- Volume 17 Issue 3
Today, the term of fusion, such as technology convergence and industrial convergence, is emerging as one of the most important trends in our society. The purpose of this study is to analyze the convergence coefficient of each industry using patent data and to analyze the convergence phenomenon in industry based on convergence coefficient. To do this, 2011-2015 Korean patent data were utilized. The research findings revealed that the ICC by industry was the highest in order of man-made fibres, paints/varnishes, petroleum products/nuclear fuel and other chemicals. Also, according to the inter-industry convergence matrix, the number of convergence patents was the greatest in order of office machinery and computers, special purpose machinery industries and Measuring instruments. Added same analysis was conducted through Industry with high number of patents. As a result, the convergence has been actively carried out in the fields of optical instruments, Basic chemical, Fabricated metal products, Measuring instruments and special purpose machine manufacturing industries.
Patent Analysis;Industrial Convergence;Technology Convergence;International Patent Classification
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- Y. G. Bae and H. K. Kong, "A Qualitative Meta-Analysis on Convergence around ICT Sector," UNESST 2010, CCIS Vol.124, pp.195-205, 2010.
- H. Fredric, M. Christian, and F. Fritz, "Coevolutionary Cycles of Convergence: An Extrapolation from the ICT Industry," Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Vol.76, pp.723-736, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2009.03.003
- 이원상, 손소영, "빅데이터 기술을 활용한 대용량 삼극특허 분석 기반의 기술융복합 패턴 예측," 대한산업공학회 추계학술대회 논문집, pp.1153-1170, 2013.
- 최나린, 현병환, 김방룡, "우리나라 BT융합기술시장의 특성에 관한 실증연구," 기술혁신학회지 제15권, 제2호, pp.299-322, 2012.
- S. Ulrich, L. Francoise, P. Pari, and F. Rainer, Linking Technology Area to Industry Sectors, Final Report to the European Commission, DG Research, 2003
- 김방룡, 황성현, "특허 정보를 활용한 IT 유망기술 도출에 관한 연구," 한국통신학회논문지, 제34권, 제10호, pp.1021-1030, 2009.
- 황성현, "특허분석을 활용한 경북지역 주력산업 현황분석 및 시사점," 한국지역사회학회 발표논문, 2015.
- D. Archibugi, "Patent as indicator of technological innovation," Sci Public Policy, Vol.17, pp.357-368, 1992
- D. Archibugi and M. Pianta, "Aggregate convergence and sectoral specialization in innovation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Vol.4, pp.17-33, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01200835
- P. R. Kim and S. H. Hwang, "A Study on the Identification of Cutting-Edge ICT-Based Converging Technologies," ETRI Journal, Vol.34, pp.602-612, 2011.
- R. Evenson and J. Putnam, The Yale-Canada patent flow concordance, Yale University, Economic Growth Centre Working Paper, 1988.
- B. Verspagen, T. V. Morgastel, and M. Slabbers, MERIT concordance table: IPC-ISIC(rev. 2), Maastricht: MERIT Research Memorandum 2/94-004, 1994.
- D. K. N. Johnson, The OECD Technology Concordance (OTC): Patents by Industry of Manufacture and Sector of Use, STI Working Papers, OECD, 2002.
- 김지은, 이성주, "특허정보를 활용한 산업융합성평가 방법론," 대한산업공학회 추계학술대회 발표논문집, pp.1220-1235, 2012.
- G. Alfonso and T. Salvatore, "Does Technological Convergence Imply Convergence in Markets? Evidence from the Electronics Industry," Research Policy, Vol.27, pp.445-463, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-7333(98)00062-6