisano, A. and Langella, A., 2007, "Evaluation of the Maximum Slope Angle of Simple Geometries Carried Out by Incremental Forming Process," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 194, No. 1-3, pp. 145-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2007.04.109
- Ambrogio, G., Costantino, I., De Napoli, L., Filice, L., Fratini, L. and Muzzupappa, M., 2004, "Influence of Some Relevant Process Parameters on the Dimensional Accuracy in Incremental Forming: a Numerical and Experimental Investigation," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 153-154, pp. 501-507. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2004.04.139
- Leon, J., Salcedo, D., Ciaurriz, C., Luis, C. J., Fuertes, J. P., Puertas, I. and Luri, R., 2013, "Analysis of the Influence of Geometrical Parameters on the Mechanical Properties of Incremental Sheet Forming Parts," Procedia Engineering, Vol. 63, pp. 445-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2013.08.206
- Kim, Y. H. and Park, J. J., 2002, "Effect of Process Parameters on Formability in Incremental Forming of Sheet Metal," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 130-131, pp. 42-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)00788-4
- Ham, M. and Jeswiet, J., 2006, "Single Point Incremental Forming and the Forming Criteria for AA3003," CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 241-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)60407-7
- Shim, M. S. and Park, J. J., 2001, "The Formability of Aluminum Sheet in Incremental Forming," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 113, No. 1-3, pp. 654-658. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(01)00679-3
- Park, J. G., Kim, J. H., Park, N. K. and Kim, Y. S., 2010, "Study of Forming Limit for Rotational Incremental Sheet Forming of Magnesium Alloy Sheet," Metallugical and Materials Transaction A, Vol. 42, pp. 97-105.
- Do, V. C., Nguyen, D. T., Cho, J. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2016, "Incremental Forming of 3D Structured Aluminum Sheet," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 217-223. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-016-0028-6
- Sundarasrinivasan, A. and Ganesh, P., 2015, "Experimental Study of Incremental Forming in Stainless Steel (AISI 316) for a Truncated Pyramid Shape," Journal of Chemical Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 9, pp. 454-462.
- Jeswiet, J., Adams, D., Doolan, M., McAnulty, T. and Gupta, P., 2015, "Single Point and Asymmetric Incremental Forming," Advances in Manufacturing, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 253-262. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40436-015-0126-1