- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Qualitative Study on Utilizing Peer Mentoring for Teachers' Self-efficacy Improvement and Peer Metoring Perception of Pre-Service Music Teachers
동료멘토링을 활용한 중등 예비음악교사들의 교사로서의 자기효능감 향상과 동료멘토링 인식에 대한 질적연구
- 김은진 (고려대학교)
- Received : 2017.02.08
- Accepted : 2017.02.22
- Published : 2017.03.28
The purpose of this study is improving the teachers' self-efficacy for pre-secondary music teachers. The research questions for this study were the improvement for teachers' self-efficacy for pre-secondary music teachers and the pre-secondary music teachers' perception about peer mentoring. In this study performed the interview and analyzed the in self-reflection journal in order to identify the improvement effect of teachers' self-efficacy and the participants' perception change in the peer mentoring. As the results from analyzing the change in participant's perception about peer mentoring the mentors had the opportunity to review previous learning contents and practice experiences while developing their team activity and for the mentees. Mentees said that they were given various help from the mentors' advices and their interactions and communication with mentors. From these results, it could identify that there was positive change in participant's perception about the peer mentoring. Based on these results, this study analyzed that it would need to require some chances for pre-secondary music teachers to be given some educational practice and field experience utilizing various teaching methods in order to improve their self-efficacy and the perception of peer mentoring.
Teachers' Self-efficacy;Sources of the Self-efficacy;Peer Mentoring
- R. E. Bleicher and J. Lindgren, "Success in science learning and preservice science teaching self-efficacy," Journal of Science Teacher Education, Vol.16, pp.205-225, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10972-005-4861-1
- A. Tigchelaar and F. Korthagen, "Deepening the exchange of student teaching experiences: implications for the pedagogy of teacher education of recent insights into teacher behavior," Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol.20, pp.665-679, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2004.07.008
- 강숙희, "효과적인 교수행동에 대한 예비교사들의 중요도와 실행도 인식," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.520-528, 2015.
- J. A. Centra, Reflective Faculty Evaluation: Enhancing teaching and determining faculty effectiveness, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1993.
- 박성혜, "중등 교사양성과정 중 교과교재연구 및 지도법이 예비교사들의 교수효능감과 교과교육학지식에 미치는 영향," 한국교원교육연구, 제25권, 제1호, pp.209-233, 2008.
- S. Gibsion and M. H. Dembo, "Teacher efficacy: A construct validation," Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.76, No.4, pp.559-582, 1984.
- I. M. Riggs and L. G. Enochs, "Toward the development of an elementary teacher's science teaching efficacy beliefs instrument," Science Education, Vol.74, No.6, pp.625-637, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730740605
- 최미영. "초등음악교사의 음악교수효능감에 따른 교수행동 분석," 음악교육연구, 제43권, 제3호, pp.193-217, 2014.
- L. R. Austin and P. J. Miksza, "Trying on teaching: Effects of a precollegiate music teacher recruitment program," Journal of Music Education, Vol.21, No.2, pp.14-27, 2012.
- M. Tschannen-Moran and A. W. Hoy, "Teacher efficacy: Capturing an elusive construct," Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol.17, pp.783-805, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0742-051X(01)00036-1
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy: The exercise of control, New York: Freeman & Company, 1997.
- T. D. Allen, "Mentoring others: A dispositional and motivational approach," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.62, pp.134-154, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-8791(02)00046-5
- A. Ambrosetti and A. Dekkers, "The interconnectedness of the roles of mentors and mentees in pre-service teacher education mentoring relationships," Australian Journal of Teacher Education, Vol.35, No.6, pp.42-55, 2010.
- K. Goodnough, P. Osmond, D. Dibbon, M. Glassman, and K. Stevens, "Exploring a triad model of student teaching: Pre-service teacher and cooperating teacher perceptions," Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol.25, No.2, pp.285-296, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2008.10.003
- R. Le Cornu, Learning circles in the practicum: An initiative in peer mentoring. Paper presented at the 2007 ATEA Conference "Quality in Teacher Education: Considering Different Perspectives and Agendas," The University of Wollongon, NSW, 2007.
- J. A. Hatch, 교육 상황에서 질적연구 수행하기, 진영은 역, 학지사, 2013.
- Bogdan and Bikle, Qualitative research for education: An intreduction to theory and methods, Allyn& Bacon, 1992.
- R. T. Eichelberge, Disciplined inaquiry: Understanding and doing educational reseach, White Plains, Lingman, 1989.
- 신혜경, "중등에비교사들의 교육실습을 통한 음악교사 효능감 변화," 학습자중심교과교육연구, 제15권, 제12호, pp.111-135, 2015.
- P. Ashton, "Teacher efficacy: A motivational paradigm for effective teacher education," Journal of Teacher Education, Vol.35, No.5, pp.28-32, 1984.
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Professional Standards for the Accreditation of Schools, Colleges, and Departments of Education, 2002 Edition. Washington D. C.: NCAETE, 2002.
- K. Tobin, D. Tippins, and A. Gallard, Research on Instructional Strategies for Teaching Science. In Handbook of Research on Science Teaching and Learning, edited by D. Gabel, pp.45-93, New York: Macmullan, 1994.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change," Asian Psychological Review, Vol.84, No.2, pp.191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- C. B. Hodges, "Self-efficacy in the context of online learning environments: A review of the literature and directions for research," Performance Improvement Quarterly, Vol.20, No.3-4, 2008.
