- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Service Experience on Service Loyalty in Resort Service Setting: Causal Role of Corporate Image, Service Trust and Affective Commitment
리조트 서비스경험이 서비스충성도에 미치는 영향: 기업이미지, 서비스신뢰 및 감정적 몰입의 인과적 역할
- 최철재 (단국대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2016.11.28
- Accepted : 2016.12.19
- Published : 2017.03.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the structural relationship between service experience, corporate image, service trust, affective commitment and service loyalty in leisure service environment, and explain the causal role of corporate image, service trust and affective commitment. To this end, hypothesis was verified by structural equation model analysis using SPSS 23.0 and AMOS 20.0 statistical package. The result of the study as follows: First, service experience influenced corporate image and service trust but not affective commitment. Second, corporate image influenced service trust and service loyalty but not affective commitment. Third, service trust influenced affective commitment and service loyalty, Finally, affective commitment affected service loyalty. Therefore, service providers should raise corporate image and build the service loyalty by following the user to experience excellent service in a cognitive and affective aspects. Also, by motivating the customer to have affective commitment to the service trust, You need to plan and implement a marketing strategy that can increase loyalty.
Service Experience;Corporate Image;Service Trust;Affective Commitment;Service Loyalty
Supported by : 단국대학교
- W. Reinartz and W. Ulaga, "How to Sell Services More Profitably," Harvard Business Review, Vol.86, pp.90-96, 2008.
- 이유재, 서비스마케팅 제5판, 학현사, 2013.
- A. R. Ismail, T. C. Melewar, and L. Lim, Linking Experience Realms and Experimental Service Brand Loyalty: Determinants and Outcomes for Future Operationalization, Brunel University Research Archive, UK, MA, 2008.
- O. Iglesis, J. J. Singh, and J. M. Batista-Foguet, "The Role of Brand Experience Affective Commitment in Determining Brand Loyalty," Brand Management, Vol.18, No.8, pp.570-582, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1057/bm.2010.58
- J. H. Gilmore and B. I. I. Pine, "Customer Experience Places: The New Offering Frontier," Strategy & Leadership, Vol.30, pp.4-11, 2002.
- F. Lemke, M. Clark, and H. Wilson, "Customer Experience Quality: An Exploration in Business and Consumer Contexts Using Repertory Grid Technique," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.39, No.16, pp.846-869, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-010-0219-0
- D. I. MacInnis and I. I. Price, "The Role of Imagery in Information Processing Review and Extensions," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.13, pp.473-491, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/209082
- G. LeBlanc and N. Nguyen, "Cues Used by Customers Evaluating Corporate Image in Service Firms: An Empirical Study in Financial Institutions," International J. of Service Industry Management, Vol.7, No.2, pp.44-56, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239610113460
- R. A. Jarvinen, "Consumer Trust in Banking Relationships in Europe," International J. of Bank Marketing, Vol.32, No.6, pp.551-566, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJBM-08-2013-0086
- J. Pine and J. H. Gilmore, "Welcome to the Experience Ecomomy," Harvard Business Review, Vol.76, pp.97-106, 1998.
- P. Klaus and S. Maklan, "The Role of Brands in a Service-Dominated World," J. of Brand Management, Vol.15, No.2, pp.115-122, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.bm.2550121
- W. R. Swinyard, "The Effects of Mood, Involvement, and Quality of Store Experience on Shopping Intentions," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.20, pp.271-280, 1973.
- A. Payne, K. Storbacka, and P. Frow, "Managing the Co-Creation of Value," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.36, pp.83-96, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-007-0070-0
- P. C. Verhoel, P. H. Franses, and J. C. Hoekstra, "The Effect of Relational Constructs on Customer Referrals and Number of Services Purchased from a Multiservice Provider: Does Age of Relationship Matter?," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.30, No.3, pp.202-216, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070302303002
- U. Jutter, D. Schaffner, K. Windler, and S. Maklan, "Customer Service Experience: Developing and Applying a Sequential Incident Laddering Technique," European J. of Marketing, Vol.17, No.5/6, pp.738-768, 2013.
