- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Establishment for Technology Development Plan for National Spatial Information Infrastructure Cloud Service
국가 공간정보 인프라의 클라우드 서비스 기술개발 방안 수립
- Youn, Junhee (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Changyoon (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Moon, Hyonseok (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2017.01.23
- Accepted : 2017.03.10
- Published : 2017.03.31
Cloud computing is an IT resource providing technology to various users by using virtualization technology. Newly updated spatial information may not be used by other organizations since management authorities are dispersed for Korean public spatial information. Further, the national budget is wasted since each organization independently implements renewable GIS analysis function. These problems can be solved by applying cloud service. However, research related to the application of cloud service to Korea spatial information system has been proposed in the technology development direction, and no detailed development plan has been proposed. In this paper, we deal with the establishment of a technology development plan for national spatial information infrastructure cloud service. First, we deduct the implication to derive the technology development goals by analyzing the political and technical environment. Second, technology and critical technology elements are derived to achieve the goals of the specialist's analysis based on the evaluation elements. As a result, thirteen critical technology elements are derived. Finally, thirty-one research activities, which comprise the critical technology elements, are defined. Critical technology elements and research activities derived in this research will be used for the generation of a technology development road-map.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H. D. Lim, "Direction of Cloud Computing Activating Policy for Creative Economy Realization", Internet & Security Focus, pp. 6-23, 2013.
- K. Kim, S. Lee, "Cloud Market, No More Dream", Kyobo Securities Research Center, http://consensus.hankyung.com/hankyung/file_down.php? pdf=교보20150401IT.pdf (last date accessed: 16 August 2016), 2015.
- KAIA, "Final Report for Future Internet Technology Based Spatial Information Integration and Intelligent Technology Development Plan", Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, 2015.
- C. Li, P. Liu, J. Yin, X. Liu, "The Concept, Key Technology and Applications of Temporal-Spatial Information Infrastructure", Geo-Spatial Information Science, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 148-156, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10095020.2016.1179440 https://doi.org/10.1080/10095020.2016.1179440
- S. Y. Shin, S. H. Song, "A Priority Study for Applying Public Cloud Services in Korea by Mapping the SRM with Overseas Cloud Services in the Public Sector", Internet and Information Security, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 67-89, 2012.
- S. Y. Lee, H. J. Yoon, "The Study on Development of Technology for Electronic Government of S. Korea with Cloud Computing Analysed by the Application of Scenario Planning", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1245-1258, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.6.1245
- KRIHS, "Cloud Computing Adoption for the Geospatial Information System of Public Sector", Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, http://www.krihs.re.kr/publica/reportView.do?num=36079 19 (last date accessed: 15 August 2016), 2015.
- T. Xing, S. Zhang, L. Tao, "Cloud-Based Spatial Information Service Architecture within LBS", Positioning, vol. 5, pp. 59-65, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/pos.2014.53008 https://doi.org/10.4236/pos.2014.53008
- J. Youn, The Establishment of Service Cloud Based Expansion and Developing Plan for National Spatial Data Infrastructure, Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 367-373, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.1.367 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.1.367
- J. H. Kim, S. H. Kim, S. K. Kim, S. M. Kim, J. H. Jung, J. Heo, "A Study on the Reorganization of the National Spatial Information System", Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 373-383, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2015.33.5.373 https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2015.33.5.373
- MLTM, "Development Plan for NSDI Platform, Ministry of Land", Transportation and Maritime Affairs, 2012.
- MLTM, "A Policy Research on National Spatial Information Integrated DB Usage Foundation and Action Plan, Ministry of Land", Transportation and Maritime Affairs, 2011.
- KAIA, "Final Report for SOC Facility Performance Evaluation Technology Development Plan", Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement, 2014.