- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Hydrophobic and Mechanical Characteristics of Hydrogenated Amorphous Carbon Films Synthesized by Linear Ar/CH4 Microwave Plasma
- Han, Moon-Ki (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Taehwan (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Cha, Ju-Hong (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hyun (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Hae June (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Ho-Jun (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2016.02.13
- Accepted : 2016.03.11
- Published : 2017.03.30
A 2.45 GHz microwave plasma with linear antenna has been prepared for hydrophobic and wear-resistible surface coating of carbon steel. Wear-resistible properties are required for the surface protection of cutting tools and achieved by depositing a hydrogenated amorphous carbon film on steel surface through linear microwave plasma source that has
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Li QIANG, Bin ZHANG, Kaixiong GAO, Zhenbin GONG, Junyan ZHANG, Hydrophobic, mechanical, and tribological properties of fluorine incorporated hydrogenated fullerene-like carbon films, Friction 1(4): 350-358 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40544-013-0031-1
- Somna S. Mahajan, H. C. Barshilia, B. R. Mehta, and V. D. Vankar, "On the determination of the sp3 to sp2 ratio in diamond-like carbon thin Films", Thin Solid Films 302 (1997), 250-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6090(96)09519-3
- J.C. Lascovich, R. Giorgi and S. Scaglione, "Evaluation of the sp2/ sp3 ratio in amorphous carbon structure by XPS and XAES", Applied Surface Science 47 (1991), 17-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/0169-4332(91)90098-5
- Young-Ho Son, Woo-Chul Jung and Jae-In Jeong , "FTIR Characteristics of Hydrogenated Amorphous Carbon Films Prepared by ECR-PECVD", Journal of the Korean Physical Society, Vol. 39, No. 4, October 2001, pp. 713-717.
- Ilhyun Jung, "Deposition of Amorphous Carbon Layer by PECVD", J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., Vol. 19, No. 3, June 2008, 322-325.
- L. Valentini, J.M. KENNY, "Deposition of hydrogenated amorphous carbon films from CH4/Ar plasmas: Ar dilution effects", Journal of materials science 36 (2001), 5295-5300. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1012422618327
- C. T. Guo, P. C. Chen, "Amorphous hydrogenated carbon coatings on IC packaging mold by ECR-CVD system", Applied Surface Science 253 (2007), 9191-9197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2007.05.045
- J. von Ringleben, Ch. Sundermann, T. Matsutani, M. Kiuchi, W. Ensinger, "Sealing performance of thin amorphous carbon films formed by ion beam assisted deposition at low temperature for protection of aluminium against aggressive media: the influence of the ion energy", Thin Solid Films 482 (2005), 115-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2004.11.127
- Lichun Bai, Guangan Zhang, Zhiguo Wu, Jun Wang, Pengxun Yan, "Effect of different ion beam energy on properties of amorphous carbon film fabricated by ion beam sputtering deposition (IBSD)", Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 269 (2011), 1871-1877. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nimb.2011.05.017
- Ozlem Duyar Coşkun, Taner Zerrin, "Optical, structural and bonding properties of diamond-like amorphous carbon films deposited by DC magnetron sputtering", Diamond & Related Materials 56 (2015), 29-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diamond.2015.04.004
- N. Sbai-Benchikh, A. Zeinert, H. Caillierez, C. Donnet, "Optical properties of nickel-incorporated amorphous carbon film deposited by femtosecond pulsed laser ablation", Diamond & Related Materials 18 (2009), 1085-1090.
- Junho Choi, Tetsuya Hatta, "Structural changes of hydrogenated amorphous carbon films deposited on steel rods", Applied Surface Science 357 (2015), 814-818. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.09.102
- Ji Won Suk, Shanthi Murali, Jinho An, Rodney S. Ruoff, "Mechanical measurements of ultra-thin amorphous carbon membranes using scanning atomic force microscopy", CARB ON 50 (2012), 2220-2225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2012.01.037
- Ching-Chou Wu, Hsien-Chang Chang, "Estimating the thickness of hydrated ultrathin poly(o-phenylenediamine) film by atomic force microscopy", Analytica Chimica Acta 505 (2004), 239-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2003.10.073
- Nobuki Mutsukura, Shin-ichi Inoue, and Yoshio Machi, "Deposition mechanism of hydrogenated hard-carbon films in a CH4 rf discharge plasma", Journal of Applied Physics 72, 43 (1992), 43-53. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.352145
- Dae-Hwan Kang, Seung-Chul Ha, and Ki-Bum Kim, "Evaluation of the ion bombardment energy for growing diamondlike carbon films in an electron cyclotron resonance plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A, Vol. 16, No. 4, Jul/Aug 1998, 2625-2631. https://doi.org/10.1116/1.581392
- Yong Seob Park and Byungyou Hong, "Tribological Properties of Hydrogenated Amorphous Carbon Thin Films by Close Field Unbalanced Magnetron Sputtering Method", Journal of the Korean Physical Society, Vol. 45, December 2004, pp. S824_S828.
- X. L. Zhou, S. Tunmee, I. Toda, K. Komatsu, S. Ohshio, H. Saitoh , "The Effects of Applied Negative Bias Voltage on Structure and Optical Properties of a-C:H Films", International Scholarly and Scientific Research & Innovation 8(12) 2014, 1337-1341.
- Ho J. Ryu, Sung H. Kim, Soon H. Hong, "Effect of deposition pressure on bonding nature in hydrogenated amorphous carbon films processed by electron cyclotron resonance plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition", Materials Science and Engineering A277 (2000), 57-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(99)00566-3
- Young Ho Son, Woo Chul Jung, Jae In Jeong, No Gill Park, In Soo Kim, Ki Hong Kim, In Ho Bae, "Effect of Substrate Bias Voltage on DLC Films Prepared by ECR-PECVD", Journal of the Korean Vacuum Society, Vol. 9, No. 4, 2000.
- Jaebum Kim and Chongmu Lee, "Dependence of the Physical Properties DLC Films by PECVD on the Ar Gas Addition, Journal of the Korean Physical Society", Vol. 42, February 2003, pp. S956-S960.
- J. Filik et al., "XPS and laser Raman analysis of hydrogenated amorphous carbon films", Diamond and Related Materials 12 (2003) 974-978. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-9635(02)00374-6
- Jun DU et al., "Composition and Microstructure od Magnetron Sputtering Deposited Ti-containing Amorphous Carbon Films", J. Mater. Sci. Technol., Vol. 23 No. 4, 2007, 571-573.
- Chengbing Wang et al., "Influence of deposition pressure on hydrogenated amorphous carbon films prepared by d.c.-pulse plasma chemical vapor deposition", Surf. Interface Anal. 2013, 45, 800-804. https://doi.org/10.1002/sia.5162
- A. Kromka et al., "Linear antenna microwave plasma CVD deposition of diamond films over large areas", Vacuum 86 (2012) 776-779. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2011.07.008
- DC Microplasma Jet for Local a:C-H Deposition Operated in SEM Chamber vol.8, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/mi8070211