- U. Jutter, D. Schaffner, K. Windler, and S. Maklan, "Customer Service Experience: Developing and Applying a Sequential Incident Laddering Technique," European J. of Marketing, Vol.47, No.5/6, pp.738-768, 2012.
- V. Liljander and T. Strandvik, "Emotions in Service Satisfaction," International J. of Service Industry Management, Vol.8, No.2, pp.148-169, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239710166272
- L. Berry, L. Carbone, and S. Haeckel, "Managing the Total Customer Experience," MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol.43, No.3, pp.85-86, 2002.
- B. Edvardsson, "Service Quality: Beyond Cognitive Assessment," Management Service Quality, Vol.15, No.2, pp.127-131, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520510585316
- D. A. Arker, Building Strong Brands, Free Press, New York, 1996.
- J. M. T. Balmer, "Corporate Identity and The Advent of Corporate Marketing," J. of Marketing Management, Vol.14, No.8, pp.963-965, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725798784867536
- J. Bosch, E. Venter, Y. Han, and C. Boshoff, "The Impact of Brand Identity on The Perceived Brand Image of a Merged Higher Education Institution: Part Two," Management Dynamics, Vol.15, No.3, pp.36-54, 2006.
- C. Flavian, M. Guinliu, and E. Torres, "The Influence of Corporate Image on Consumer Trust: A Comparative Analysis in Traditional Versus Internet Banking," Internet Research, Vol.15, No.4, pp.447-470, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/10662240510615191
- R. Chun and G. Davies, "The Influence of Corporate Character on Customers and Employees: Exploring Similarities and Differences," J. of Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.34, No.2, pp.138-146, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070305284975
- J. Minkiewiez, J. Evans, K. Bridson, and F. Mavondo, "Corporate Image in the Leisure Services Sector," J. of Services Marketing, Vol.25, No.2, pp.190-201, 2009.
- C. Groroos, Service Management and Marketing, Lexington, Toronto, 1990.
- W. M. Yee and R. M. W. Yeung, "An Empirical Examination of the Role of Trust in Consumer and Supplier Relationship of Little Direct Contact: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach," J. of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing, Vol.22, No.1/2, pp.143-163, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/08974430903373003
- C. Castelfranchi and R. Falcone, Trust Theory: A Socio-Cognitive and Computational Model, John Wiley and Sons Ltd, Chichester, 2010.
- R. Morgan and S. Hunt, "The Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing," J. of Marketing, Vol.58, pp.20-38, 1994.
- M. S. Kennedy, I. Ferrell, and D. LeClair, "Consumers' Trust of Sales Person and Manufacturer: An Empirical Study," J. of Business Research, Vol.51, pp.73-86, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(99)00039-9
- R. C. Mayer, J. H. Davis, and F. D. Schoorman, "An Integrative Model of Organizational Trust," Academy of Management Review, Vol.20, No.1, pp.709-734, 1995. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1995.9508080335
- S. Ganesan, "Determinants of Long-Term Orientation in Buyer-Seller Relationships," J. of Marketing, Vol.58, No.2, pp.1-9, 1994.
- C. Moorman, G. Zaltman, and R. Deshpande, "Relationships Between Providers and Users of Marketing Research: The Dynamics of Trust Between Organizations," J. of Marketing Research, Vol.29, No.3, pp.314-329, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172742
- H. S. Bansal, P. G. Irving, and S. F. Taylor, "A Three Component Model of Customer Commitment to Service Providers," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.32, No.3, pp.234-250, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070304263332
- K. A. Venetis and P. N. Ghauri, "Service Quality and Customer Retention: Building Long-Term Relationships," European J. of Marketing, Vol.38, No.11/12, pp.1577-1598, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560410560254
- F. F. Reichheld, The Loyalty Effect, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, USA, 1996.
- K. P. Gwinner, D. D. Gremler, and M. J. Bitner, "Relationship Benefits in Services Industries: The Customer's Perspective," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.26, No.2, pp.101-115, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070398262002
- J. M. Adams and W. H. Johns, Handbook of Interpersonal Commitment and Relationship Stability, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York, 1999.
