- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The study of Design Surface Treatment Obtained Metal Color in Magnesium Alloy
- Lee, Jung Soon (Research Center, Techtrans Company) ;
- Lee, Hee Myoung (Design of Industrial Design, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2017.02.02
- Accepted : 2017.02.27
- Published : 2017.03.30
The shape of the reflection spectrum is complex and appears to overlap with several signals, because the surface state is uneven due to the natural oxide film, so that the spectrum becomes a complicated signal shape divided into regions 1 and 2 due to diffuse reflection. On the other hand, it is seen that the reflection spectrum after PEO surface treatment is overlapped with several signals. In addition, the reflectance of the energy band varies from 1.32 to 1.46 eV. Usually, the MgO-type oxide film was observed at an energy band of ~4.2 eV. The thickness of the oxide film was increased as the DC voltage was increased by the thin film thickness meter (QuaNix; 7500M) after Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation (; PEO) surface treatment. This is because the higher the DC voltage, the easier the binding of the
- B. L. Mordike, and T. Ebert (2001)., "Magnesium propertiesapplication potential," Materials Science & Engineering (A), 302, p 37. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(00)01351-4
- K. Tokaji, M. Nakajima, and Y. Uematsu (2009)., "Fatigue Crack Propagation and Fracture Mechanisms of Wrought Magnesium Alloys in Different Enviro-nments," International Journal of Fatigue, 31, p. 1137. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2008.12.012
- J. E. Gray, B. Luan, J. Alloys Compd. 336, p. 88.
- G. E. Shahin, Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, Seattle, WA, United States, 2002, p. 263.
- G. L. Makar, J. Kruger, J. Electrochem. Soc. 137 (1990) p. 414. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2086455
- G. Song, A. Atren, D. St. John, X. Wu, J. Nairn, Corr. Sci. 39 (1997) p. 1981. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(97)00090-5
- R. Ambat, N. N. Aung, W. Zhou, Corr. Sci. 42 (2000) p. 1433. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(99)00143-2
- M. M. Avedesian, H. Baker, ASM Spec. Handb. (1999) p. 145.
- G. Song, A. Atrens, M. Dargusch, Corr. Sci. 41 (1999) p. 249.