- F. S. Mohamaid and H. Asadzadeh, "Testing the mediating role of teachers' self-efficacy beliefs in the relationship between sources of efficacy information and student achievement," Asia Pacific Education Review, Vol.13, No.3, pp.427-433, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12564-011-9203-8
- S. Garvis and D. Pendergast, "An investigation of early childhood teacher self-efficacy beliefs in the teaching of arts education," Intranational Journal of Education & the Arts, Vol.12, No.9, pp.1-15, 2011.
- R. D. Goddard, W. K. Hoy, and A. W. Hoy, "Collective teacher efficacy: Its meaning, measure, and impact on student achievement," American Educational Research Journal, Vol.37, No.2, pp.479-507, 2000. https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312037002479
- 양민화, 권효진, "학교폭력 예방 및 대책' 수업이 한국예비중등교사의 교수효능감과 교수신념에 미치는 영향," 인문사회과학연구, 제50권, pp.95-112, 2016.
- R. D. Goddard, "Collective efficacy: A neglected construct in the study of schools and student achievement," Journal of Education of Psychology, Vol.93, No.3, pp.467-476, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0618.104.22.1687
- M. Tschannen-Moran and A. W. Hoy, "The differential antecedents of self-efficacy beliefs of novice and experienced teachers," Teaching and teacher Education, Vol.23, No.6, pp.944-956, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2006.05.003
- A. W. Hoy and R. B. Spero, "Changes in teacher efficacy during the early years of teaching: A comparison of four measures," Teaching and teacher education, Vol.21, No.4, pp.343-356, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2005.01.007
- H. R. Milner and A. W. Hoy, "A case study of an African American teacher's self-efficacy, stereotype threat, and persistence," Teaching and teacher Education, Vol.19, No.2, pp.263-276, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0742-051X(02)00099-9
- J. Mulholland and J. Wallace, "Teacher induction and elementary science teaching: Enhancing self-efficacy," Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol.17, No.2, pp.243-261, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0742-051X(00)00054-8
- M. Murray, Beyond the Myths and Magic of Mentoring: How to Facilitate an Effective Mentoring Process, New and Revised Edition, Jossey-Bass: San Francisco, 2002.
- S. Billett, "Workplace mentors: Demands and benefits," Journal of Workplace Learning, Vol.15, No.3, pp.105-113, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/13665620310468441
- M. A. Price and H. Chen, "Promises and challenges: Exploring a collaborative telementoring programme in a pre-service teacher education programme," Mentoring and Tutoring, Vol.11, No.1, pp.105-117, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/1361126032000054844
- M. W. McLaughlin and J. E. Talbert, Building school-based teacher learning communities - Professional strategies to improve student achievement, New York, NY: Teachers College Press, 2006.
- A. Smith, "Mentoring for experienced school principals: Professional learning in a safe place," Mentoring and Tutoring, Vol.15, No.3, pp.277-291, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/13611260701202032
- 이지현, 이용진, 기술.가정과 "발명 기법과 실제' 단원에서 동료멘토링 수업이 자아효능감에 미치는 영향," 대한공업교육학회지, 제37권, pp.65-85, 2012.
- C. Dann and T. Richardson, "Deepening understanding of 'pedagogical outcomes' through video data collection: a catalyst for guided reflective learning conversations," International Journal of Pedagogies and Learning, Vol,10, No.1, pp.62-80, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1080/22040552.2015.1084677
- 김종두, 교육과 의사소통, 양서원, 2000.
- 최상호, 하정미, 김동중, "동료멘토링 교수법에서 교사의 수업 참여전략과 발문전략 분석," 한국학교수학회논문집, 제19권, 제2호, pp.153-176, 2016.
- P. Hudson and J. Millwater, "Mentors' views about developing effective English teaching practices," Australian Journal of Teacher Education, Vol.33, No.5, pp.1-13, 2008.
- M. Izandinia, "A closer look at the role of mentor teachers in shaping preservie teachers' professional identity," Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol.52, pp.1-10, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2015.08.003
- 이지은, 이수진, "멘토링 효과에 영향을 미치는 대학생 멘토의 요인," 교육논총, 제31권, pp.55-74, 2011.
- T. K. A. Dang, "Identity in activity: Examining teacher professional identity formation in the paired-placement of student teachers," Teaching and Teacher Education, Vol.30, pp.47-59, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2012.10.006
- L. G. Driscoll, K. A. Parkes, G. A. Tilley-Lubbs, J. M. Brill, and V. R. Pitts Bannister, "Navigating the lonely sea: Peer mentoring and collaboration among aspiring women scholars," Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, Vol.17, pp.5-21, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/13611260802699532
- T. J. Draves and L. H. Koops, "Peer Mentoring: Key to new music teacher educator success," Journal of Music Teacher Education, Vol.20, No.2, pp.67-77, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/1057083710375538
- I. M. Hanken, "Peer learning in specialist higher music education," Arts & Humanities in Higher Education, Vol.15, No.3-4, pp.364-375, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1177/1474022216647389
- M. Patton, Qualitative research and evaluation methods (3rd ed.), Thousand Oaks:Sage Publication, 2002.
- P. F. Colaizzi, Psychological Research as the Phenomenologist Views It. In R. S. Valle & M. King (Eds.), Existential-Phenomenological Alternatives for Psychology, New York: Oxford University Press, 1978.
- 이혜정, "중등교사 역할에 대한 예비교사들의 인식," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제4호, pp.500-512, 2014.
- D. H. Palmer, "Sources of self-efficacy in a science methods course for primary teacher education students," Research in Science Education, Vol.36, pp.337-353, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11165-005-9007-0