- Volume 41 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Powerlock Inner Ring Shape, Bolt-fastening Force, and Friction on Power Transmission Performance
파워록 형상 및 마찰이 동력전달 성능에 미치는 영향 분석
- Kim, Dae Rae (Reliability Evaluation Team, Kyungshin Corp.) ;
- Jang, Yeon-Hui (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. Sci. and Tech.) ;
- Jang, Myung-Geun (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. Sci. and Tech.) ;
- Park, Jin-Ah (Jatco Korea) ;
- Kim, Jong-Bong (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. Sci. and Tech.)
- 김대래 ((주)경신 신뢰성평가팀) ;
- 장연희 (서울과학기술대학교 자동차공학과) ;
- 장명근 (서울과학기술대학교 자동차공학과) ;
- 박진아 ;
- 김종봉 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2016.09.15
- Accepted : 2016.11.05
- Published : 2017.03.01
A powerlock is used to transmit torque between two shafts, to protect important equipment from overloads, and to compensate for the misalignment of assembled shafts. In this study, the effect of the shapes of the inner rings, bolt-fastening force, and friction on power transmission performance of powerlocks is investigated. Finite element analysis and experiments were conducted for two cases, and the analysis results were validated. Analyses were carried out for inner rings of various shapes and for various values of bolt-fastening force and friction coefficient. The main factors that affect the torque transmission performance were investigated based on the analysis results.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Cho, Y. T., Lee, K. Y. and Lee, C. H., 2010, "Development of Flexible Urethane-key Coupling," J. Korean Soc. Machine Tool Eng., Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 667-671.
- Park, J. A., Lee, H. K. and Kim, J. B., 2014, "A Performance Analysis of Powerlock," Proc. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Spring, p. 605.
- Kang, J. H., Bae, J. W., On, H. Y. and Kwon, Y. C., 2015, "Tapered Joint Design for Power Transmission of MW-grade Wind Turbine," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 11, pp. 1183-1189. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.11.1183
- Croccolo, D. and Vincenzi, N., 2009, "A Generalized Theory for Shaft-hub Couplings," Proc. of the Institution of Mech. Eng., Part C, J. Mech. Eng. Sci., Vol. 223, pp. 2231-2239. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544062JMES1437
- Lee, H. S. and Lee, Y. S., 2010, "Optimal Design of Slipper Metal for Power Transmission in Aluminum Hot Rolling Process," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, No. 10, pp. 1437-1442. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.10.1437
- Seo, W. S., Kim, S. M. and Kim, J. B., 2013, "A Study on the Torque Transmitting Capability of a Disk Coupling by Finite Element Analysis," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 11, pp. 1171-1177. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.11.1171
- Lee, H. K., Kim, B. R., Kim, S. M. and Kim, J. B., 2013, "A Structural Analysis and Optimization of a 60 N ․ m Class Flexible Disk Coupling," J. Korean Soc. Manufac. Technol. Eng., Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 774-781.
- Kim, B. O. and Kim, Y. C., 2003, "A Study on Development the Dynamic Model to Misaligned Gear Coupling (I)," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 857-863. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.6.857
- Lee, D. H., Kwon, S. J., Choi, J. B. and Kim, Y. J., 2007, "Experimental Study on Fatigue Crack Initiation and Propagation due to Fretting Damage in Press-fitted Shaft," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 701-709. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.6.701
- Lee, D. H., Kwon, S. J., Choi, J. B. and Kim, Y. J., 2007, "The Effect of Fretting Wear on Fatigue Life of Press-fitted Shaft," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No. 11, pp. 1083-1092. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.11.1083
- Lee, D. H., Kwon, S. J., Ham, Y. S. and You, W. H., 2010, "Characterization of Contact Surface Damage in a Press-fitted Shaft below the Fretting Fatigue Limit," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 27, No. 8, pp. 42-47.
- Kim, D. R., 2016, "An Investigation on the Power Transmission Performance of Powerlock," M. S. Thesis, Seoul Nat.l Univ. Sci. Tech.
- Ma, D., Ong, C. W., Lu, J. and He, J., 2003, "Methodology for the Evaluation of Yield Strength and Hardening Behavior of Metallic Materials by Indentation with Spherical Tip," J. Applied Physics, Vol. 94, No. 1, pp. 288-294. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1579862
- Dassault Systemes, 2007, Abaqus users Manual Version 6.4.
- Ugral, A. C., 2004, Mechanical Design: An Integrated Approach, 1st Edition, McGraw-Hill, New-York.