- Volume 16 Issue 1
Tourism is a sector that plays an important role in the economic growth of Indonesia. Bandung as the capital of West Java province is known as the city with diverse tourism potential, both in the attractiveness of the city and surrounding natural beauty. DHR is a three stars resort hotel in the city with a strategic location. As a three stars resort hotel, DHR has been experiencing occupancy rate problems, consequently, it cannot often reach the set targets, both during high season and low season. The purpose of this study is to identify the factors of hotel performance that influences consumer staying back decision in the future. Questionnaires have been distributed to hotel guests to gather information regarding their interest and the performance assessment of the hotel services and facilities, and staying back decision in the future. Discriminant Analysis and Hypothesis Testing are used to determine which hotel performance variables will directly affect consumer staying back decision. The result of this study provide marketing strategy that should be implemented by the hotel management in order to increase its occupancy rate.
Tourism;Marketing Strategy;Discriminant Analysis;Hypothesis Testing
- Barsky, J. and Labagh, R. (1992), A strategy for customer satisfaction, The Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 35(3), 32-40.
- Barsky, J. and Nash L. (2003), Customer satisfaction: applying concepts to industry-wide measures, The Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 44(4), 173-183. https://doi.org/10.1177/001088040304400523
- Gozaly, J. (2015), Consumer analysis for increasing occupancy rates of tourism hotel, Proceedings of Abstracts and Papers of the 16th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering & Management Systems Conference (APIEMS 2015), VNU-HCMC Press and Authors, 1567-1572.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., and Anderson, R. E. (2006), Multivariate Data Analysis 6th edition, Pearson International Edition, 101-164, 269-354.
- Leisen, B. and Vance, C. (2001), Cross-national assesment of service quality in telecommunication, Journal of Marketing, 11(5), 307-317.
- Lengkoan, M. P. R (2015), Proposal of Marketing Strategy Based on Customer Satisfaction to Increase Occupancy Rate, Department of Industrial Engineering, Maranatha Christian University.
- Lind, Marchal, Wathen (2008), Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics With Global Data Sets 13th edition, McGraw-Hill International Edition, 13, 388-391.
- Mill, R. C. (2002), A comprehensive model of customer satisfaction in hospitality and tourism: Strategic implications for management, International Business & Economic Research Journal, 1(6), 7-18.
- Saleem, H. and Raja, N. S. (2014), The impact of service quality on customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, and brand image: Evidence from hotel industry of pakistan, Journal of Business and Management, 16(1), 117-122.
- Santoso, S. (2012), Aplikasi SPSS Pada Statistik Multivariat, Elex Media Komputindo, 153-204.
- Sekaran, U. (2003), Research Methods for Business, A Skill Building Approach 4th edition, John Wiley & Sons, 185-193, 236-244.
- Zeithaml, V. A., Bitner, M. J., and Gremler, D. D. (2013), Services Marketing 6th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 24-27.