- T. Johns, G. I. Fox, S. F. Taylor, and L. R. Fabrigar, "Service Customer Commitment and Response," J. of Services Marketing, Vol.24, No.1, pp.16-28, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041011017862
- T. W. Gruen, J. O. Summers, and F. Acito, "Relationship Marketing Activities, Commitment, and Memberships Behavior in Professional Association," J. of Marketing, Vol.64, pp.34-49, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20630
- R. M. Cunningham, "Brand Loyalty-What, Where, How Much," Harvard Business Review, Vol.39, pp.116-138, 1956.
- G. S. Day, "A Two Dimensional Concept of Brand Loyalty," J. of Advertising Research, Vol.9, pp.29-36, 1969.
- A. S. Dick and K. Basu, "Customer Loyalty: Toward An Integrated Conceptual Framework," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.2, pp.99-113, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001
- D. D. Glemler and S. W. Brown, "Service Loyalty : Its Nature, Importance and Implications," in B. Edvarssson, S. W. Brown, R. Johnston and E. E. Scheuing(Eds.), Proceedings American Marketing Association, pp.171-180, 1996.
- A. Caruana and M. Msida, "Service Loyalty: The Effects of Service Quality and the Mediating Role of Customer Satisfaction," European J. of Marketing, Vol.36, No.7/8, pp.811-828, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560210430818
- B. Edvardsson, "Service Quality: Beyond Cognitive Assessment," Managing Service Quality, Vol.15, No.2, pp.127-131, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520510585316
- I. Berry, I. Carbone, and S. Haeckel, "Managing the Total Customer Experience," MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol.43, No.3, pp.85-89, 2002.
- N. Nguyen and G. LeBlanc, "The Mediating Role of Corporate Image on Customers' Retention Decisions: An Investigation in Financial Services," International J. of Bank Marketing, Vol.16, No.2, pp.52-65, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652329810206707
- R. A. Westbrook and R. L. Oliver, "The Dimensionality of Consumption Emotion Patterns and Consumer Satisfaction," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.18, pp.84-91, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1086/209243
- H. Mano and R. L. Oliver, "Assessing the Dimensionality and Structure of the Consumption Experience: Evaluation, Feeling, and Satisfaction," J. of Consumer Research, Vol.20, pp.451-466, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1086/209361
- C. Castelfranchi and R. Falcone, Trust Theory: A Socio-Cognitive and Computational Model, John Wiley and Sons Ltd, Chichester, 2010.
- R. A. Kerin, A. Jin, and D. J. Howard, "Store Shopping Experience and Consumer Price-Quality-Value Perceptions," J. of Retailing, Vol.68, No.4, pp.376-397, 1992.
- K. Storbacka, "Customer Relationship Profitability-Propositions for Analysis of Relationship and Customer Bases," Research Conference on Relationship Marketing, Atlanta, 11-13, June, 1994.
- L. L. Berry and A. Parasuraman, Marketing Services, Competing, Through Quality, The Free Press, New York, 1991.
- J. M. Lehu, Fidelizar al Cliente, Piados, Barcelona, 2001.
- S. Kaul, A. Sahay, and A. Koshy, "Impact of Initial-Trust-Image on Shopper Trust and Patronage Intentions: A Study of Young, Male Apparel Shoppers in India," International J. of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol.38, No.4, pp.275-296, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590551011032090
- S. B. Sitkin and N. L. Roth, "Explaining the Limited Effectiveness of Legalistic 'Remedies' for Trust/Mistrust," Organization Science, Vol.4, No.3, pp.367-392, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.4.3.367
- J. S. Johns and M. J. Georges, "Value-Expressive Versus Utilitarian Advertising Appeals" When and Why to Use Which Appeal," J. of Advertising, Vol.20, No.3, pp.23-33, 1998.
- I. E. Ogba and Z. Tan, "Exploring the Impact of Brand Image on Customer Loyalty and Commitment in China," Journal of Technology Management, Vol.4, No.2, pp.132-144, 2009.
