- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Steady-State Current Characteristics for Squirrel Cage Induction Motor according to Design Variables of Rotor Bars using Time Difference Finite Element Analysis
- Kim, Young Sun (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Joongbu University)
- 투고 : 2017.01.13
- 심사 : 2017.02.15
- 발행 : 2017.03.31
Induction motors have wide applicability in many fields, both in industrial sectors and households, for their advantages of a high efficiency and robust structure. The introduction of power-source-containing harmonics into the induction motor winding lowers its efficiency and increases its temperature, greatly affecting its operation characteristics. In this study, we performed an electromagnetic field analysis using the time-difference finite-element method with the purpose of analyzing the steady-state current characteristics of an induction motor. Additionally, we calculated the steady-state current with a method combining an electromagnetic field equation and a circuit equation. In the electromagnetic field analysis, the nonlinearity was taken into account using the Newton-Raphson method, and a backward time-difference method was employed for the time derivative term. Then, we compared the steady-state current of the induction motor obtained by calculation with the experimentally measured values, thus validating the proposed algorithm. Furthermore, we analyzed the impacts of the shape and material of the rotor conductor bar of the induction motor on the steady-state current of the main winding.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- R. P. Zambrano, Transient Analysis of Induction Machines Using Finite Elements, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York (1989).
- H. B. Lee, Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National University, Korea (1995).
- B. F. Istfan, Ph. D. Thesis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA (1987).
- S. Williamson and J. W. Ralph, IEE Proc. 129, 391 (1982).
- K. Muramatsu, T. Nakata, N. Takahashi, and K. Fujiwara, IEEE Trans. Magn. 28, 1186 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1109/20.123897
- S. J. Salon and J. M. Schneider, IEEE Trans. Magn. 18, 461 (1990).
- F. Bouillault and A. Razek, IEEE Trans. Magn. 19, 2639 (1983). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.1983.1062845