- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design and Characteristics Analysis of the 78 kWe Grade Synchronous Generator for Disused Diesel Engines
- Youn, Jun-Seop (Rotating Machinery Center, Korea Testing Certification) ;
- Kim, Hae-Joong (Rotating Machinery Center, Korea Testing Certification) ;
- Kim, Youn-Hwan (Rotating Machinery Center, Korea Testing Certification) ;
- Moon, Jae-Won (Rotating Machinery Center, Korea Testing Certification)
- Received : 2016.07.28
- Accepted : 2017.01.26
- Published : 2017.03.31
This study dealt with the design process of the 78 kW permanent magnet synchronous generator for engines. After the calculation of the basic dimensions through a theoretical method in the process of initial model design, FEA (finite-element analysis) and a d,q-axis equivalent circuit were used to identify the generator characteristics depending on the number of poles. With the use of the space harmonic analysis method, the back-EMF (electromotive force) and THD were checked, and then the number of slots was determined. In addition, the most optimized generator dimensions were determined through a sizing optimization technique. Based on this, the optimum model with enhanced efficiency, material costs, and temperature characteristics was derived, and the availability of the design method was confirmed through a comparative analysis of the initial and optimum models.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- A. Elmitwally and M. Rashed, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 26, 1 (2011).
- W. J. Lee, H. J. Lee, and H. J. Cha, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers 63, 10 (2014). https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.1.010
- T. J. Lee, J. M. Jo, C. H. Shin, and H. J. Cha, the Korean Institute of Power Electronics (2015) pp. 147-148.
- K. Kamiev, J. Nerg, J. Pyrhonen, V. Zaboin, and J. Tapia, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 28, 4 (2013).
- H. Markiewicz and A. Klajn, Standard EN 50160-Voltage characteristics in public distribution systems, Power Quality Application Guide (2004).
- Lloyd's Register Rules and Regulations for the Classification of Ships 6, 2 (2011).
- K. Kamiev, J. Pyrhönen, J. Nerg, Senior Member, V. Zaboin, and J. Tapia, Member, IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion 28, 4 (2013).