- O. Helgesen and J. I. Havold, and E. Nesset, "Impacts of Store and Chain Images on the "Quality-Satisfaction-Loyalty Process in Petrol Retailing," J. of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.17, No.2, pp.110-118, 2010.
- M. J. Sirgy and A. C. Samli, "A Path Analytic Model of Store Loyalty Involving Self-Concept, Store Image, Geographic Loyalty, and Socioeconomic Status," J. of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.13, No.3, pp.265-291, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02729950
- N. Sirohi, E .W. McLaughin, and D. R. Wittink, "A Model of Consumer Perceptions and Store Loyalty Intentions for a Supermarket Retailer," J. of Retailing, Vol.74, No.2, pp.223-245, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(99)80094-3
- C. Moorman, G. Zaltman, and R. Deshpande, "Relationship Between Providers and Users of Marketing Research: The Dynamics of Trust Within and Between Organizations," J. of Marketing Research, Vol.29, pp.314-329, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172742
- R. Dwyer, P. Schurr and D. Oh, "Developing Buyer-Seller Relationships," J. of Marketing, Vol.51, pp.11-27, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251126
- 최철재, "치과 서비스특성과 신뢰 및 고객충성도 관계에서 감정적몰입과 계산적몰입의 인과적 역할," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제1호, pp.541-557, 2016.
- G. T. Lau and S. H. Lee, "Consumers' Trust in a Brand and the Link to Brand Loyalty," J. of Market-Focused Management, Vol.4, pp.341-370, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009886520142
- P. M. Doney and J. P. Cannon, "An Examination of the Nature of Trust in Buyer-Seller Relationships," J. of Marketing, Vol.61, pp.35-51, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- 황인형, 최철재, "지각된 모바일서비스품질과 관계품질," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제10호, pp.517-534, 2015.
- H. Evanschitzky, G. R. Iyer, H. Plassmann, J. Niessing, and H. Meffert, "The Relative Strength of Affective Commitment in Securing Loyalty in Service Relationships," J. of Business Research, Vol.59, pp.1207-1213, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.08.005
- J. J. Brakus, B. H. Schmitt, and I. Zarantonello, "Brand Experience: What is it? How is it Measured? Does it Affect Loyalty?," J. of Marketing, Vol.73, No.3, pp.52-68, 2009.
- B. Schmitt, "Experimental Marketing," J. of Marketing Management, Vol.15, No.1/3, pp.53-67, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725799784870496
- S. Lee and M. Jeong, "Enhancing Online Brand Experience: An Application of Congruity Theory," International J. of Hospitality Management, Vol.40, pp.49-58, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2014.03.008
- R. M. Worcester, "Managing the Image of Your Bank: The Glue That Binds," International J. of Bank Marketing, Vol.15, No.5, pp.146-152, 1999.
- D. Johnson and K. Grayson, "Cognitive and Affective Trust in Service Relationships," J. of Business Research, Vol.58, pp.500-507, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(03)00140-1
- A. Zur, C. Leckie, and M. W. Cynthia, "Cognitive and Affective Trust Between Australian Exports and Their Overseas Buyers," Australian Marketing J., Vol.20, pp.73-79, 년도삽입.
- A. S. Gill, A. B. Flaschner, and M. Shachar, "Factor that Affect the Trust of Business Clients in Their Banks," International J. of Bank Marketing, Vol.24, No.6, pp.384-405, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320610701726
- I. Oriol, J. S. Jatinder, and M. B. John, "The Role of Brand Experience and Affective Commitment in Determining Brand Loyalty," Brand Management, Vol.18, No.8, pp.570-582, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1057/bm.2010.58
- K. Bridson, J. Evans, and M. Hickman, "Assessing the Relationship Between Loyalty Program Attributes, Store Satisfaction and Store Loyalty," J. of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.15, No.5, pp.364-374, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2007.08.004
- T. Johns and S. F. Taylor, "Service Loyalty: Accounting for Social Capital," J. of Services Marketing, Vol.26, No.1, pp.60-74, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041211199733