- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Investigation on Electromagnetic Field Characteristics of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine Considering Harmonics of Phase Current due to Influence of Mechanical Energy Storage System
- Park, Yu-Seop (Department of Electrical Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2017.02.17
- Accepted : 2017.03.15
- Published : 2017.03.31
This paper investigates the influence of mechanical energy storage on the interior permanent magnet synchronous machine (IPMSM) when it is operated in the generating mode. An IPMSM with six-poles and nine-slots employing concentrated coil winding type is considered as the analysis model, and a surface-mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor directly connected to a heavy wheel is applied as the mechanical energy storage system by using the moment of inertia. Based on the constructed experimental set-up with manufactured machines and power converters, the generated electrical energy is converted into the mechanical energy, and the electromagnetic filed characteristics of IPMSM are subsequently investigated by applying the measured phase current of IPMSM based on finite element method. Compared to the characteristics in a no-load condition, it is confirmed that the magnetic behavior, radial force, and power loss characteristics are highly influenced by the harmonics of the phase current due to the mechanical energy storage system.
Supported by : Korea National University of Transportation
- P. Zhou, D. Lin, G. Wimmer, N. Lambert, and Z. J. Cendes, IEEE Trans. Magn. 46, 8 (2010).
- W. Ren, Q. Xu, Q, Li, and L. Zhou, IEEE Trans. Magn. 52, 7 (2016).
- C. Xia, L. Guo, Z. Zhang, T. Shi, and H. Wang, IEEE Trans. Magn. 51, 12 (2015).
- H. S. Chen, D. G. Dorrel, and M. C. Tsai, IEEE Trans. Magn. 46, 9 (2010).
- J. V. D Veen, L. J. J. Offringa, and A. J. A. Vandenput, IEE Proc.-Electr. Power Appl. 144, 5 (1997).
- H. Polinder and M. J. Hoeijmakers, IEE Proc.-Electr. Power Appl. 146, 3 (1999).
- Y. Huang, J. Dong, L. Jin, J. Zhu, and Y. Guo, IEEE Trans. Magn. 47, 10 (2011).
- S. M. Jang, H. K. Kim, J. Y. Choi, and K. J. Ko, J. Appl. Phys. 105, 7 (2009).
- T. Sun, J. M. Kim, G. H. Lee, J. P. Hong, and M. R. Choi, IEEE Trans. Magn. 47, 5 (2010).
- Y. S. Park, M. M. Koo, S. M. Jang, H. I. Park, and J. Y. Choi, IEEE Trans. Energy Convers. 28, 4 (2013).