- Volume 41 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Real-Time Estimation of Yaw Moment of Inertia of a Travelling Heavy Duty Truck
주행하는 대형 트럭의 요관성모멘트 실시간 추정
- Lee, Seung-Yong (Seojeong College) ;
- Nakano, Kimihiko (The University of Tokyo) ;
- Kim, Se-Kwang (Seojeong College)
- Received : 2016.09.11
- Accepted : 2016.11.29
- Published : 2017.03.01
To achieve an advanced control of automobiles, it is necessary to acquire the values of the parameters of a vehicle in real time to conduct precise vehicle control practices such as automatic platooning control. Vehicle control is especially required in controlling trucks, as the mass and inertia change widely according to the loading conditions. Thereafter, we propose to estimate the yaw moment of inertia of the truck in real-time during travelling, by applying the dual Kalman filter algorithm, which estimates the state variables and values of the parameters simultaneously in real-time. The simulation results show that the proposed method is effective for the estimation, which uses commercial software for simulating and analyzing the vehicle dynamics.
Vehicle Dynamics;Parameter Identification;Simulation;ITS
- Harker, B., 2001, "Promote-Chauffeur II & 5.8GHz Vehicle to Vehicle Communications System," In Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, pp. 81-85.
- Ramakers, R., Henning, H., Gies, S., Abel, D. and Haberstroh, M., 2011, "Electronically Coupled Truck Platoons on German Highways," Automation, Communication and Cybernetics in Science and Engineering 2009/2010, Springer, pp. 441-451.
- Bergenhem, C., Huang, Q., Benmimoun, A. and Robinson, T., 2010, "Challenges of Platooning On Public Motorways," 17th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, pp. 1-12.
- Shladover, S., 2007, "PATH at 20 - History and Major Milestones," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 584-592. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2007.903052
- Sheikholeslam, S. and Charles, A., 1992, "Combined Longitudinal and Lateral Control of a Platoon of Vehicles," American Control Conference, pp. 1763-1767.
- Ioannou, P. and Chien, C., 1993, "Autonomous Intelligent Cruise Control," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 657-672. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.260745
- Aoki, K. and Morita, Y., 2009, "Development of Automated Platooning System based on Heavy Duty Trucks. (First Report)," JSAE Annual Congress (Autumn), No. 94-09, pp. 1-4.
- Yamazaki, H., Okamoto, K., Aoki, K. and Ito, Y., 2009, "Fuel Saving Effect of Single File Platooning Trucks on Expressway," JSAE Annual Congress (Autumn), No. 95-09, pp. 1-4.
- Lee, S., Nakano, K., Yamabe, S., Zheng, R., Aki, M. and Suda, Y., 2011, "Realization of Automatic Platooning Simulation by Driving Simulator," JSME Annual Congress, CD-ROM.
- Solmaz, S., Akar, M., Shorten, R. and Kalkkuhl, J., 2008, "Real-time Multiple-model Estimation of Centre of Gravity Position in Automotive Vehicles," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp. 763-788. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110701602670
- Best, M. and Gordon, T., 2000, "Combined State and Parameter Estimation of Vehicle Handling Dynamics," Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control (AVEC), pp. 429-436.
- Bae, H., Ryu, J. and Gerdes, J., 2001, "Road Grade and Vehicle Parameter Estimation for Longitudinal Control using GPS," IEEE Conference on Intelligent transportation system, pp. 25-29.
- Hong, D. G., Huh, K. S., Yoon, P. J. and Hwang, I. Y., 2004, "Estimation of Tire Braking Force and Road Friction Coefficient Between Tire and Road Surface for Wheel Slip Control," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 123-180.
- Lee, S., Aki, M., Ohori, M., Nakano, K., Yamabe, S., Suda, Y., Ishizaka, H. and Suzuki, Y., 2012, "Estimation of Weight and Center of Gravity of a Truck for Automatic Platooning Control," JSAE Annual Congress (spring), No. 19-12, pp. 21-24.
- Lee, S., Ohori, M., Nakano, K., Aki, M. and Suda, Y., 2012, "Identification of Yaw Moment and Estimation of State Variables of a Travelling Vehicle," Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Part C, Vol. 79, Issue 806, pp. 3347-3357.
- Katzourakis, D. I., Velenis, E., Abbink, D., Happee, R. and Holweg, E., 2012, "Race-Car Instrumentation for Driving Behavior Studies," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 61, No. 2, pp. 462-474. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2011.2164281
- Kaneko, T., Kuriyagawa, Y., Momiyama, F. and Kageyama, I., 2011, "Development of an Algorithm for the Real-time Trajectory Generation of a Control Target in a Driver Model and Vehicle Dynamics for an Autonomous Vehicle," JSAE Annual Congress (spring), No. 72-11, pp. 7-12.
- Abe, M., 2009, "Vehicle Handling Dynamics: Theory and Application," Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Adachi, S., 2012, "Fundamentals of Kalman Filter," Tokyo Denki University Press.
- Kalman, R., 1960, "A New Approach to Linear Filtering and Prediction Problems," Journal of basic Engineering, Vol. 82, No. 1, pp. 35-45. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3662552
- Venhovens, P. and Naab, K., 1999, "Vehicle Dynamics Estimation using Kalman Filters," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 32, No. 2-3, pp. 171-184. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.22.214.171.1248
- Cheng, C. and Cebon, D., 2011, "Parameter and State Estimation for Articulated Heavy Vehicles, Vehicle System Dynamics," Vol. 49, No. 1-2, pp. 399-418. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110903406656