- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Heat Treatment Method on Properties of ZnO Thin Films Deposited by RF Magnetron Sputtering
- Kim, Deok Kyu (Advanced Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.03.03
- Published : 2017.03.30
ZnO thin films which were deposited by RF magnetron sputtering system were annealed by furnace and insitu heat treatment methods. We investigated the effect of heat treatment method on physical properties of ZnO thin films. The structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films were improved by heat treatment. Through the annealing treatment of ZnO film by furnace, the good crystallinity and ultraviolet emission were obtained. These results are attributed to the improved formation of Zn-O bond in ZnO thin film annealed at by furnace. We confirm that the formation of Zn-O bond plays an important role in obtaining the excellent structural and optical properties of ZnO thin films.
- Y. R. Ryu, T. S. Lee, J. H. Lee, and H. W. White, Appl. Phy. Lett. 83, 4032 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1625787
- J. Y. Lee, Y. S. Choi, J. H. Kim, M. O. Park, and S. Im, Thin Solid Films 403/404, 553 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6090(01)01550-4
- N. Saito, H. Haneda, T. Sekiguchi, N. Ohashi, I. Sakaguchi, and K. Koumoto, Adv. Mater. 14, 418 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-4095(20020318)14:6<418::AID-ADMA418>3.0.CO;2-K
- A. B. M. A. Ashrafi, A. Ueta, A. Avramescu, H. Kumano, and I. Suemune, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 550 (2000).
- Y. Y. Kim, C. H. An, H. K. Cho, J. H. Kim, H. S. Lee, E. S. Jung, and H. S. Kim, Thin Solid Films 516, 5602 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2007.07.108
- J. L. Tian, H. Y. Zhang, G. G. Wang, X. Z. Wang, R. Sun, L. Jin, and J. C. Han, Superlattices and Microstructures 83, 719 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spmi.2015.03.062
- S. Yamaguchi, M. Kariya, M. Kosaki, Y. Yukawa, S. Nitta, H. Amano, and I. Akasaki, J. Appl. Phy. 89, 7820 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1371278
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, 1978, 102.
- A. V. Dijken, E. A. Meulenkamp, D. Vanmaekelbergh, and A. Meijerink, J. Lumin. 90, 123 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-2313(99)00599-2
- X. C. Wang, W. B. Mi, S. Dong, X. M. Chen, and B. H. Yang, J. Alloy. Compd. 478, 507 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2008.11.075
- Y. Zhang, L. Wu, H. Li, J. Xu, L. Han, B. Wang, Z. Tuo, and E. Xie, J. Alloy. Compd. 473, 319 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2008.05.090
- E. De la Rosa, S. S. Guzman, B. R. Jayan, A. Torres, P. Salas, N. Elizondo, and M. J. Yacaman, J. Phys. Chem. C 111, 8489 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp071846t
- V. I. Nefedov, M. N. Firsov, and I. S. Shaplygin, J. Electron. Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom. 26, 65 (1982). https://doi.org/10.1016/0368-2048(82)87006-0