- Volume 41 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and Performance Test of Locking Curved-Nut
풀림방지 Curved-Nut 설계 및 성능 시험
- Cha, Min Cheol (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kang, Ho Sung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Do Yeop (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Suk Yong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Hui Jong (Viblock Company) ;
- Lee, Eung Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- 차민철 (충북대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 강호성 (충북대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 김도엽 (충북대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 이석용 (충북대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 정희종 (바이브록) ;
- 이응석 (충북대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2016.08.22
- Accepted : 2016.11.05
- Published : 2017.03.01
Many types of locking nut are commercializing in the various industries where has heavy vibration. Because nut's loosing causes a serious accident. But the most locking nuts are too expensive as the complicate manufacturing process. In this study, we design the new type of locking nut, "Curved-Nut" that is relatively simple making process. We study a relation between the elastic energy and the nut loosing mechanism. So it is analysed, the elastic energy of Curved-Nut comparing with the locking test. The Curved-Nut was manufactured on the commercial nut using a milling tool with horizontal cutting, one or two time under the nut. As the result, the more elastic energy the more prevent the loosing of the nut. We verified the performance of the loosing nut using the vibration testing equipment (NAS3350).
Locking Nut;Curved-Nut;Elastic Energy;Friction Energy
- NASA, "NAS(National Aerospace Standard)3350 Manual," 2015, Standards Industry 3. Requirements, 220.127.116.11.
- Jung, S.P., Park, T.W., Chung, W.S. and Song, H. S., 2009, "Optimum Design of the Shape of the Spring for a Loose-proof Lock Nut," Proceedings of the KSPE Spring Conference, pp. 149-150.
- ANSEL C. UGURAL, 2012, "MECHANICAL DESIGN An Integrated Approach," McGrawHil, pp. 600-627.
- Lee, C.W. and Kim, H.J., "Characteristics of Tightening Torque of Self-locking Nuts for KTX Trains," Proceeding of the KSME Fall conference, pp. 3638-3639.
- Kim, S.H. and Seok, C.S., "The Comparative Evaluation for Factors Effecting on Anti-loosening of Bolt," Proceeding of the KSME Fall conference, pp. 226-227.